No announcement yet.

Marc Stein thinks Lowry is still being moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also Jeremy Lin has a ridiculous contract and knowing Masai he doesn't want over paid players on his team
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      That trade sucks for the raptors, and i think houston doesn't even do it because how do they take KL back...

He left out charges, but also rebounds. Lowry is one of the raptors best rebounders. The number of times I see him down there fighting for them, or even stripping them from taller guys who brought the ball down a little low. Lowry seriously does everything on the court.
      McHale & Morey genuflect to KL and say something like "we knew you were good...but not that good...you are our starter now".

Comment

• Not sure if this has already been posted, but according to an interview with the Nets media, Lowry said he wants to remain a raptor: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...d933fb9bec154c

Comment

• p3t3ypablo wrote: View Post
          Not sure if this has already been posted, but according to an interview with the Nets media, Lowry said he wants to remain a raptor: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...d933fb9bec154c
          Good news but what do you expect him to say?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Actually it's the first time I've seen anything public mentioned by him where he has indicated he would like to come back. Even if it's the smart thing to say.. Bosh was never that clear.

Comment

• p3t3ypablo wrote: View Post
              Not sure if this has already been posted, but according to an interview with the Nets media, Lowry said he wants to remain a raptor: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...d933fb9bec154c
              Thanks for linking.

Comment

• It's tough to gauge where the 2 parties stand but I'm sure Masai knows something via Lowry's agent on what Lowry is looking for in terms of priorities in free agency (contender? rough figures? length of contract?). It has been reported that Masai has been upfront with Lowry; win & we see what this team can do [or] lose & we start planning for future. I would assume that Lowry's camp is upfront as well with regards to his demands.

The way I see it though, there's really not much demand for Lowry on the trade market & we have seen Masai resign players only to flip them after. As much as Lowry is an UFA this off-season, the Raptors have a bit of leverage in negotiations, especially if Lowry doesn't make the All-Star team.

Only they know what's really happening in agent to GM conversations, but logic suggests that Lowry's perceived value in the market is lower than his impact on our team.

One thing to note is IF the Raps have set their site on a notable free agent (assumption is at the end of 2015), resigning Lowry may impede that, especially since you have to consider DeMar's contract & its long term implications.

My guess is Masai has a figure that he sees fair value for Lowry (based on his asking price) & Lowry might think he's worth more. We saw what this new CBA has done to "coveted trade assets" like Millsap, Big Al, J Smoove, etc. The demand in free agency is not as evident as what their camps might have thought coming into FA.

It's interesting to follow but I know we have a CBA expert in the FO - so you can bet the Raps know what they will face this summer.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Actually it's the first time I've seen anything public mentioned by him where he has indicated he would like to come back. Even if it's the smart thing to say.. Bosh was never that clear.
                  That's cause Bosh was already in cahoots with his Miami friends.

:P
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Lol, I say trade Lowry + Hayes and 2 future 2nd rounders for Justin Bieber and a rack of Spaldings.

Now I know, I know what you're thinking. They play different positions and trading different position players is unconventional. But talent-wise it is a straight up match and Justin Bieber could really help this team be hated. Best of all he is Canadian! (sorry for reminding you ...)

Actually never mind the picks, he ain't worth them.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      They usually say something along the lines of: "I care about this team right now, that's all that matters. I love the city and I'll worry about that when the time comes".

So if he really did say that, it at least means he's actually wanting to stay IMO. Whether he changes his mind or not, I have no idea

Comment

• I agree that it's unlikely that Houston takes Lowry. However, if we think Lowry is leaving, Lin is a very solid replacement - they play much the same game except that Lin is more of a pick-n-roll guy where Lowry favors drive-and-kick. He's barely a downgrade.

Something like this might work:

Toronto gets: Jeremy Lin, Gary Neal, Houston's 2014 first
                        Houston gets: Brandon Knight, Ersan Ilyasova, Steve Novak, Iman Shumpert
                        New York gets: Omer Asik, Kyle Lowry, O.J. Mayo, Zaza Pachulia
                        Milwaukee gets: Amar'e Stoudemire, Dwight Buycks, Isaiah Canaan, New York's 2014 and 2015 seconds (via Houston), New York's 2017 second (via Toronto), New York's 2018 and 2019 seconds, Toronto's 2016 first, New York's 2018 and 2020 firsts

Houston turns Lin and Asik, who they want to move, into a young PG with upside (and since they can start Patrick Beverley quite capably Knight becomes their backup, which he's more suited to be), the stretch four they need (Ersan is having a bad year so far but he's much better than he is playing right now, and a trade off the Bucks should do him wonders), a defensive SG with scoring potential in Shump who needs a change of scenery and a dedicated three-baller who will fit into their system. Toronto turns Lowry into Lin and Novak into Neal, which is a sidegrade at PG and an upgrade at "backup shooter guy." New York finally manages to shed Amar'e's contract, which they desperately need to do, and they spend all the picks they can spend in order to do so, but they turn him into Lowry, Mayo and Asik, and those three probably make New York into a contender for the 5-6 seed. Milwaukee gets rid of Neal (not happy), Mayo (not bad, but overpaid), Zaza (overpaid and out for the year) and gets a butt-ton of picks, a couple of young prospects who need playing time in Buycks and Canaan, and next year Amar'e contract becomes $20m in expiring money so it'll be an asset then.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          I agree that it's unlikely that Houston takes Lowry. However, if we think Lowry is leaving, Lin is a very solid replacement - they play much the same game except that Lin is more of a pick-n-roll guy where Lowry favors drive-and-kick. He's barely a downgrade.

Something like this might work:

Toronto gets: Jeremy Lin, Gary Neal, Houston's 2014 first
                          Houston gets: Brandon Knight, Ersan Ilyasova, Steve Novak, Iman Shumpert
                          New York gets: Omer Asik, Kyle Lowry, O.J. Mayo, Zaza Pachulia
                          Milwaukee gets: Amar'e Stoudemire, Dwight Buycks, Isaiah Canaan, New York's 2014 and 2015 seconds (via Houston), New York's 2017 second (via Toronto), New York's 2018 and 2019 seconds, Toronto's 2016 first, New York's 2018 and 2020 firsts

Houston turns Lin and Asik, who they want to move, into a young PG with upside (and since they can start Patrick Beverley quite capably Knight becomes their backup, which he's more suited to be), the stretch four they need (Ersan is having a bad year so far but he's much better than he is playing right now, and a trade off the Bucks should do him wonders), a defensive SG with scoring potential in Shump who needs a change of scenery and a dedicated three-baller who will fit into their system. Toronto turns Lowry into Lin and Novak into Neal, which is a sidegrade at PG and an upgrade at "backup shooter guy." New York finally manages to shed Amar'e's contract, which they desperately need to do, and they spend all the picks they can spend in order to do so, but they turn him into Lowry, Mayo and Asik, and those three probably make New York into a contender for the 5-6 seed. Milwaukee gets rid of Neal (not happy), Mayo (not bad, but overpaid), Zaza (overpaid and out for the year) and gets a butt-ton of picks, a couple of young prospects who need playing time in Buycks and Canaan, and next year Amar'e contract becomes $20m in expiring money so it'll be an asset then.
                          So Toronto gets a solid backup PG and SG and a late 1st rounder for Lowry and a whole bunch of picks? ... not sure about that one. They need a solid backup center.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            I agree that it's unlikely that Houston takes Lowry. However, if we think Lowry is leaving, Lin is a very solid replacement - they play much the same game except that Lin is more of a pick-n-roll guy where Lowry favors drive-and-kick. He's barely a downgrade.
                            Really?

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                              Really?
                              Two players:

Player 1, per game numbers: 32.3 minutes, .441 FG%, .340 3P%, .789 FT%, 3.4 rebounds, 6.8 assists, 1.8 steals, 15.5 points.
                              Player 2, per game numbers: 36.3 minutes, .433 FG%, .400 3P%, .789 FT%, 4.3 rebounds, 7.5 assists, 1.6 steals, 16.4 points.

Player 2 is Kyle Lowry this year (in, what needs to be said over and over again, is a contract year). Player 1 is Jeremy Lin last year, before James Harden decided that Lin was taking up all his points (Lin`s numbers are down a bit this year, but part of that has to be the fact that he and Harden have definite problems and Harden is the star). And remember that Lin is two years younger than Lowry is, and if you compare their seasons by age (e.g. compare Lin at 25 to Lowry at 25) their statlines are practically identical.

Comment

• What a terribly written article leading up to a terrible trade.

Masai is not going to trade Lowry just to trade him, and he is definitely not going to trade him for a terrible contract and a 2nd rounder.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X