Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Leiweke the "Headhunter"

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If it is a bong, send it my way.

If it is a pipe, seek help!
    You can still smoke the ganj through pipes! But that senario is a pipe dream.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

a

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote johnnyg31 wrote: View Post
    a
    Good point. Would you mind elaborating?

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

a
    mhmmmmmmmmmm B?
    Like a puppy- you mean like a baby dog?

Post Thanks / Like

a
    Disagree. So does SI.com:
    Quote SI.com wrote:
    c
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    The same Stephen A Smith who claimed it was fait accompli last time around for LeBron to Knicks?
    My comment was not meant to be taken completely seriously, although for the record Stephen A. was the guy who broke Lebron and Bosh going to Miami.

Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This brutal winter is going to make free agents think twice about spending winters in Ontario.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    This brutal winter is going to make free agents think twice about spending winters in Ontario.
    Well if that's the case, winter has hit Boston, NYC and Chicago alot harder this year than us, so I they'll be thinking twice about playing in those markets too then right?

I don't think weather plays a factor. I think its the fact that we're not a city in the US and that's the bottom line.

9. Like Puffer, rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If LeBron cared about challenge he wouldn't have spit in the face of his home state in order to stack the deck in Miami.

Toronto needs more than a slick pitch to the best player on earth. Both Miami and Cleveland have something priceless that Toronto does not(past glories and home sentiments).
    Well, LeBron wanted a ring, so that's why he left the Cavs. He went and got 2, and he's well on his way to a 3rd.

When Jordan wanted a challenge, he went and played baseball. LeBron might be feeling a similar itch after winning his 3rd ring. What could be a greater challenge than bringing an NBA championship (or two, or three) to Canada?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, dream on then brother.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote webfeat wrote: View Post
    Well, LeBron wanted a ring, so that's why he left the Cavs. He went and got 2, and he's well on his way to a 3rd.

When Jordan wanted a challenge, he went and played baseball. LeBron might be feeling a similar itch after winning his 3rd ring. What could be a greater challenge than bringing an NBA championship (or two, or three) to Canada?
    Cleveland?

They haven't win a thing since 1964 Cleveland browns.... In anything
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

TL might be able to smooth-talk a middling soccer player, but getting an NBA superstar requires one thing - a very strong opportunity at NBA championships. TL and Masai have to focus on building the franchise into one that could realistically contend. The experiences of Deron and Melo have shown how crappy it is to sign with a team that just doesn't have the juice to compete, even with a "star".

As for the "mystery team" for LeBron (if it exists), Houston seems to be an interesting option - LeBron / Harden / Howard...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    TL might be able to smooth-talk a middling soccer player, but getting an NBA superstar requires one thing - a very strong opportunity at NBA championships. TL and Masai have to focus on building the franchise into one that could realistically contend. The experiences of Deron and Melo have shown how crappy it is to sign with a team that just doesn't have the juice to compete, even with a "star".

As for the "mystery team" for LeBron (if it exists), Houston seems to be an interesting option - LeBron / Harden / Howard...
    Jermain Defoe isn't really a middling soccer player. He could probably have stuck in the PL with some mid-table team if he wanted.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, if stories of our smoozing master's exploits have even the slightest influence on muzzling all the tank talk, I'm already his biggest fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Lebron on this team would go on at least a 3 championship run..
    winning is nice, but not with Bosh's sloppy seconds.

I say go for Durant. He grew up watching Vince, and loving Air Canada.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Think about how smooth this guy is.... Then think about how rob Babcock was our GM

18. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Jermain Defoe isn't really a middling soccer player. He could probably have stuck in the PL with some mid-table team if he wanted.
    It's not about Defoe. I say Michael Bradley will have a bigger impact here; or anywhere for that matter. The point is that this organization is capable of bringing talent to Toronto. It's something new and it's sexy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Oh.

So NOW you all get it.

NOW you all see why some of us don't think its out of the question AT ALL that the Raps make a run at Lebron.

Trust me man, this TL guy, he's a boss. He isn't here to take a paycheque. He see's an opportunity to do something thought impossible, and he is already showing people that it isn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pry'd Zizou out of retirement to play a couple years for TFC too. He thinks big like that.

I used to say Kobe, and this was 5 years back.... Kobe could sign here, instead of LA, and it would become his opportunity to do something exceptional. Only guys like him, and Lebron, Shaq, only these guys are immune to the whole marketing and sponsor thing, because they are world wide icons and will get theirs no matter if its, LA, Miami, Toronto or Yellowknife. What motivates these guys, is finding new ways to appease their ego, and new challenges for them to conquer. its how they are wired.

Having seen and heard what you have over the last month or so, can you now see how a guy Like TL, with Drake, and a full support blessing from Canada's top TWO media conglomerates can make shit happen, and that you can conceivably see a guy like Lebron James say, "you know what, I sign in Toronto, with that young and upcoming team, and we are gonna win a title, they got a tonne of draft picks, and a core, and I can do what NOBODY else could, I could eclipse Vinsanity, I could make Toronto a winner, an dwin the first ever championship off american soil".

Thats a real thing guys. Its a reality, guys think about that stuff. Now, think about this, they tell him he can have Vince as a back up guy, a vet, for the run..... now he's winning it all, in Vince's house, with Vince there to watch. THAT is a whol eother wrinkle and level of psychology.

I love this stuff..... this is my soap opera...hahahah
    It makes sense. It really does. TL has serious clout and pull and connections. If he has a relationship with LBJ close enough where he can ask for a favor like that then I'm certain he can get in his ear about the glory awaiting him in Toronto. Think about it, having an entire country rooting for you. Not to mention the Raps are on the rise, and he would elevate them to contender status. It is quite the pipe dream, but the combo of TL, MU, Drake and national stardom could very well make it a reality. I won't hold my breath for it though. One thing for sure, MU and TL are making some big moved by trade deadline and/or off season.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yogi wrote: View Post
    It makes sense. It really does. TL has serious clout and pull and connections. If he has a relationship with LBJ close enough where he can ask for a favor like that then I'm certain he can get in his ear about the glory awaiting him in Toronto. Think about it, having an entire country rooting for you. Not to mention the Raps are on the rise, and he would elevate them to contender status. It is quite the pipe dream, but the combo of TL, MU, Drake and national stardom could very well make it a reality. I won't hold my breath for it though. One thing for sure, MU and TL are making some big moved by trade deadline and/or off season.
    Getting LBJ to sign with the raptors is a HUGE and I mean HUGE step from getting him to say hi to someone's mom.

And for most americans, canadian stardom is significantly less prestigious than manhattan stardom or LA stardom or pretty much any urban center in the US.

22. Like Charlie Brown, JawsGT liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie DaBlenda's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we trade Drake for LeBron?

24. Like Dr. James Naismith liked this post

Thread Information