Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 51!

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The game was very entertaining. That 3rd quarter where Ross threw down the follow up jam -- then steal & alley oop -- was the highest I've felt watching a Raps game in quite sometime. Then he followed it up with the 3 at the end of the quarter. T Ross had the building in the palm of his hands; I haven't seen the ACC that loud since God knows when. Too bad he ran out of gas because he had 46 midway through the 4th quarter.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it fair to say that this guy is following in same path like Paul George? I'm not saying that he will ever be at his level, but their per 36 numbers are quite closer, but George being a little bit better in each category. Once again... No way he'll be like Paul George but I'm comparing their per 36 numbers.
    Terrence Ross:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l?mobile=false
    Paul George:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...georgpa01.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

dont know if someone already posted it but......

What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

4. Like vino, Nilanka, Scraptor, Letter N, akashsingh liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in terms of how they move on the court, the type of athleticism they have (skinny, fast, long), and their ability to defend makes them very similar players.

I don't know if Ross would ever reach George levels. Only time will tell that

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly he is a SUPER STAR in making in this league. What other player do you know that has scored 50+ point in this league and is not a SUPER STAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I think in terms of how they move on the court, the type of athleticism they have (skinny, fast, long), and their ability to defend makes them very similar players. I don't know if Ross would ever reach George levels. Only time will tell that
    Keyword "time". Let's enjoy watching him grow and get stronger, physically, and IQ wise. The building was unreal last night.

8. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Clearly he is a SUPER STAR in making in this league. What other player do you know that has scored 50+ point in this league and is not a SUPER STAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Brandon jennings
    Others too but too lazy to find out

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

T. Danza.

CAUSE HES THE BOSS

11. Like Nilanka, Letter N, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrence Boss is now his nickname...spread it

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

T Ross the BOSS

Sounds great.

14. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its one game guys.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Its one game guys.
    So what?? Can't come up with a nickname for a guy?

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Just Is wrote: View Post

Thought it was pretty interesting to see his 51 points from the perspective of the LA commentary team.
    I'm sorry but after watching that review, we have a new nickname. Bingo! That was his signature game, it was a signature call. Bingo is his name. O.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross the Boss.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer 3Ross.

But the thing about Ross is. He's a unique player. He's got unique skillset. He's a great 3pt shooter, he's a great dunker, very athletic and he's a great perimeter defender. Best perimeter defender the Raps have had since Doug Christie IMO.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been saying the Terrence Ross-Paul George comparison for a while now and it has never been more apparent and true then now. The most impressive thing about the 51 was his ability to keep scoring in the mid range after they were running him off the 3 point line. We haven't seen much of his mid range game this season but I hope we start to see more going forward. I did a little bit of analysis and compared Ross's current season to PG24's second season in the league. The numbers are fairly similar going across the board but a slight edge for PG24 because of increased minutes. Here is the link:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rgpa01&y2=2012

I think if he is to reach the "Paul George" level than he must do two things:
    1) Learn better defensive sequencing: Paul George is a lock-down defender no doubt about it. Ross is a solid defender but relies a little too much on his athleticism at times. Help defense is a little late, getting around screens is sloppy at times, and denying player tendencies aren't always the greatest. Improving those things will take him to the next level.
    2) Improve ball-handling: He was able to get around Redick and Green easily enough but struggled getting past Crawford and Barnes. Ross is a very explosive guy as we know and taking Redick of the dribble isn't that impressive. He is a good dribbler but does not have enough moves in his arsenal yet to get past the quickest defender. The improved ball handling will open up easier and better mid-range looks and of course the "MONSTA SLAMS (Jack Armstrong voice)"

I think that could be all that will be needed to push him to the next level. Whether he reaches that "Paul George" level is hard to predict but he will still become an all-star and one of the best wings in the league for years to come if he can lock those two things down

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

best player on the raptors

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ross just got paid

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JRedmond14 wrote: View Post
    I have been saying the Terrence Ross-Paul George comparison for a while now and it has never been more apparent and true then now. The most impressive thing about the 51 was his ability to keep scoring in the mid range after they were running him off the 3 point line. We haven't seen much of his mid range game this season but I hope we start to see more going forward. I did a little bit of analysis and compared Ross's current season to PG24's second season in the league. The numbers are fairly similar going across the board but a slight edge for PG24 because of increased minutes. Here is the link:

1) Learn better defensive sequencing: Paul George is a lock-down defender no doubt about it. Ross is a solid defender but relies a little too much on his athleticism at times. Help defense is a little late, getting around screens is sloppy at times, and denying player tendencies aren't always the greatest. Improving those things will take him to the next level.
    2) Improve ball-handling: He was able to get around Redick and Green easily enough but struggled getting past Crawford and Barnes. Ross is a very explosive guy as we know and taking Redick of the dribble isn't that impressive. He is a good dribbler but does not have enough moves in his arsenal yet to get past the quickest defender. The improved ball handling will open up easier and better mid-range looks and of course the "MONSTA SLAMS (Jack Armstrong voice)"

I think that could be all that will be needed to push him to the next level. Whether he reaches that "Paul George" level is hard to predict but he will still become an all-star and one of the best wings in the league for years to come if he can lock those two things down
    Apparently Paul George has a guy who goes everywhere with him so he can work on his handles, I think in order for Ross to go to the next level he needs to work on his handle the most because if he can start blowing by people he would be unstoppable

24. Like JRedmond14, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JRedmond14 wrote: View Post

maybe its because i dont have my rosy coloured glasses on but i'm not seeing the similarities in stats.

per 36, it looks like ross is better at 3 point shooting and thats it. obviously its probably skewed due to the 51 point anamoly game right now as well.

overall PG takes less shots to get the same amount of points, had a better fg%, more offensive rebounds, way more defensive rebounds, twice the amount of blocks, 3 times more assists, and twice the amount of steals.

doesn't look at all similar to me stat-wise.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Jan 27th, 2014 at 06:36 AM.

26. Like Scraptor liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information