Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 93

Thread: Leiweke the "Headhunter"

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Stephen A. Smith recently said that there's a "mystery third team" in the Lebron sweepstakes this summer besides Miami and Cleveland, and he stated it wasn't the Lakers or Knicks.

    Let the speculation begin!
    The same Stephen A Smith who claimed it was fait accompli last time around for LeBron to Knicks?

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    SAS gotta say something hahahaha

  3. #23
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Anyone who works in the recruiting industry is well aware of the term "headhunting'. I have to say I wish I had some the stars like Leiweke has available when I'm trying to find Senior Siebel Systems Admininstrators or DLPS C++ Software Developers in the nation's capital. Would make my job soooo much easier.

    Regardless, here is a behind the scenes look at how he and the MLSE enticed Jermain Defoe to come overseas and play with the FC this season. Can wait to see if Leiweke pulls out similar moves with potential FA's for the Raptors this summer and years to come.



    Source - Click here
    The Raptors have a five star executive at the top and clearly well connected. When the Raptors have space to be FA players again you know it's going to end a lot better than a Hedon't or a no name foreign import(sorry Jorge, I still love ya).

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  4. Like ceez, mcHAPPY, Superjudge liked this post
  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Raptors have a five star executive at the top and clearly well connected. When the Raptors have space to be FA players again you know it's going to end a lot better than a Hedon't or a no name foreign import(sorry Jorge, I still love ya).

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Agreed times 100

  6. #25
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I still can't believe he had the pull to get LBJ in on a MLSE pitch. Wow.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,662
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Oh.

    So NOW you all get it.

    NOW you all see why some of us don't think its out of the question AT ALL that the Raps make a run at Lebron.

    Trust me man, this TL guy, he's a boss. He isn't here to take a paycheque. He see's an opportunity to do something thought impossible, and he is already showing people that it isn't.

    I wouldn't be surprised if he pry'd Zizou out of retirement to play a couple years for TFC too. He thinks big like that.

    I used to say Kobe, and this was 5 years back.... Kobe could sign here, instead of LA, and it would become his opportunity to do something exceptional. Only guys like him, and Lebron, Shaq, only these guys are immune to the whole marketing and sponsor thing, because they are world wide icons and will get theirs no matter if its, LA, Miami, Toronto or Yellowknife. What motivates these guys, is finding new ways to appease their ego, and new challenges for them to conquer. its how they are wired.

    Having seen and heard what you have over the last month or so, can you now see how a guy Like TL, with Drake, and a full support blessing from Canada's top TWO media conglomerates can make shit happen, and that you can conceivably see a guy like Lebron James say, "you know what, I sign in Toronto, with that young and upcoming team, and we are gonna win a title, they got a tonne of draft picks, and a core, and I can do what NOBODY else could, I could eclipse Vinsanity, I could make Toronto a winner, an dwin the first ever championship off american soil".

    Thats a real thing guys. Its a reality, guys think about that stuff. Now, think about this, they tell him he can have Vince as a back up guy, a vet, for the run..... now he's winning it all, in Vince's house, with Vince there to watch. THAT is a whol eother wrinkle and level of psychology.

    I love this stuff..... this is my soap opera...hahahah
    I'd like to think I got it. I recall making posts about this type of situation when he was hired.

    I just didn't realize the magnitude of TL's pull.

    That is just crazy connections.

    Wow.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter RPT23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Lebron on this team would go on at least a 3 championship run..
    ...or 4, 5, 6................
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

  9. Like FoxMachine liked this post
  10. #28
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Oh.

    So NOW you all get it.

    NOW you all see why some of us don't think its out of the question AT ALL that the Raps make a run at Lebron.

    Trust me man, this TL guy, he's a boss. He isn't here to take a paycheque. He see's an opportunity to do something thought impossible, and he is already showing people that it isn't.

    I wouldn't be surprised if he pry'd Zizou out of retirement to play a couple years for TFC too. He thinks big like that.

    I used to say Kobe, and this was 5 years back.... Kobe could sign here, instead of LA, and it would become his opportunity to do something exceptional. Only guys like him, and Lebron, Shaq, only these guys are immune to the whole marketing and sponsor thing, because they are world wide icons and will get theirs no matter if its, LA, Miami, Toronto or Yellowknife. What motivates these guys, is finding new ways to appease their ego, and new challenges for them to conquer. its how they are wired.

    Having seen and heard what you have over the last month or so, can you now see how a guy Like TL, with Drake, and a full support blessing from Canada's top TWO media conglomerates can make shit happen, and that you can conceivably see a guy like Lebron James say, "you know what, I sign in Toronto, with that young and upcoming team, and we are gonna win a title, they got a tonne of draft picks, and a core, and I can do what NOBODY else could, I could eclipse Vinsanity, I could make Toronto a winner, an dwin the first ever championship off american soil".

    Thats a real thing guys. Its a reality, guys think about that stuff. Now, think about this, they tell him he can have Vince as a back up guy, a vet, for the run..... now he's winning it all, in Vince's house, with Vince there to watch. THAT is a whol eother wrinkle and level of psychology.

    I love this stuff..... this is my soap opera...hahahah
    If LeBron cared about challenge he wouldn't have spit in the face of his home state in order to stack the deck in Miami.

    I think he's most likely to either stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland and redeem himself to his people.

    Toronto needs more than a slick pitch to the best player on earth. Both Miami and Cleveland have something priceless that Toronto does not(past glories and home sentiments).

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  11. Like Charlie Brown, rocwell liked this post
  12. #29
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i can honestly say I was impressed by TL when he arrived. His almost constant roasting of BC made me grin. I did not fully understand what he is capable of though, until I read that article. Even if we dont get Lebron or Melo (don't want him) or whoever, at least we know we have ownership in place truly willing to spend and execs with the intelligence (masai) and willpower/connections (TL) to make some things happen. Between the BMO Field expansion, the ALL STAR game in 2016, you gotta know some dollars will be spent getting the raptors to an elite level by then

  13. #30
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we can't/don't resign Casey it is not out of the question that TL could land a JVG/SVG/Sloan/Jackson type coach

  14. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was NOT expecting that when I opened this thread. LeBron? That's insanity.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  15. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow. Just wow. So good I had to read it multiple times. Future is bright!😎😎🌞🌞🌞

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

  16. #33
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    TL is a boss.

    I don't see James coming to Toronto.. not with Bosh not here. If Bosh was here I think the chances are a lot higher (James would I'm sure would want to play with another star player and/or close friend).

    This is how I see things playing out:

    - Vince will be signed as a free agent next season to play backup Wing (take Salmons spot).
    - Nash will be acquired in a trade by the draft (Salmons for Nash and a protected first) to play backup PG.
    - Wiggins will be acquired in a trade by sometime in 2014/2015 (future pick and prospect like Ross or 2014 pick).
    - Star player (like Love) will be acquired as a free agent in 2015 (using TL/Drake's connections).
    - Durant will be signed as a free agent in 2016 (using TL/Drake's connections)

    Wiggins/Durant/2015 star player and Nash/Vince (one or both as members of the Raptors in some front office capacity) will all be used to hype up the 2016 all-star game/festivities.

  17. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    TL is a boss.

    I don't see James coming to Toronto.. not with Bosh not here. If Bosh was here I think the chances are a lot higher (James would I'm sure would want to play with another star player and/or close friend).

    This is how I see things playing out:

    - Vince will be signed as a free agent next season to play backup Wing (take Salmons spot).
    - Nash will be acquired in a trade by the draft (Salmons for Nash and a protected first) to play backup PG.
    - Wiggins will be acquired in a trade by sometime in 2014/2015 (future pick and prospect like Ross or 2014 pick).
    - Star player (like Love) will be acquired as a free agent in 2015 (using TL/Drake's connections).
    - Durant will be signed as a free agent in 2016 (using TL/Drake's connections)

    Wiggins/Durant/2015 star player and Nash/Vince (one or both as members of the Raptors in some front office capacity) will all be used to hype up the 2016 all-star game/festivities.
    I'd like to have what you're having
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

  18. #35
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    10,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    TL is a boss.

    I don't see James coming to Toronto.. not with Bosh not here. If Bosh was here I think the chances are a lot higher (James would I'm sure would want to play with another star player and/or close friend).

    This is how I see things playing out:

    - Vince will be signed as a free agent next season to play backup Wing (take Salmons spot).
    - Nash will be acquired in a trade by the draft (Salmons for Nash and a protected first) to play backup PG.
    - Wiggins will be acquired in a trade by sometime in 2014/2015 (future pick and prospect like Ross or 2014 pick).
    - Star player (like Love) will be acquired as a free agent in 2015 (using TL/Drake's connections).
    - Durant will be signed as a free agent in 2016 (using TL/Drake's connections)

    Wiggins/Durant/2015 star player and Nash/Vince (one or both as members of the Raptors in some front office capacity) will all be used to hype up the 2016 all-star game/festivities.
    Now if this happened

  19. Like Shredder liked this post
  20. #36
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,662
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    TL is a boss.

    I don't see James coming to Toronto.. not with Bosh not here. If Bosh was here I think the chances are a lot higher (James would I'm sure would want to play with another star player and/or close friend).

    This is how I see things playing out:

    - Vince will be signed as a free agent next season to play backup Wing (take Salmons spot).
    - Nash will be acquired in a trade by the draft (Salmons for Nash and a protected first) to play backup PG.
    - Wiggins will be acquired in a trade by sometime in 2014/2015 (future pick and prospect like Ross or 2014 pick).
    - Star player (like Love) will be acquired as a free agent in 2015 (using TL/Drake's connections).
    - Durant will be signed as a free agent in 2016 (using TL/Drake's connections)

    Wiggins/Durant/2015 star player and Nash/Vince (one or both as members of the Raptors in some front office capacity) will all be used to hype up the 2016 all-star game/festivities.
    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I'd like to have what you're having
    If it is a bong, send it my way.

    If it is a pipe, seek help!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  21. Like e2thed, Shredder, planetmars liked this post
  22. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I still can't believe he had the pull to get LBJ in on a MLSE pitch. Wow.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    I may be mixing up my sports stories but wasn't there something a little while back about Lebron wanting to get an MLSE team for Miami? He knows who to play nice with.

  23. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I may be mixing up my sports stories but wasn't there something a little while back about Lebron wanting to get an MLSE team for Miami? He knows who to play nice with.
    MLS team

  24. #39
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What happens if Defoe's mom reads this article and finds out it was one big setup?

    The truth is these guys and their mom's (and other close ones) get this kind of treatment all the time. What it really all came down to was them coming because they got a shitload of money.

    Let's tell Durant we're renaming the CN Tower to the KD Tower!
    your pal,
    ebrian

  25. #40
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You think she thinks MLSE brought her up there and treated her like a star because of her prestige?

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •