the end of the Heat era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the end of the Heat era?

Statistically they're unlikely to win another championship.
    wade has basically only played half of the season games so far.
    they've gone on very uncharacteristic losing streaks.
    as great as lebron is, even he can't carry a team all by himself.

personally i *really* want trailblazers vs pacers in the finals.

I hope so. You never know what's going to happen during playoffs. + I think Oden will be big factor ( if he stays healthy and in shape ) vs Pacers.

I want spurs to win it all. Kawhi needs to redeem for this missed free throw and let Popovich retire as a true legend. ( I know, I know, he's legend anyway. )

Comment

I believe they're saving Wade so he can be 100% for the playoffs. I still think we'll see a strong push from them.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        I believe they're saving Wade so he can be 100% for the playoffs. I still think we'll see a strong push from them.
        They don't know if he can be 100% for the playoffs. They don't even know if he'll be ready to play next game. They're using some kind of system to determine if he sits or plays. ( David Aldridge @ TNT coverage. )

Comment

I wouldn't count them out, but I think it's over for them. Anything can happen in the playoffs, and the Heat certainly aren't playing to their top level so far this season. They will turn it on when necessary, but I think the Pacers are an overall better team position by position. They are deeper and have more balance on the roster.

I would love to see Durant beat Lebron in the Finals tho.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't count them out, but I think it's over for them. Anything can happen in the playoffs, and the Heat certainly aren't playing to their top level so far this season. They will turn it on when necessary, but I think the Pacers are an overall better team position by position. They are deeper and have more balance on the roster.

I would love to see Durant beat Lebron in the Finals tho.
            Pacers will only beat the heat and win a ring if they find a way how to limit their turnovers.
            Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

The reports of the Heats death have been greatly exaggerated. Wade's getting healthy for the playoffs, they are the best team in the NBA as long as Lebron is firing on all cylinders.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

What does it mean, statistically they aren't likely to win a championship? Hollinger odds? I don't put much stock into it. It just measures regular season form. They aren't having the best season but they are clearly being extra cautious and taking time to rest, as they should after 3 finals in a row. Wade missed 13 out of 43 games, LeBron and Bosh are playing fewest minutes in their career. They are coasting to no. 2 seed in a weak conference. Smart.

They needed a few small miracles to win last year as well. And that run can't last forever. But I'd put them right around the 2010 Celtics. A bit banged up, tired, not quite at their peak, but still right there and one of the main contenders.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  What does it mean, statistically they aren't likely to win a championship? Hollinger odds? I don't put much stock into it. It just measures regular season form. They aren't having the best season but they are clearly being extra cautious and taking time to rest, as they should after 3 finals in a row. Wade missed 13 out of 43 games, LeBron and Bosh are playing fewest minutes in their career. They are coasting to no. 2 seed in a weak conference. Smart.

They needed a few small miracles to win last year as well. And that run can't last forever. But I'd put them right around the 2010 Celtics. A bit banged up, tired, not quite at their peak, but still right there and one of the main contenders.
                  statistically as in no team has made it to the finals 4 straight times since the mid-80s

Comment

Yea i'm not sold on miami either. Indiana's bench has way too much firepower to handle, unless Greg oden channels his inner Shaq i don't see the heat making it past Indiana

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      statistically as in no team has made it to the finals 4 straight times since the mid-80s
                      To be fair, it's more of a trivia fact. It's like saying that Jordan wasn't likely to win in 1993 because no team had won 3 titles in a row since mid 60s.

Comment

I really don't like Wade now, he's losing his athleticism, his body is breaking down and he failed to adjust his game, like all the greats usualy do ( he didnt add a 3pt shot). But if the Heat are healthy by the playoffs and they turn it on defensively, they are still in contention, the Pacers will be a tough match up for them, but if the Heat (Oden) can match up with Hibbert I see them winning

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                          I really don't like Wade now, he's losing his athleticism, his body is breaking down and he failed to adjust his game, like all the greats usualy do ( he didnt add a 3pt shot).
                          People have been saying this for a few years now. If they guy can still drop an efficient 20 points and get a few assists and rebounds, he isn't "breaking down". Sure, he might not be the Wade of old, but the guy is still capable of winning a position matchup over the course of a playoff series. The Heat 3-Peat is still a very real possibility.

Comment

This is the Heat coasting. That's what is so scary.

Comment

didnt they have a bunch of uncharacteristic losses right before they went on a 27 game win streak? or am i thinking the season before? if i am right tho, close this thread.

edit: even if i am wrong, close this thread... they won the championship that season too.

Comment

Working...
                              X