Thread: NBA PM: Bargnani Needs Bosh

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NBA PM: Bargnani Needs Bosh

So writes Jason Fleming editor of Hoopsworld:

In this edition of the NBA PM: Andrea Bargnani needs Chris Bosh back…Marcus Camby hurts another ankle…Here's hoping Allen Iverson can right the ship…HOOPSWORLD Chats.

Can Bargs Handle the Heat? There is a lot of talk about Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh because he could be a free agent after this season should he decline his $17.1 million Player Option as expected. However, all of this talk naturally goes to where Bosh could sign – and almost none of it about how the Raptors would replace him.

Now, before we go any further, let's just get it clear I personally am fairly sure Bosh will stay in Toronto and sign a new contract for a variety of reasons. But, on the off chance he decides to leave, the question about replacing him will have to be asked.

The most likely candidate from the current roster would be former #1 pick Andrea Bargnani.
    cont reading on link

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15497

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is to Bosh what Robin is to Batman. An awesome sidekick.

Andrea will never be "The Man" aka the main focal point on a team. He needs to play second fiddle so it takes the pressure off him. I personally don't think Andrea has the mental fortitude to become a great NBA player. I encourage him to prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post
    ne one can correct me if I'm wrong , i don't know a 7 footer white guy been focal point of his team and playing at 5 (center) position in NBA history other than old Larry Bird or Nowitzki (if they are 5). They are not even close to be called "Dominant". May be "Great Shooter" (and "Leader" for Bird) to express them but exactly not Dominant.
    You are wrong, so let me correct you.

Bill Walton.

Larry Bird was a small forward, Kevin McHale power forward, and Robert Parrish center on the Celtics teams, and Dirk is a power forward/4 for the most part, with Dampier or Diop(when he was with Dallas) as the 5.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You have better memory than me. You may help me by showing a dominant, being focal white guy at 5.
    David Lee (became dominant this season)
    Kevin Love (will become dominant by next season)
    Paul Gasol (was the focal point on Memphis and won a ring with Lakers)
    Andrew Bogut (became focal point recently and the Bucks have been winning as a result)
    Chris Kaman (is dominant but plays on a bad team from being truly apperciated).
    Marc Gasol (will become dominant by next season)
    Last edited by Hotshot; Sat Mar 6th, 2010 at 05:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Seeten. Their classic line ups were just like you described.

Parrish, Dampier and Diop have one common thing other than playing 5, They are not white guyz as long as remember, So my notion stands.
    You have better memory than me. You may help me by showing a dominant, being focal white guy at 5.
    I did, the dominant white guy was Bill Walton. He led Portland to the '77 title, as the defacto best player/most dominant center of his era, and his unbelievable career was sadly derailed by injuries, but for the seasons he was injury free, he was unstoppable.

"The Big Redhead" as he was known. He still does game commentary, known for such notable phrases as "Throw it DOWN, big man!"

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

George Mikan
    Wilt
    Bill Russell
    Kareem

All of them superior to any big playing today and so far in the 21st century.

All of them dominated the game, make so mistake about it.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

What on earth difference does it make what colour the guy is? I'm sorry, but that is a ridiculous statement and not one even worthy of discussion.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Bosh was back today and he still played like he wanted to be somewhere else eating fucking pasta !!

Thread Information