Leiweke the "Headhunter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    I thought the stipulation for an NFL team was that it could not be owned by a corporate entity but had to be owned by one single owner so that the owner could attend their annual owners meeting. Unless the NFL has (or will) change their stance on that, I can't see MLSE owning an NFL team.
    That's where Jon Bon Jovi comes along in a blaze of glory.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      No, it's the same thing. MLSE is owned by corporations which have shareholders. The Packers are owned by a corporation which has shareholders.

They aren't an exception to a rule but they are different from the other teams. That of course means nothing and that matters is that the rules allow a corporation to own a team and the only case of it happens to be the most successful team in league history.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
      http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonvi...-nfl-team.html

One person has to be a controlling partner. They must own at least 30 percent and have a complete say in the business. The NFL doesn’t want an owner to have to confer with his/her partners to make a team decision.
      If Bell (or Rogers) sells their stakes to someone like Tanenbaum then they have a shot.. otherwise I don't see it happening.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        No, it's the same thing. MLSE is owned by corporations which have shareholders. The Packers are owned by a corporation which has shareholders.

They aren't an exception to a rule but they are different from the other teams. That of course means nothing and that matters is that the rules allow a corporation to own a team and the only case of it happens to be the most successful team in league history.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
        I'm no football guy, so don't quote me, but I believe the NFL has changed their stance on this since Greenbay, but allowed GB to grandfather their ownership model.

Comment

Working...
        X