Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demar Derozan - most disrespected player

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demar Derozan - most disrespected player

Also selected from the 2012 gold medallists were: Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, Deron Williams, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis, Tyson Chandler and Andre Iguodala.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski is back to lead the Americans, as he has done since 2005.

The other players picked were: Chicago's Derrick Rose, Houston's Dwight Howard, the Clippers' Blake Griffin, Indiana's Paul George; Stephen Curry, David Lee and Klay Thompson of Golden State; LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard of Portland; Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving of Cleveland; San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard; Washington's Bradley Beal; Atlanta's Kyle Korver; Detroit's Andre Drummond; Denver's Kenneth Faried; and Utah's Gordon Hayward.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/lebr...6385--nba.html
    Man, Demar just never gets any respect from the States. 2K rates him below 80, now Team USA snubs him over guys like Beal, Hayword, injured Derrick Rose!!! If he gets snubbed this All Star, I hope it motivates him even more to lead this team and put up great numbers. This guy just gets better every year, and he's still developing.

Maybe he could apply for Cdn citizenship and pull a Brett Hull? LOL.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Man, Demar just never gets any respect from the States. 2K rates him below 80, now Team USA snubs him over guys like Beal, Hayword, injured Derrick Rose!!! If he gets snubbed this All Star, I hope it motivates him even more to lead this team and put up great numbers. This guy just gets better every year, and he's still developing.

None of those picks are that crazy though. It's not like he got snubbed for dion waiters or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post

I'm tough on DeRozan, but I'm quite surprised to see him left off the US camp invite.

If they are looking for specialization from their bench, it makes sense to see Leonard (defense) and Thompson/Beal/Korver (3pt shooting), but I don't get the love for Hayward.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm tough on DeRozan, but I'm quite surprised to see him left off the US camp invite.

If they are looking for specialization from their bench, it makes sense to see Leonard (defense) and Thompson/Beal/Korver (3pt shooting), but I don't get the love for Hayward.
    I get the love for Hayward. He is an awesome player when asked not to be the man. Defends, creates, rebounds, plays off ball - total glue guy - while being a capable scorer when not the focus.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I get the love for Hayward. He is an awesome player when asked not to be the man. Defends, creates, rebounds, plays off ball - total glue guy - while being a capable scorer when not the focus.
    and he's white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    and he's white.
    I don't get it.

Is that a dig at me?
    USA Basketball?
    Media?
    Fans?

I don't see the importance of his race. I'm looking at Hayward's skill set.

If it was a dig at me, my favourite players of all time are not white.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No, no shot at you. I actually think if Team USA is picking and there's 2 guys with equal skill they'll take the white guy. It's a national team so tie goes to the white guy, it's like reverse affirmative-action (or actual affirmative action if you think about it, it gives the minority a slight leg up)

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NBA.com MVP Ladder: Lowry out, Derozan in at #9

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post

WOW Over Harden ... That's sick. That IS respect if you ask me.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 24th, 2014 at 01:02 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

10. Like ReubenJRD, GoldenBaller liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade him now trade him now trade him now. This right here is the peak. His value will never be greater than right at this instant.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    WOW Over Harden ... That's sick. That IS respect if you ask me.
    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Trade him now trade him now trade him now. This right here is the peak. His value will never be greater than right at this instant.
    Let's trade him for Harden

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this what a 40 pt night does for your stock? Sheesh, these guys are crazy, did they not see the previous games against CHA, LAL, and BOS? I like Derozan, and I would bet moreso than most, but Lowry is the MVP of the Raps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Thing is though, people have been saying that for years about Derozan, and he continues to prove them wrong.
    In Masai we Trust.

15. Like Puffer, charlesnba23 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is though, people have been saying that for years about Derozan, and he continues to prove them wrong.
    If we're speaking in technicalities, then we'll truly never know when/if DeMar has reached his peak until he starts regressing. By then, the opportunity to get a big return would be less.

My point is that if Masai decides that he wants to trade DeRozan, waiting until he's got "maximal" trade value isn't smart. It's risky.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

17. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If we're speaking in technicalities, then we'll truly never know when/if DeMar has reached his peak until he starts regressing. By then, the opportunity to get a big return would be less.
    You ever watch Deal or No Deal? That show was awesome.
    In Masai we Trust.

19. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm proud of him tho!! Good for him! GO Derozan, Go Raps!!

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I agree, they need someone with his skill set on the team. Every one of those guys is a number one/two option on their respective teams, but it's impossible to predict how they respond to not being that guy.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but I'm saying it now. So it's totally different.

23. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a good point to an extent. Consistency is what separates the truly great from the talented.

However when it comes to his scoring, while he has certainly improved in the eye test, the scoring statistics have stayed remarkably the same to a little worse.

I like DeRozan as a person from what he portrays and is portrayed of him. I hope Masai finds a way to build success with him. It is a hell of a lot easier to build with what you have than to replace pieces..... unless you hit the jackpot in the lottery. In a sense the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Is this what a 40 pt night does for your stock? Sheesh, these guys are crazy, did they not see the previous games against CHA, LAL, and BOS? I like Derozan, and I would bet moreso than most, but Lowry is the MVP of the Raps!
    Thanks for this link. This is surprising! At least he's getting some recognition. There were other great players snubbed from the Team USA like John Wall, Monta Ellis.

I would say Derozan is the MVP of this team, Lowry would be number 2. Derozan has stepped up to be the guy after Gay got traded. Lowry though is proving me wrong as well, and his play is key to the team's success.

Thread Information