Demar Derozan - most disrespected player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
    He Isn't as iso-heavy as gay tho. He gets most of good, efficient looks from midrange off of pin downs, curls, and screens. I think that in itself is useful. This team has to many three point shooters. I honestly don't get why they put korver, he is not a better rebounder or defender than demar, although I do think he is a better passer and three pointer shooter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Laptop using KeyBoard.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Trade him now trade him now trade him now. This right here is the peak. His value will never be greater than right at this instant.
      Why trade someone who plays good???? This is why we're looked at as a JOKE!! Y'all want tank mode for UNPROVEN players and want to trade guys that are good on our team. Ease off the NBA2K14, for a bit, bro. Smdh. #AssBackwards
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
        Why trade someone who plays good???? This is why we're looked at as a JOKE!! Y'all want tank mode for UNPROVEN players and want to trade guys that are good on our team. Ease off the NBA2K14, for a bit, bro. Smdh. #AssBackwards
        hardy har har. nice one
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
          Because DD is good.

We need elite.

The draft has that chance

/end

Comment

and can you give me the odds on that chance? Tanking isn't a sure thing. But having a player like DeMar is a sure thing, we know what he can and can't do, and now we just have to build this team with him as a piece. Free Agency has it's merits, so do trades and drafting deep in the draft. Kawii Leonard, Faried, Jrue Holiday, McGee, Ibaka, Rondo, Ellis, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Zach Randolf, etc. are all players that were drafted in the late teens and early twenties. We may not get an Elite (Lebron, Durant, Kobe) type of player, but we can get a damn good piece for an already good youthful team. Scouting is the key and it looks like we spent and recruited a good staff this past summer.

Comment

Oh and we are 16-8 (.667) since the Gay trade, that's pretty impressive, and I can only see this team getting better.

Comment

Yeah i really don't understand the thinking. You already have a sure thing in DeRozan. A 24 year old soon to be all-star. But people here wants to move him for a draft pick, and HOPE that that player becomes elite? it doesn't make sense.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                  and can you give me the odds on that chance? Tanking isn't a sure thing. But having a player like DeMar is a sure thing, we know what he can and can't do, and now we just have to build this team with him as a piece. Free Agency has it's merits, so do trades and drafting deep in the draft. Kawii Leonard, Faried, Jrue Holiday, McGee, Ibaka, Rondo, Ellis, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Zach Randolf, etc. are all players that were drafted in the late teens and early twenties. We may not get an Elite (Lebron, Durant, Kobe) type of player, but we can get a damn good piece for an already good youthful team. Scouting is the key and it looks like we spent and recruited a good staff this past summer.
                  Nobody said, or has ever said, it was a sure thing.

I will tell you one sure thing. DD will never be a superstar/elite player. A draft pick might be.

Free Agency and Canada...are we gonna go down this road again?

Trades? We have to trade something of value to get something of value back...DD is said 'something'

One thing people seem to forget around here is that outside of the top 5 in the draft, the odds of even picking an all-star plummet. And the chances of picking a superstar are even less. Sure you can list those names of good players, but you can list way more Cole Aldrich's than Paul George's (Cole was drafted right after Paul BTW)

The only team to win the NBA finals, or even be a team IN THE FINALS that didn't have an elite player was the Detroit Pistons. That is some serious dreaming if you think that by just adding a good player into our rotation will make us competitive.

We need an elite player. The draft is still our best bet. Although....this year's draft is out of the question now.

Oh and we are 16-8 (.667) since the Gay trade, that's pretty impressive, and I can only see this team getting better.
                  And yet we are barely winning against progressively worse teams...

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Nobody said, or has ever said, it was a sure thing.

I will tell you one sure thing. DD will never be a superstar/elite player. A draft pick might be.

Free Agency and Canada...are we gonna go down this road again?
                    Nope, I agree DeMar will never be an elite/superstar player, but he can be a big part of a competitive team. A winning team will draw free agents, I'm not saying elite talent, but valuable players..

Trades? We have to trade something of value to get something of value back...DD is said 'something'
                    So are draft picks, I'm sure a first rounder would also bring back talent.

The only team to win the NBA finals, or even be a team IN THE FINALS that didn't have an elite player was the Detroit Pistons. That is some serious dreaming if you think that by just adding a good player into our rotation will make us competitive.
                    I think it's possible to repeat that model. We already have two young prospects that could eventually be all-stars ,or at the very least, big contributors. But there is no point in arguing about their potential. History repeats it's self.

If you go back and look at the last 10 drafts, there is anywhere from 1-3 all-stars or borderline all-stars in each top ten. Some drafts are better than others. There are that many all-stars/borderline all-stars available at 15-30. You don't have to tank to be competitive.

A winning record is a winning record. At least they are beating the better teams
                    Last edited by saints91; Sat Jan 25, 2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Nope, I agree DeMar will never be an elite/superstar player, but he can be a big part of a competitive team. A winning team will draw free agents, I'm not saying elite talent, but valuable players..

So are draft picks, I'm sure a first rounder would also bring back talent.

I think it's possible to repeat that model. We already have two young prospects that could eventually be all-stars ,or at the very least, big contributors. But there is no point in arguing about their potential. History repeats it's self.

If you go back and look at the last 10 drafts, there is anywhere from 1-3 all-stars or borderline all-stars in each top ten. Some drafts are better than others. There are that many all-stars/borderline all-stars available at 15-30. You don't have to tank to be competitive.
                      Why the red??

I don't think DD can be a big part of a competitive team unless he accepts a 20-25 minute 6th man role.

History has not yet repeated itself with the Pistons. And one could argue that Billups and Rasheed were elite in the playoffs, and Ben was an elite defender. I don't think that trying to emulate the Pistons will get us past Lebron or Hibbert.

I did a quick peruse of the 2008-2011 drafts for all-stars (i got lazy and stopped counting before 08)

Drafted top 10: 10/40 <----- 25% chance of getting an all star, some of which are superstars
                      Drafted 10-30: 3/80 <------- 3.75% of getting an all-star, and only 1/80 of a chance of landing Hibbert.

Yupp, I want in the top ten tyvm.

Comment

Why the red??

I don't think DD can be a big part of a competitive team unless he accepts a 20-25 minute 6th man role.

History has not yet repeated itself with the Pistons. And one could argue that Billups and Rasheed were elite in the playoffs, and Ben was an elite defender. I don't think that trying to emulate the Pistons will get us past Lebron or Hibbert.

I did a quick peruse of the 2008-2011 drafts for all-stars (i got lazy and stopped counting before 08)

Drafted top 10: 10/40 <----- 25% chance of getting an all star, some of which are superstars
                        Drafted 10-30: 3/80 <------- 3.75% of getting an all-star, and only 1/80 of a chance of landing Hibbert.

Yupp, I want in the top ten tyvm.
                        Just with regards to how I see this math done quite often. I don`t buy that the draft is a complete crap shoot. I think people make bad picks and good ones. There are 3 all stars from 10-30, and there may be more in the future. I think it`s certainly possible to scout them properly and pick one.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          Just with regards to how I see this math done quite often. I don`t buy that the draft is a complete crap shoot. I think people make bad picks and good ones. There are 3 all stars from 10-30, and there may be more in the future. I think it`s certainly possible to scout them properly and pick one.
                          What I argue is that it isn't a crap shoot. In fact, my argument stats that GOOD TALENT is found at HIGH PICKS. No crap shoot.

Actually from the years I went through the max number of all-stars after 10 was 2....and they were closer to ten than thirty. It still requires a high pick in the draft. Period.

Comment

Sorry dont know if it was said yet but I think one of the most underrated aspects of demar is his durability. Looks like he is getting ready to miss his only something like 10th game of his career tomorrow. Durability is something that u need. U don't want ur superstars (like one we would have picked up in the draft) in and out of the lineups.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

What I argue is that it isn't a crap shoot. In fact, my argument stats that GOOD TALENT is found at HIGH PICKS. No crap shoot.

Actually from the years I went through the max number of all-stars after 10 was 2....and they were closer to ten than thirty. It still requires a high pick in the draft. Period.
                              That's a pretty flimsy straw man argument if I ever heard one. Do you understand the basic concept of "crap shoot"? It's certainly true that "GOOD TALENT is found at HIGH PICKS", but it's also true that in every single draft, players that have been ranked high on mock drafts (based on NBA scouts' assessments?) through the season, and are drafted high, turn out to be busts, while some simply don't come close to living up to their hype. Again, this happens with every draft, and is the reason why everybody associated with the game refers to the draft as a crap shoot sometimes.

Comment

salmon wrote: View Post
                                That's a pretty flimsy straw man argument if I ever heard one. Do you understand the basic concept of "crap shoot"? It's certainly true that "GOOD TALENT is found at HIGH PICKS", but it's also true that in every single draft, players that have been ranked high on mock drafts (based on NBA scouts' assessments?) through the season, and are drafted high, turn out to be busts, while some simply don't come close to living up to their hype. Again, this happens with every draft, and is the reason why everybody associated with the game refers to the draft as a crap shoot sometimes.
                                This applies to every player that is drafted. Any player can be a bust, no matter when they are drafted. Later than ten you have a higher chance of the player turning into a bust, its just you don't hear about it because who cares if the 27th pick is no longer in the NBA. They wouldn't have gotten drafted if the GM didn't think they could play in the NBA, but since they have failed to become an NBA calibre player, they are a "bust" as well.

The fact remains though, is that you have roughly a 25% chance to grab a star if you are drafting in the top 10, and a 3.75% chance outside of that. Which means that it is way way less of a "crap shoot" to draft high

Comment

Working...
                                X