View Poll Results: Which Raptors player(s) will be selected as All-Star reserves?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • DeRozan

    9 15.25%
  • Lowry

    18 30.51%
  • DeRozan AND Lowry

    32 54.24%
  • None/Other

    0 0%
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 457

Thread: All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

  1. #421
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry could be considered for the All-NBA team.

    Those votes are done by sportswriters/broadcasters and should be less political. Lowry in my subjective opinion is one of the 15 best guys in the league right now.

    I've got James, Durant, George, Paul, Hibbert, Parker, Griffin, Bosh, Curry, Aldridge, Harden, Howard, and Lillard as locks on that list.. and with Love, Nowitzki, Duncan, Carmelo, Wall, Dragic, Millsap and Lowry all 'competing' for the final two spots.

    Lowry could have the advantage by playing for a 3rd ranked team in the East though. He could also get sympathy votes for not making it into the all-star game.

  2. #422
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wouldn't that be interesting. Making the all-NBA team without an all-star selection.

    Wonder how many times that's happened.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #423
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't that be interesting. Making the all-NBA team without an all-star selection.

    Wonder how many times that's happened.
    Marc Gasol did it last year.

    Gasol actually was all over the board last year, no All-Star selection, 2nd-Team All NBA, 2nd-Team All Defensive, Defensive Player of the Year.

  4. Like Nilanka liked this post
  5. #424
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Marc Gasol did it last year.

    Gasol actually was all over the board last year, no All-Star selection, 2nd-Team All NBA, 2nd-Team All Defensive, Defensive Player of the Year.
    That's kind of messed up within itself. He's identified as the best defensive player in the league, but is somehow only good enough for the 2nd team all defense.

    People are dumb.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  6. Like consmap, Just Is, .40 Cal Flakes liked this post
  7. #425
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man everytime someone brings up Demar's name half the people on RR attack him, I'm not saying that he doesn't have flaws because no player is flawless! Just be happy that someone we drafted is now an NBA All star!

  8. Like TRex liked this post
  9. #426
    Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Myself, I was specifically referring to the TNT guys, not coaches.

    As for the coaches themselves, who knows what they're thinking. From what I understand, there aren't enough hours on the day for them to do their real jobs, so it wouldnt surprise if they give this little to no thought. Or just pawn it off to an assistant.
    Found a very good theory on how the coaches got Joe Johnson in.






  10. Like JimiCliff liked this post
  11. #427
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Man everytime someone brings up Demar's name half the people on RR attack him, I'm not saying that he doesn't have flaws because no player is flawless! Just be happy that someone we drafted is now an NBA All star!
    I don't get it either. I mean, DeMar is no Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade. But he's a hell of a player.

    People wanting to trade him for draft picks(mid 1st round) is a JOKE. You already have an all star player who is only 24 yrs old and you want to move him for draft picks and hope that player becomes an all-star? You already have one! If we can get Wiggins sure, but no chance of that happening.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  12. Like Dino4life liked this post
  13. #428
    Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Just Is wrote: View Post
    Found a very good theory on how the coaches got Joe Johnson in.





    If the coaches voting is guided by any kind of logic, this is the best possible explanation, or that the voting was done after 10 pints of ale.

  14. #429
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    That's kind of messed up within itself. He's identified as the best defensive player in the league, but is somehow only good enough for the 2nd team all defense.

    People are dumb.
    Actually, he was only no.4 among all centers in all-defense votes last year. But for some reason NBA decided to call Larry Sanders a PF and leave him off the team.

    I guess the NBA decided it would be too embarrassing to have the DPOY miss all-defense teams altogether.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jan 31st, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

  15. #430
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    If I could thank this post 1000x over I would. I find it a bit ridiculous and sad that some Raptors "fans" continue to knock on DeRo even as he is being selected to the All Star team. For fucks sake can we not cut out the criticisms for one day. This is a time to celebrate one of our own making the AS team. Some of y'all acting like DD doesn't deserve it or that AS selections come around every year for Raptors players. Don't take it for granted my dudes. We all know his weaknesses but methinks this is not the time to rehash that discussion for the millionth time. This is good times man, enjoy.
    I would recommend checking when the congratulations ended and when the criticism began.

    It had nothing to do with his accomplishment or recognition but instead a poster calling out a group of other posters.

    Funny enough a huge "fan" of DeRozan was the one who derailed the celebration to rehash the discussion for the millionth time.


    ......and for the record: way to go demar, I never thought you'd do it!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  16. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  17. #431
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I don't get it either. I mean, DeMar is no Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade. But he's a hell of a player.

    People wanting to trade him for draft picks(mid 1st round) is a JOKE. You already have an all star player who is only 24 yrs old and you want to move him for draft picks and hope that player becomes an all-star? You already have one! If we can get Wiggins sure, but no chance of that happening.
    Exactly Demar isn't going to be a HOF'er! He's only 24 and getting better each year! I'm not saying he an amazing player but at least he's a hard worker and isn't a cancer to the locker room

  18. #432
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sweet. One post and you're hater.

    @Scraptor - Great post. I'm sorry, you're right, DeMar has improved defensively.

    I'm not an advanced stats guy, I only check raw stats, so in my eyes DeMar isn't improved because he still makes same stupid mistakes defensively from last year. Scraptor proved me wrong, thank you sir. It doesn't change a lot tho, DeMar is average defender at best. It's just my opinion and there's no need to hate.
    -------

    Just to be clear, I'm very happy for DeMar. I never pooped on him, never send any hate towards him. He deserves this all star spot 100%.

    This is a discussion forum, everyone has a right to express their opinion at any time. There's no need to write posts like ' I'm so tired that people can't catch a break bla bla bla ... '
    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 31st, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

  19. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  20. #433
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I would recommend checking when the congratulations ended and when the criticism began.

    It had nothing to do with his accomplishment or recognition but instead a poster calling out a group of other posters.

    Funny enough a huge "fan" of DeRozan was the one who derailed the celebration to rehash the discussion for the millionth time.


    ......and for the record: way to go demar, I never thought you'd do it!
    Yea I'm well aware how this thread got derailed thanks. I'm not trying to single you or anyone else out. My point is it would be nice as fans, as a RR community to celebrate DeRo's accomplishment without going back to the same old tired discussions about his strengths/weaknesses. It would be nice if we could leave that behind at least for a while. How about at least until after the ASG y'all?

    Go DeRo, go Raps!

  21. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  22. #434
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,706
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I'm not an advanced stats guy, I only check raw stats, so in my eyes DeMar isn't improved because he still makes same stupid mistakes defensively from last year. Scraptor proved me wrong, thank you sir. It doesn't change a lot tho, DeMar is average defender at best. It's just my opinion and there's no need to hate.
    So you are presented evidence to disprove your opinion, and that doesn't change anything for you?
    My brother debates like that ... very frustrating.

    Quote rocwell wrote:
    This is a discussion forum, everyone has a right to express their opinion at any time. There's no need to write posts like ' I'm so tired that people can't catch a break bla bla bla ... '
    I assume this is a shot at me, so I counter with the point you juust made... "But that's just my opinion... can I not express it at any time?"
    In Masai we Trust.

  23. #435
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    So you are presented evidence to disprove your opinion, and that doesn't change anything for you?
    My brother debates like that ... very frustrating.



    I assume this is a shot at me, so I counter with the point you juust made... "But that's just my opinion... can I not express it at any time?"
    What's so frustrating? I said that Scraptor proved me wrong. DeMar's defense is improved.

  24. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    So you are presented evidence to disprove your opinion, and that doesn't change anything for you?
    My brother debates like that ... very frustrating.
    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    What's so frustrating? I said that Scraptor proved me wrong. DeMar's defense is improved.
    Said you were proven wrong, then immediately followed up with:
    "It doesn't change a lot tho, DeMar is average defender at best.", when the proof you were given stated quite differently. That's what joey was referring to as frustrating, I believe.

    Personally, I find a lot of criticisms of him frustrating, as he as made significant strides across the board this year, yet same old narratives being stuck to all the time. I could see that happening with other team's fans who rarely see him, but his own team's fans showing such little appreciation for his game? Even now, some simply see his all star selection as raising his trade value. I sometimes wonder what fucked up parallel universe is this happening?
    Last edited by salmon; Fri Jan 31st, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

  25. #437
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote salmon wrote: View Post
    Said you were proven wrong, then immediately followed up with:
    "It doesn't change a lot tho, DeMar is average defender at best.", when the proof you were given stated quite differently. That's what joey was referring to as frustrating, I believe.
    Scraptor post proved me wrong about his massive improvement from '11, but it doesn't change a thing that DEMAR IS AVERAGE DEFENDER AT BEST.

    I'm out.
    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 31st, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

  26. #438
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,706
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Scraptor post proved me wrong about his massive improvement from '11, but it doesn't change a thing that DEMAR IS AVERAGE DEFENDER AT BEST.

    I'm out.
    In your opinion.

    Later man!
    In Masai we Trust.

  27. #439
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Just Is wrote: View Post
    Found a very good theory on how the coaches got Joe Johnson in.





    This actually makes perfect sense.

  28. #440
    Raptors Republic Starter Sam17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brampton, ON
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    This actually makes perfect sense.
    I think the nba should just choose the full all star rosters privately. No more fan or coach voting


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •