The hug heard around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hug heard around the world

Alright so i'm reading a ton of tweets, a few from raptors republic too, that suggest because Lowry and the warlord MU hugged there's no way he's getting traded. They hugged dammit!

What does everyone think about it?

Personally i think it's crazy.

I see two men who respect each other immensely and embraced after a epic win over a team they really needed to beat. From what we learned about with the sit down meeting between MU and the rest of the higher ups with Lowry and then that Lowry's still on the block i think it's fair to say these two guys are very straight with each other and as such, have respect for each other.

Anyways, that's my thoughts on the most infamous hug in Toronto Raptor history.
    Last edited by ceez; Tue Jan 28, 2014, 02:04 PM.
    @sweatpantsjer

At the very least, it's a good sign that they get along and are close enough to do that.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yeah, a hug in no way, shape, or form confirms whether Lowry is staying or going.

Comment

I would be shocked if either side has said more than "We'd like to keep you but we need to see what the trade market for you is," and "I'd like to stay but I need to see what the free agency market for me is."

Comment

lol, naw we should place much more stock on Stein's attention grabbing tweet that "Lowry's still on the block"

Comment

I think you pretty much nail it in the original post. Regardless of what happens, Ujiri and Lowry seem to have found a mutual respect and have been communicating honestly with one another throughout the process.

Where it all goes, I'm not sure, but I think it's more likely that the Raptors either a) get confirmation from Lowry that he may not be coming back and make the necessary decision with a trade or b) have Lowry and his agent help the team get something back in sign and trade next summer.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
              I think you pretty much nail it in the original post. Regardless of what happens, Ujiri and Lowry seem to have found a mutual respect and have been communicating honestly with one another throughout the process.

Where it all goes, I'm not sure, but I think it's more likely that the Raptors either a) get confirmation from Lowry that he may not be coming back and make the necessary decision with a trade or b) have Lowry and his agent help the team get something back in sign and trade next summer.
              or c) resign Lowry to a multi-year deal in the offseason

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                or c) resign Lowry to a multi-year deal in the offseason
                Yep, I should have mentioned that their relationship could lead to a re-signed Lowry coming at a discount as well.

Comment

Just a hug. Nothing to read into. I can't believe people are reading into it at all. Think the OP is right on here and this is pretty much all there is to it.

ceez wrote: View Post
                  I see two men who respect each other immensely and embraced after a epic win over a team they really needed to beat.
                  Don't think it has any impact whatsoever on the team's decision on Lowry. I mean, if they had lost by one, Masai was in the tunnel and said/did nothing as Kyle walked back to the locker room, would everyone be like "oh man, he must be getting traded because Masai is giving him the cold shoulder"? Such nonsense. All it shows is that Masai likely has good relationships with his players, which can't be bad.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                    Yep, I should have mentioned that their relationship could lead to a re-signed Lowry coming at a discount as well.
                    mmmmmmmmmm...discount, fingers crossed!

Comment

Saying Lowry is on the block is probably true. But I'm pretty sure you could say the same for every player on the team. Seeing as they aren't contenders and are far from it, it would be foolish to take anyone off the block. What's important is value is assigned to each player and if there are teams willing to pay the price. There MIGHT be 10 players in the league who aren't on the block.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Just a hug. Nothing to read into. I can't believe people are reading into it at all. Think the OP is right on here and this is pretty much all there is to it.

Don't think it has any impact whatsoever on the team's decision on Lowry. I mean, if they had lost by one, Masai was in the tunnel and said/did nothing as Kyle walked back to the locker room, would everyone be like "oh man, he must be getting traded because Masai is giving him the cold shoulder"? Such nonsense. All it shows is that Masai likely has good relationships with his players, which can't be bad.
                          Of course it has no "impact", but it's far more a sign that these two are on the same page of creating a winning culture, than a sign that he's turned down overtures of staying, as has been speculated here, and that he's being shopped around, as has been "confirmed" here by a baseless "sense around the league" tweet from an on-line media attention seeker.

There's so much reading into speculation and crystal ball gazing by the naysayers here, that its' alright if some express their positive impressions of something we all see with our eyes, n'est ce pas?
                          Last edited by salmon; Tue Jan 28, 2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

They were saying their last goodbyes before he is traded... you know it's good courtesy.

Comment

salmon wrote: View Post
                              Of course it has no "impact", but it's far more a sign that these two are on the same page of creating a winning culture, than a sign that he's turned down overtures of staying, as has been speculated here, and that he's being shopped around, as has been "confirmed" here by a baseless "sense around the league" tweet from an on-line media attention seeker.
                              I think neither of these are any indication about what will happen with Lowry. As a result, we're pretty much back to where we were before, which is: Raptors have all-star caliber performances from a 28yr old PG on a contract year.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X