Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As other people have said, lowry should definitely make it but i think derozan will be the only one who does.

Comment

The raptor fan in my, accustomed to loss, would tend to say "nobody". But, if you look at the top 15 scorers in the NBA, all are likely going (except Cousins and even he may go). Although "top 10" may be a likely cut off (demar at 11) there are still people below him going (though I'm not sure the same could be said for Mr Gay at #17).
      The Lowry thing is a bit tougher. The heart wants him to go and have 40% of our starting lineup in the game. The head says that when it comes to negotiating at the end of the year, "all star" will be like a 10% tax or it might peak the interest of some other team that never watched Toronto play. It's just competition we don't need. Add the fact that the coaches votes went in closer to our boston-charlotte-LA stretch and not our philly/clippers/nets/magic stretch and that may make a difference

Comment

What a great debate to be having. Who would have guessed Ujiri would trade the two highest paid Colangelo players and have two remaining guys become legitimate All-Star candidates in 2014?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          How does the coach voting even work? Anyone know??
          They each pick their entire Reserve roster, then they are weighted against one another to see who makes it.
          This is only a guess, but likely an accurate one.

Comment

You guys ever see this?

HILARIOUS. Dwight's alright when he's not a douche.

Comment

Really telling that the only place where Lowry get's more votes than Derozan is on Raptorsrepublic. tsn.ca/nba has 67% of the vote going to Derozan as more deserving. What that tells me is you have to actually WATCH the games to understand..
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Really telling that the only place where Lowry get's more votes than Derozan is on Raptorsrepublic. tsn.ca/nba has 67% of the vote going to Derozan as more deserving. What that tells me is you have to actually WATCH the games to understand..
                The Vegas odds say otherwise (as shown during last night's telecast). Lowry is more deserving.

Have you ever read the comments on the TSN basketball articles? They're mostly puckheads. Not really knowledgeable ball fans at all.

Comment

I still say they are both equally deserving. No sense pitting them against one another.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I still say they are both equally deserving. No sense pitting them against one another.
                    Disagree. Leaving Lowry out would be a travesty. He's one of the best PGs in the league right now and deserved to start.

DD is a borderline all star.

At least that's how they're playing. We'll see how important name recognition is.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      This is the internet

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        This is the internet

Hah .. that actually made me LOL. Well played.

Comment

Both are in, surprising. Good stuff!
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Both are in, surprising. Good stuff!
                            Did you write this from the future?

Comment

Here's the writeup on NBA.com .

"In the Eastern Conference, after Hibbert of the Pacers, Chris Bosh of the Heat, Joakim Noah of the Bulls, Paul Millsap of the Hawks and John Wall of the Wizards, the questions swirl around the two wild card slots. DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry, Lance Stephenson, Arron Afflalo and Joe Johnson are top candidates."

If that's actually the case then I don't like their odds of both making it in.

Comment

At the time of this post, there's 56% of those who voted that believe in Kyle + Demar will be called in as reserves. Safe to assume that the same 56% believe in unicorns, but I digress. I voted for Kyle.

Having said that, I prefer that Kyle not make it for the following reasons:

1. Angry (chip on my shoulder) Kyle = Good Kyle Lowry for the rest of the season + playoffs.
                                2. Cheaper on the new contract negotiations. All Star nod may add a mil or two per year. That could be costly.
                                3. Trading an all-star a week later doesn't look good on the franchise optically (now + in the near future when attracting free agents).
                                4. If Demar makes it, he is easier to move (in the off-season) given his All-Star status and the suddenly "bargain" contract that he's on.
                                5. Angry Lowry = Good Lowry
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X