Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

despite all the DD chatter, it should really go to lowry

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I fear that this kind of thinking might not bode well for DeRozan (or at least for both DeRozan and Lowry making the cut): http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...l-breakthrough
      No way Afflalo should make it over DeRozan

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I fear that this kind of thinking might not bode well for DeRozan (or at least for both DeRozan and Lowry making the cut): http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...l-breakthrough
        It's too bad the Magic are awful. American media hasn't had as much to say about Afflalo compared to DeRozan/Lowry due to team success.

Anyways, I say DeRozan is a lock because of all the love he gets from the media not only in the US, but even here (aside from RR, lol), but we very well could see Lowry & DeRozan in the game - both are deserving anyways.

I'd go out on a limb and say Lowry and DeRozan are much more deserving of the nods over Afflalo, J. Johnson, and maybe even Noah (again, considering team success).
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          despite all the DD chatter, it should really go to lowry
          This x1000000. All the American media and fans and even Toronto fans who don't watch the games just click on the points per game stat and go "oh Derozan forsure"

Us here should all know Lowry is the true MVP and thus the far more deserving all star.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Plus Frank Vogel is pretty astute and he had front row seats to the Kyle Lowry show earlier this month
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              This x1000000. All the American media and fans and even Toronto fans who don't watch the games just click on the points per game stat and go "oh Derozan forsure"

Us here should all know Lowry is the true MVP and thus the far more deserving all star.
              I love DeRozan, but if someone doesn't make it of the Raptors, it should be DeRozan, with all due respect to him. Drop DeRozan, and this team might be a 9th, 8th seed team, but you drop Lowry, and the tank (sadly) is on.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                No way Afflalo should make it over DeRozan
                I agree.

Team wins have to mean something if it always has before. DeRozan is the 2nd best player on the 3rd best team in the conference.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I agree.

Team wins have to mean something if it always has before. DeRozan is the 2nd best player on the 3rd best team in the conference.
                  I agree wholeheartedly, but didn't Bosh make it on a sub-par Raptors squad?
                  #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                    Bosh was a clear favourite at his position back then

Comment

JRedmond14 wrote: View Post
                      Bosh was a clear favourite at his position back then
                      Bosh was voted in most years as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How does the coach voting even work? Anyone know??
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                          Bosh was arguably the best PF in the East at the time though, & posted 24-10 on the season.

Comment

Sekou Smith wants Derozan to make it:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...all-star-pick/

"Sekou Smith, NBA.com: I’d love to see Toronto’s DeMar DeRozan on the team for so many different reasons. Mostly because I feel like he’s put together a body of work this season that clearly shows he’s earned it, but for one reason in particular — player evolution. So many times coaches run their jibbers about wanting a young player to keep his head down and just improve each and every aspect of his game, while also working for the greater good. They want young players to evolve. And so often a guy does that and never sees the reward in the way of an All-Star bid because the fans pick five of the guys and then the coaches feel obligated to hand out All-Star nods to veterans based on their reputation or status. The window for so many of these guys to make an All-Star team is tiny. So it would be nice to see everything line up for a guy like DeRozan, who has gone about his business in a way that coaches swear they love, turning himself into something much more than just the athletic, rim finisher he was branded as earlier in his career"

Funny how nobody picked Lowry. Maybe he's a lock?

Comment

Lowry
                              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

DeRozan.

Comment

Working...
                                X