Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 51!

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Actually I'm not really sold on Drummond yet....I haven't been since the start of this season.

He will be a guy who will always put up very good numbers...but the success of his team will largely be determined by who he plays with, and isn't likely to make the players around him better, more like the other way around.

I have always thought Ross was a keeper, but had no idea he would ever go above a low 30 game...ever.lol
    They aren't just very good; they're insane. In his second year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice

Post Thanks / Like

Ross is one of those guys though, he has every tool in the book, and if he put it together, he'd be killer.... isn't that what we all hoped for from him?

If he even gains a little from that game, if something turns on in his brain, and he gets to Derozan type numbers.... fuck, what a huge gain for the Birds....

And I gotta say, being a shooter back when I played, I LOVE players with smooth strokes...and when he gets his feet set.... beauty.

4. Like JRedmond14, lilmamba_, MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually pissed at the Clippers for not letting him hit a field goal to make him the franchise leader in single points in a game!!! It was already garbage time and they won already. That's why I would never root for Flop City. They're the Miami Heat of the west, except the Heat won 2 championships.

And they should have given him the ball with the game on the line as he was hot, but Lowry wanted to steal the spotlight and it cost us the game.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicknames have to be either short, fun to say, and/or have a link to the players real name, you basically need 2 of the 3 to have a successful nickname that can be said on air. That's why I don't even see the Slim Reaper nickname really sticking except for rare occasions, people will still just call him KD. So good luck with Rorschack but I don't see it catching on anywhere, it's too clunky of a name and has no relevance to Ross' real name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Nicknames have to be either short, fun to say, and/or have a link to the players real name, you basically need 2 of the 3 to have a successful nickname that can be said on air. That's why I don't even see the Slim Reaper nickname really sticking except for rare occasions, people will still just call him KD. So good luck with Rorschack but I don't see it catching on anywhere, it's too clunky of a name and has no relevance to Ross' real name.
    I also recently read an article (last weak on ESPN I believe) where Durant stated his preference for the "KD" nickname.

Also, with regards to Rorschack, there would also be the slight issue of trademark infringement. I suppose Shaq and now Howard have gone by Superman, but that one still seems a little forced. If you need to explain a nickname, it's not a good nickname.

8. Like OldSkoolCool, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    I was actually pissed at the Clippers for not letting him hit a field goal to make him the franchise leader in single points in a game!!! It was already garbage time and they won already. That's why I would never root for Flop City. They're the Miami Heat of the west, except the Heat won 2 championships.

And they should have given him the ball with the game on the line as he was hot, but Lowry wanted to steal the spotlight and it cost us the game.
    1) Why should they let him get a freebie? He's your competition, and you're going to just get a milestone against you? That's not much of a heart of a champion there.

2) The Clippers threw Barnes at Ross in the 4th to shut him down and the drive wasn't getting Ross the points, the shots were. If you're going to be angry be angry at the team not running off-the-ball screens for Ross so that he could try and get open for 3's at the end. They tried to play like the first 3 quarters where Clippers were coming off of Ross to give help D but in the later part of the 4th the Clippers just kept a guy on Ross and Raptors never had a backup plan. Also I don't think we ever got a stop when we needed it.

Post Thanks / Like

meh, clips hit everything down the stretch...fair loss

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    1) Why should they let him get a freebie? He's your competition, and you're going to just get a milestone against you? That's not much of a heart of a champion there.

2) The Clippers threw Barnes at Ross in the 4th to shut him down and the drive wasn't getting Ross the points, the shots were. If you're going to be angry be angry at the team not running off-the-ball screens for Ross so that he could try and get open for 3's at the end. They tried to play like the first 3 quarters where Clippers were coming off of Ross to give help D but in the later part of the 4th the Clippers just kept a guy on Ross and Raptors never had a backup plan. Also I don't think we ever got a stop when we needed it.
    Heart of a champion? How is that displaying having a heart of a champion? I wasn't hoping for them to be like Sam Mitchell telling Mo Pete and Jalen not to double team Kobe so he could score 81. And they already have a track record for being "poor sports" in the end games, last year the incident between Butler and Jonas.

I do agree with you that they had no plan B when Ross was guarded. Derozan's absence is a key factor to that too. Best game I've seen from Blake though, I'd give them that.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

T-Ross gives the 51-Point ball to his mom!

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/01...to-his-mother/

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phiLLy wrote: View Post
    T-Ross gives the 51-Point ball to his mom!

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/01...to-his-mother/
    awww she looks so proud
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    awww she looks so proud
    Shit, i'm proud of T-Ross, and I don't even know him.

51-Points in an NBA game man, that's something special. Even if it was a fluke or whatever, you managed to score 51 Points against soem of the best players in the world.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I see Ross as more of a young Ray Allen. Very similar.
    Well, Ray Allen was a true combo guard. He was extremely smart first of all, able to make right decisions in a split of a second on the move, something that I don't think Ross has. Then skills -- very good handle, passing, ability to get to the rim and draw fouls. And of course just a great great shooter. Quicker release than Ross, able to pull up from anywhere, quick step back 3s, contested shots.

I think we are rushing with these big comparisons for Ross (Paul George, Ray Allen).
    Ross has a 3pt shot, a decent handle and an ability to take a few dribbles and pull up. But Raja Bell had those skills as well.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Jan 28th, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Haven't been so excited watching a game in years. It gave me chills.

I don't know if he'll ever eclipse 50 (much less 40) again but I'm so proud of Ross. After all the shit he took from people, especially here, about being a terrible pick I'm glad he's showing what he can do.

He's only going to get better and better.
    That was such a great game I did not feel upset at losing. They kept with the high flying Clippers and TR gave me flashbacks to VC.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    LOL, FG% is about as technical as I can get or I'd have to stop being lazy and change my name to hardcore. I thought Ross played a pretty complete game (offensively) going inside and out and points aside just thought the way he scored was just more dynamic that DD's performance. I was just actually asking if there was any analysis done on the thread or any other about the two performances. Sort of a head to head comparison.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Heart of a champion? How is that displaying having a heart of a champion? I wasn't hoping for them to be like Sam Mitchell telling Mo Pete and Jalen not to double team Kobe so he could score 81. And they already have a track record for being "poor sports" in the end games, last year the incident between Butler and Jonas.

I do agree with you that they had no plan B when Ross was guarded. Derozan's absence is a key factor to that too. Best game I've seen from Blake though, I'd give them that.
    Blake is having a great season. Inconsistent, he had a few stretches where he couldn't hit shots for weeks. But when he's hitting them, he has a strong case that he's the best big man in the league.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    LOL, FG% is about as technical as I can get or I'd have to stop being lazy and change my name to hardcore.
    hyuk hyuk hyuk

Thread Information