Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning After Vs. 76ers

Philadelphia 114, Toronto 101
    Even the return of All-Star Chris Bosh(notes) couldn’t help the Toronto Raptors.

Thaddeus Young(notes) scored a career-high 32 points, Jrue Holiday(notes) had 21 and the Philadelphia 76ers beat the Raptors 114-101 on Sunday to snap a five-game losing streak.

“Today was just a great day,” Young said. “My teammates were looking for me and they put me in different positions.”
    “They were more focused than we were,” Bosh said.
    “I felt pretty good,” Bosh said. “It’s going to take some time. I’ve still got to get my legs under me. Once I get my legs and my strength back, I think I’ll be fine.”
    “We weren’t very good,” Triano said.
    Yahoo! Sports

Antoine Wright, kind of the voice of reason, was lamenting the lack of assistance the Raptors were – or weren’t -- giving each other:
    “That’s not the type of defence that wins basketball games. We have Andrea out there on a quicker smaller guy, we have to help him and vice-versa. We can’t lose these games by one guy having a matchup problem; we have to make adjustments and we all have to help him.”

And that was the biggest issue I saw yesterday afternoon.
    Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog

That was a tough game to swallow.

I thought the bigger lineup for us was going to be an advantage yesterday, but the Sixers transition game ate us apart with their smaller more athletic guys beating up and down the court.

If we can come home 2-2 out West then I'd consider that an optimistic outcome.

Comment

Was at the game. Disgusting, just disgusting smh.

No energy, no hustle, no sense of urgency, ugh.

Like you said Doc, transition game absolutely killed us. Dino's gotta take better care of the ball, especially against quick, athletic teams.

Comment

Working...
      X