Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are They Saying Boo or Boourns?

How long are we going to boo T-mac?

He left a decade ago and primarily because Wince wouldn't or couldn't share the spotlight. Personally I think he's had the roughest year of anyone making 23 million a year ever. He's never made it out of the first round and his claim to fame is scoring 13 points in 33 seconds. He was either good but not great or great at being good.

I actually think its hilarious that we still boo him and it got me wondering what other teams still boo ex stars and after Wince who gets the worst treatment from thier former home?

Lastly, if Bosh flees will his inglorious return to town eclipse the vitriol we normally only unleash for the dark lord?

At least when T-mac left we thought we were in good hands. In fact the raps made thier only foray into the second round that year, but I can't seem to remember how it ended.

If Bosh leaves us with Bargs and Turk as stewards into the new decade, should we ever forgive him?

mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I actually think its hilarious that we still boo him and it got me wondering what other teams still boo ex stars and after Wince who gets the worst treatment from thier former home?
    Well T-mac didn't do himself any favours by saying that he thinks Bosh will leave the Raptors in a newspaper article yesterday, just adding more flames to the fire.

Lastly, if Bosh flees will his inglorious return to town eclipse the vitriol we normally only unleash for the dark lord?
    I think the Raptor fans will boo him because if he leaves our team, they will suck for at least 2-3 seasons. I would also feel sorry for Turkoglu who will be stuck here for at least 3 seasons because he will suffer the wrath of the fans like he never felt before. The last year T-mac was with the Raptors he had his breakout year and he could have been better much sooner if Butch Carter didn't restrict his minutes so much.

At least when T-mac left we thought we were in good hands. In fact the raps made thier only foray into the second round that year, but I can't seem to remember how it ended.
    The Raptors were still in good hands because they had depth in every position. However if T-mac was with the Raptors that year I honestly think that they would have gotten past the sixers and probably would have made it to the finals.

If Bosh leaves us with Bargs and Turk as stewards into the new decade, should we ever forgive him?
    Yeah as soon as the Raptors become a good team again and we would have a new superstar on our hands thus continuing to lament of what could have been if Bosh was still a Raptor

Comment

No team anywhere boos any former player like we boo Wince. I hate him for openly dogging it for us and then averaging approx. 44ppg immediately after getting traded. Seeing what we could've had -- what we sorta-did have -- just burns me up like it was lasterday. And, sure, he's washed up now and it's all in the past. But we had Wince in his prime and a tantalizing rook named Bosh that had the makings of a really effective tandem. Sure, it's not quite Expos-in-94 epic, but to me, it's up there with the great what-ifs in Toronto sports history.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Well T-mac didn't do himself any favours by saying that he thinks Bosh will leave the Raptors in a newspaper article yesterday, just adding more flames to the fire.
        This is all the reason fans in the stands needed.

Comment

I actually had to be reminded that he played for us. The booing was half-hearted at best, I doubt it means anything. It would be another matter if T-Mac had turned out to be a Kobe type player but his career has been a major disappointment.

Comment

I wasn't at the game, but I'd say the booing was pretty intense from my couch. I assume its more of a mob mentality and most people booing either weren't fans when Tmac was playing or even knew he played for us.

You could argue Tmac has/had all the skills of Kobe if not more, just lacking in that little thing called heart and desire.

His stat line from 2002/2003 .457 .386 .793 6.5 5.5 1.6 .8 32.1. That is a pantheon level stat line that only a few players in history have ever come close to. He is the most talented player to ever come through our organization and a couple revisionist histerectomies and his legacy could read champion not chump.

If we booed every player that thought Bosh would leave, the city would be overcome with massive bouts of laryngitis.

Comment

Tracy McGrady to the Toronto fans that booed him:

"Get over it. It has been 11 years."
              And I couldn't agree more.

Comment

I was pretty amazed that MacGreedy was still getting boo'd. I also think Vince should stop getting boo'd. Whatever it's been over and done with. Also, if Bosh goes he'll get a standing O the next time he comes back
                Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
                  I Also, if Bosh goes he'll get a standing O the next time he comes back
                  Wishful thinking but something tells me that if he decides to leave this summer some might see as it a slap in the face and I'm sure will even boo Bosh.

Anyhow, we don't have to worry about that anyways because he's going to re-sign. *knocks on wood*

Comment

I hope with the extra 30 million dolllars he signs with the Raptors, Chris can get a new professional assistants instead of the unproffesional Hadi who lives vicariously through Bosh by giving shout out on twitter to Andy Roddick .

Comment

Working...
                    X