Kyle Lowry Turnaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post

Is Lowry the long term answer? When will the Raptors be legit contenders? If we're talking 3-5 years out then a S&T is their best scenario. Unless you think he's gonna be the next Billups or something.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    well he doesn't really rely on speed or athleticism...As he gains old man strength I could actually see him getting a touch better still. That being said he does play like a 6ft Gerald Wallace...so gotta be careful there
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      he will resign here for 5 years 50 million and anyone who disagrees with my value is wrong
      Oh, well should we just close the thread now then?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Oh, well should we just close the thread now then?

well we do have the contract locked down...so unless there are other elements to discuss here..........

w
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
          You know, here is a good example of two things.....

1) People simply do not read what is printed.

or

2) People read it, but can't quite understand, or choose not to understand the content.

The reality, the Kyle Lowry story, with the euphemisms that this article used out of respect and a desire to be polite, is all there if you cared to actually read it. Kyle Lowry hasnt experienced anything "unfair" in his life as an NBA player, to suggest so is just wrong. Read the article, the meeting was not a love in, it was a wake up call, and a chance for people that have A LOT of capital invested into him to let him know that his past, and his past actions and attitudes were a detriment, and that if he wanted to continue, and be successful, it was time to smarten the fuck up. Period. Toronto hasn't betstowed anything on this guy, this guy is what they have left, and they cannot afford to have it pissed out the window.

Lowry himself admits all of this, and he makes a fantastic comment about drowing up, about being married, and having a child. Perhaps you young guys all still come from that young, us against the world mindset. This chip where you feel the world does you wrong, and you are "owed" something. Its fair, its part of life, and part of being young. But Kyle Lowry, this guy was an idiot, selfish, a hot head, and had alienated himself from two teams and was starting to do it in Toronto. The talent, it was always there, the drive, completely there, but the maturity.....fuck no.

KL is a fantastic player. I have admitted that frm day one. But since his arrival, I have always maintained he just didn't get it. And self admittedly, from KL himself, and ALL those around him, he didn't. But thats ok. Thats in the past, and this guy has grown up leaps and bounds over the last 12 months. Its just fantastic to see a guy make that kind of life choice, that type of personality growth, and that sort of mental effort and discipline to become the man he always could have been. For some it takes longer than others.

End story, Toronto has a legitimate top PG on their team now. He is all grown up, he is learning to lead, lead by example and lead with positivity and communication. Today kyle Lowry is more Steve Nash than he is Allen Iverson and let me tell you, 12 months ago, you couldnt have said that. Don't even assume life was unfair to KL, not ever. I would offer that he would knock you one in the nose if you told him that now.... he takes responsibility for himself now, he "gets it" now.

As Toronto fans, we should be super happy about this.... I know I am.
          Awesome post. I agree 100%.

Comment

how does a 50million 4 year contract sound
            1st year-14.5million
            2st year-13.5million
            3rd year-12million
            4th year-10million
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
            X