Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 141 to 155 of 155

Thread: How Can We Upgrade This Offseason?

  1. #141
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the only piston i want is KCP

    edit: or Drummond i guess
    @jerboat

  2. #142
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    the only piston i want is KCP

    edit: or Drummond i guess
    Lol Kaldwell Pope? he's fucking horrible. No thank you

  3. #143
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Queq'part
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is there any possibility that we get Luol Deng this summer? Would this be a good idea? Would it be possible to get Deng while bringing back Amir, Lowry, Vasquez and Patterson? Thank you

  4. #144
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Is there any possibility that we get Luol Deng this summer? Would this be a good idea? Would it be possible to get Deng while bringing back Amir, Lowry, Vasquez and Patterson? Thank you
    Doesn't look like he will stay in Cleveland given how he sees the franchise and the leniency it has with it's younger players, so I'm sure there is a possibility.

  5. #145
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Lol Kaldwell Pope? he's fucking horrible. No thank you
    How can you tell? He doesn't even get to touch the ball on offense. That team is a mess.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  6. #146
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Doesn't look like he will stay in Cleveland given how he sees the franchise and the leniency it has with it's younger players, so I'm sure there is a possibility.
    If we get Deng, we likely have to let one or both of Vasquez and Patterson walk. People much more knowledgeable than me have posted a bunch of salary breakdowns, and it really isn't looking like the Raptors have much space to play with this year. Maybe the MLE, but I see Deng going for at least 8 mill/year, and we can't afford that.

  7. #147
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    If we get Deng, we likely have to let one or both of Vasquez and Patterson walk. People much more knowledgeable than me have posted a bunch of salary breakdowns, and it really isn't looking like the Raptors have much space to play with this year. Maybe the MLE, but I see Deng going for at least 8 mill/year, and we can't afford that.
    I'm not that high on Deng myself, I'd rather roll with Ross at this point and see how he develops. And I do like Vasquez and Patterson, so there's that too.

  8. #148
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Deng's going to command at least $10M per season.. Raptors will have cap space if they renounce Lowry and let him walk and they waive someone like Salmons. Otherwise it has to be a S&T and Deng would want to come here for that to to happen.

    I really like him.. class act and would have a connection with MU I'm sure. Just not sure what kind of assets we'd have to give up in a S&T. I don't see Cleveland taking someone like Fields and Hayes for him (for example). Plus I'm sure he'd want to start, and that would mean moving Ross to the bench which I'm not a big fan of (as that hurts his development).

  9. #149
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    969
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Deng's going to command at least $10M per season.. Raptors will have cap space if they renounce Lowry and let him walk and they waive someone like Salmons. Otherwise it has to be a S&T and Deng would want to come here for that to to happen.

    I really like him.. class act and would have a connection with MU I'm sure. Just not sure what kind of assets we'd have to give up in a S&T. I don't see Cleveland taking someone like Fields and Hayes for him (for example). Plus I'm sure he'd want to start, and that would mean moving Ross to the bench which I'm not a big fan of (as that hurts his development).
    They might take that bag of goodies (fields/Hayes) cause their management sucks.

    Also, Ross might be a great way we can get better this offseason. If he puts in Demar/Chris bosh contract year work ethic, he could be a (borderline?) all star (someday?)
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  10. #150
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Lol Kaldwell Pope? he's fucking horrible. No thank you
    what are you talking about? He's an excellent defender and crazy efficient shooter. Have you even seen him play or are you basing this on him not making the rising stars game?
    @jerboat

  11. Like BobLoblaw liked this post
  12. #151
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I'm not that high on Deng myself, I'd rather roll with Ross at this point and see how he develops. And I do like Vasquez and Patterson, so there's that too.
    I don't mind DD/Ross at the 2/3. The 3 is a bit undersized, but on most nights it doesn't matter. Ross can already guard PG pretty well, for example. The only concern is LeBron, imho. A role playing wing with some size who you just bring out as a defensive match up specialist would be fine with me. Ideally you'd have a guy just like Salmons, only a little bigger.

  13. #152
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't mind DD/Ross at the 2/3. The 3 is a bit undersized, but on most nights it doesn't matter. Ross can already guard PG pretty well, for example. The only concern is LeBron, imho. A role playing wing with some size who you just bring out as a defensive match up specialist would be fine with me. Ideally you'd have a guy just like Salmons, only a little bigger.
    haha, Fields? Maybe not eh. I'm satisfied with our 2/3 as well. I would really like to see Ross guarding the top SF's in the playoffs before I reserve judgement on his ability to compete. I think his athleticism and quickness can be just as much as an advantage defensively as a guy with more size. If we get to the second round, we'll find out either way, and it should really expose any glaring holes the Raps have in their game and where upgrades would be most needed.

  14. Like S.R. liked this post
  15. #153
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ancaster, Ont (Via Serbia)
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think Deng ends up in LA, personally.

    Remember when Kobe was nearly dealt to the Bulls? A big part of that never happening was Deng was going back to Lakers in package and Kobe wanted Deng. I think that mutual respect has lasted through the years.

    100% pure speculation on my part.
    Unfortunately you are probably correct (unfortunately, because I would love to see Deng in Raps uni).
    Is Okafor finished? Could we get 12-18 mins out of him at 3-6 mil?

  16. #154
    Raptors Republic Starter TSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We really can only make some moves to improve the bench (personally, i'd like to have a good offensive spark plug for when demar/lowry aren't on and someone needs to keep the offence humming), or trade for a young stud or star. We can't just sign Kevin Martin or Calderon or someone decent to start- we're pretty good at every position, either with an above average starter or a good, high-potential youngster. Is there really anyone on this team you'd send to the bench for a decent starter off the FA market? Especially factoring in the overpay that would inevitably happen.

  17. #155
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like Lu but he has a LOT of mileage on him. Probably 26,000 minutes by season's end (including playoffs) and turning 29 soon. By way of comparison, Lowry is a year younger and might have roughly 15,000 minutes at season's end. One might argue that that speaks to Deng's durability and Lowry's lack thereof, but I think Deng's pretty risky dude to commit to given how hard Thibs worked him.

    I'd prefer to offer a smaller contract to a super glue guy like Thabo Sefolosha and save our powder dry for a true low-post scorer or a legit franchise guy should one become available.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •