No announcement yet.

Injury Updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After shootaround today, Casey said that Hansbrough should be ready to go today, but its not official yet. Would be a big help if he put in some minutes tonight.

Comment

At least Tyler made the trip. Earlier this month, he did not even travel with the team. I can only guess that low air pressure on a plane would make the injury more painful.

I would be surprised to see DeRozan tonight. You need to give the ankle a little rest and a lot of ice.

By the way, is there no game thread up yet?

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
        At least Tyler made the trip. Earlier this month, he did not even travel with the team. I can only guess that low air pressure on a plane would make the injury more painful.

I would be surprised to see DeRozan tonight. You need to give the ankle a little rest and a lot of ice.

By the way, is there no game thread up yet?
        He stayed back in Toronto... How could he have a chance to play?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
          He stayed back in Toronto... How could he have a chance to play?
          Are you at the game? Sorry if I was misinformed. Saturday will mark one month since he sustained the bone bruise/sprained ankle.
          Last edited by caccia; Mon Jan 27, 2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
            Are you at the game? Sorry if I was misinformed. Saturday will mark one month since he sustained the bone bruise/strained ankle.
            I think he meant DeRozan.

Comment

Casey said Psycho T is playing
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                Casey said Psycho T is playing
                OK, thanks. They really need him tonight, even for a few minutes! A lot is at stake for a mid-season game. And I've never cared for Garnett.

Comment

I think guys are kinda acting like sprained ankles are small injuries lately. Guy rols his ankle, and people think he can come back after a day or two. A bad ankle sprain, is nice words for torn ligaments and tendons, an injury like that can take months if its bad enough.... first it heals, then, they have to get it back to elite strength.... and THEN they can come back.

I'm sure some of you guys have had a Grade 2 or Grade 3 sprain before right??? Brutal.

most the Grade ones are easy to come back from... little rolls, tweaks.... but when a guy goes down hard..... bad news

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    I think guys are kinda acting like sprained ankles are small injuries lately. Guy rols his ankle, and people think he can come back after a day or two. A bad ankle sprain, is nice words for torn ligaments and tendons, an injury like that can take months if its bad enough.... first it heals, then, they have to get it back to elite strength.... and THEN they can come back.

I'm sure some of you guys have had a Grade 2 or Grade 3 sprain before right??? Brutal.

most the Grade ones are easy to come back from... little rolls, tweaks.... but when a guy goes down hard..... bad news
                    Craig is absolutely right. Even grade one isn't a joke. I needed 3.5 weeks to get back to normal.

-------

Comment

I was looking back at video of Demar's 40 point night and this injury he got looks like it was bound to happen. In that video almost every jump shot Demar took he could have easily fell on someone's foot or fall on his ankle funny. The amount of times he actually gets fouled taking jump shots is kind of crazy. People are either always hitting him on the hand or going up under hit when he's ready to land. For someone who can't shoot that well it's shocking how much people get up on his when he does shoot.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

that means DeRozan's ankle responded well to low cabin pressure. good news

EDIT: or they're still in Toronto?
                        Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I dont know if its true but i read somewhere that 2pat will have to wear the mask for the rest of the season. can anyone confirm this?

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
                            I dont know if its true but i read somewhere that 2pat will have to wear the mask for the rest of the season. can anyone confirm this?
                            Saw this too, believe it was RaptorsPR who tweeted it but could be wrong

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
                              Or not wear the mask if the Nets game was any indication lol
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                                Or not wear the mask if the Nets game was any indication lol
                                the reason why he was allowed to take it off was because he was having surgery on it the next day, so if the nose got damaged anymore, he would still have surgery on it the next day. He said all of this in an interview following the nets game. Now that he already had procedures on it, he will be forced to where the mask.

Comment

Working...
                                X