Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Game #43: Los Angeles Clippers 126 - Toronto Raptors 118

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Therefore I am content to see how things go. And to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?
    I agree with this sentiment, but don't understand its use here. This is a forum. I've got a great deal of faith in Ujiri, but I still like to voice my opinions on the direction I'd like to see the team go, my evaluations of players, and my thoughts on the team and franchise in general.

And as a side note, wouldn't the logic you apply here be just as easily applied to Rudy Gay on December the 1st? MU must have seen a valuable and improving asset in Rudy Gay in November, since he hadn't been traded yet.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I come into an old game day thread expecting to see a little bit of drama and what do i get but thoughtful, mature conversation. Shame on you, shame on you i say.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I agree with this sentiment, but don't understand its use here. This is a forum. I've got a great deal of faith in Ujiri, but I still like to voice my opinions on the direction I'd like to see the team go, my evaluations of players, and my thoughts on the team and franchise in general...
    Agree 100%. But note in the section of my comment you quoted. "...to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?" there should be a big emphasis on the NO.

Some posters only seem to see DeRozan as a detriment, giving no credit for how he attracts attention form the other team, how he can have good nights, how he has improved etc. As for value in Rudy Gay, it seems like he had quite a bit of value in that he returned a nice package and assisted in the Raps in gaining some financial flexibility and cap relief.

On any given night any player can be shit. On the flip side there can be value in any player, it seems, if you have Masai's propensity for looking more than one move ahead.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Agree 100%. But note in the section of my comment you quoted. "...to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?" there should be a big emphasis on the NO.

Some posters only seem to see DeRozan as a detriment, giving no credit for how he attracts attention form the other team, how he can have good nights, how he has improved etc. As for value in Rudy Gay, it seems like he had quite a bit of value in that he returned a nice package and assisted in the Raps in gaining some financial flexibility and cap relief.

On any given night any player can be shit. On the flip side there can be value in any player, it seems, if you have Masai's propensity for looking more than one move ahead.
    As a poster usually on the DD "hater" side.

No, he isn't a detriment. Definitely not. I don't think he is a benefit either though.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    As a poster usually on the DD "hater" side.

No, he isn't a detriment. Definitely not. I don't think he is a benefit either though.
    Room for all sides. The conversation just moves along smoother without resorting to extreme views. And I agree with you, he's not a detriment. If he was I suspect Masai would have dealt him by now. As to how beneficial he is, it always seems to come down to his efficiency and his defense, though I think I have seen some improvement in his D.

Post Thanks / Like

^^This stretch where he will be out is going to be a very important stretch to determine what effect he has on the team.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    ^^This stretch where he will be out is going to be a very important stretch to determine what effect he has on the team.
    Agreed, but it'll also affect our wing depth, so it'll be hard to isolate DD's effect from shallow wing position effect. Like if we had a second John Salmons (who I consider a replacement level player) instead, would our record be affected.

Obviously that test it almost impossible to do, but conclusions drawn from this stretch of games will have to be tempered a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

But if we keep playing well with the majority of the wing minutes going to a combination of Novak/Stone/Vasquez/Salmons....oh boi

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WHERES THE GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!! vs the nets
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    WHERES THE GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!! vs the nets
    in brooklyn

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread Information