Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Watching this Knicks cavs game....it boggles my mind that the cavs have had that many top draft picks.
    That reinforces to me that stockpiling draft picks does not guarantee you anything.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Just have to know what everyone thinks. If Lowry wasn't on the Raptors and was playing equally as well, would he have made the All-Star team? My guess is yes! I hope Joe Johnson gets benched the whole game and get no playing time!
      Maybe, I think it's more due to his supposed attitude issues with coaches in the past though and got snubbed for that.
      Either way, very disappointed the raptors best player by a landslide didn't make it. Oh well, I haven't watched the allstar game for like 4 years, dunno why I care He just deserved the recognition so much.

Comment

• NBA players to make the All-Star Game whilst averaging under 16 PPG, under 4 RPG, under 3 APG and under 45% shooting:

Joe Johnson.

That's it. That's the list. (Just looked it up on bballreference.)
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Watching the Cavs right now and all I can say is THEIR A JOKE!
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• reactions.....(even though we got enough here) good to know we share the same sorta mixed feeling
            Michael
            January 30, 2014 at 7:27 pm
            Can’t believe Lowry was left out!!
            Mike
            January 30, 2014 at 7:29 pm
            No Lowry ? What a joke. The NBA shoots itself in the foot again. Brutal!!
            nu
            January 30, 2014 at 7:33 pm
            Kyle Lowry is the biggest snub this year. Not only he’s better than his teammate DeRozan, but he’s arguably the best PG in the East. He’s the reason why Raptors are 3rd. What a joke he got no respect from the TNT crew.
            Damn, no Lowry? I like DeRozan but I think Lowry deserved to be considered an Eastern allstar For Sure. I think Lowry deserved it more than Noah and John Wall as well.
            Raptor4Life
            Congratulations to DeMar DeRozen !
            Effort, hard work, and team-first attitude gets rewarded by the coaches (the fan popularity contest aside).
            I feel badly for Kyle, but the Raptors just don’t get any love….
            Rondo
            January 30, 2014 at 7:53 pm
            SUCH A LETDOWN FOR KYLE LOWRY NOT GETTING THE NOD OVER JOE JOHNSON! ATLEAST FRANK VOGEL WAS SMART REALIZING THAT DEMAR IS A WAY BETTER PLAYER THAN LANCE STEPHENSEN.
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
              Maybe, I think it's more due to his supposed attitude issues with coaches in the past though and got snubbed for that.
              Either way, very disappointed the raptors best player by a landslide didn't make it. Oh well, I haven't watched the allstar game for like 4 years, dunno why I care He just deserved the recognition so much.
              Supposed attitude plays a factor? Really? For an all-star game? Firstly, it only happened twice. A big one with McKale and a small one with Casey (which was last year). Secondly, past attitude history shouldn't reflect current attitude.

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                Watching the Cavs right now and all I can say is THEIR A JOKE!
                Which is why I say, Irving doesn't deserve his starting position let alone being an all-star! Just goes to show that NBA fans are a joke!

Comment

• derozans highlight reel for the all star reserves

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/al...nba/index.html

Comment

• Frankly, I can understand why they didn't choose Lowry. Only two players made it from the Pacers, George and Hibbert, so I guess they didn't feel like the Raptors deserve two all-stars as well given our record compared to the Pacers' record. Also, although I do feel like Demar and Kyle both deserve to be an all-star, a case can be made that Kyle deserves it more, but just be happy one of our players made it. Don't fight over that. What we should be fighting over is why in the hell Johnson gets in over better candidates like Afflalo and Stevenson!

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      It isn't a matter of performance, it's a matter of marketing value.
                      So you're saying we should be able to keep him on the cheap now, because it's not a matter of performance. I have my doubts that our own GM values him any less now than a couple of hours ago, but if you think it will make a big difference elsewhere, that would be marvelous!

I've seen even very recent talk of trading Kyle, due greatly to fear of losing him for nothing. So with the "all-star marketing" concept in mind, what teams do you think will compete for Kyle this summer, and pay how many extra millions for Kyle, due to his marketing over performance?

Comment

Supposed attitude plays a factor? Really? For an all-star game? Firstly, it only happened twice. A big one with McKale and a small one with Casey (which was last year). Secondly, past attitude history shouldn't reflect current attitude.
                        Hey, I never said it should be a factor. I'm pretty sure it is with him. Or it could be a combination of the two :P

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• It still happened though. I agree with you though that Lowry's on court accomplishments this year are all that should be looked at. Not just for Lowry, but for all players. (that means you Joe Johnson).
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Frankly, I can understand why they didn't choose Lowry. Only two players made it from the Pacers, George and Hibbert, so I guess they didn't feel like the Raptors deserve two all-stars as well given our record compared to the Pacers' record. Also, although I do feel like Demar and Kyle both deserve to be an all-star, a case can be made that Kyle deserves it more, but just be happy one of our players made it. Don't fight over that. What we should be fighting over is why in the hell Johnson gets in over better candidates like Afflalo and Stevenson!
                            Yeah but at the same time Stephenson/Hill/West are all roughly equally important to the Pacers success, it's not like they have a clear cut big 3 to vote in.

Comment

I suspect it does affect the voting. Did Kevin McHale vote for Lowry? I somehow doubt it. That's one vote right there.

Honestly, I've no idea why you think that this is a Toronto thing. DeRozan made the All Star game. He plays in Toronto.

Comment

• What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X