Game #45: Orlando Magic 83 - Toronto Raptors 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    So DD is inefficient so let's give it his shots to a more inefficient player like Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Demar Derozan 2013-14 True Shooting %: 51.7

Terrence Ross 2013-14 True Shooting %: 54.4

Obviously Ross has a long way to go, and yes, I know DD is the focus of the opponents defense, etc., but i don't think DD handles double teams very well, and I don't think he benefits the team as much as someone who plays elite defense with more length and better spot up shooting at the 3 could.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

So DD is inefficient so let's give it his shots to a more inefficient player like Ross

Ross shoots and makes 3's. That right there means he could make 2 less shots a game on the same attempts and it would be the same end result as double dee
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Ross shoots and makes 3's. That right there means he could make 2 less shots a game on the same attempts and it would be the same end result as double dee
        Ross shoots and makes 3's only. His FG% is lower than his 3pt %

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Ok when the shoots aren't falling. Who gets to the free throw line?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Ok when the shoots aren't falling. Who gets to the free throw line?

Just look at the TS%. Derozan may be a better basketball player, but he doesn't shoot more efficiently.
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• DeMar haters wow you really think hes that bad? DeMar shots not falling makes passes/gets to the line and has shown real leadership this season. Ross had an amazing night where he seemingly couldnt miss has been his usual self since.Cant we just have em both and look at the big picture these guys compliment each other extremely well. Be happy for your GM he has 2 pieces to build around dynamic wings its a hard part to find.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                DeMar haters wow you really think hes that bad? DeMar shots not falling makes passes/gets to the line and has shown real leadership this season. Ross had an amazing night where he seemingly couldnt miss has been his usual self since.Cant we just have em both and look at the big picture these guys compliment each other extremely well. Be happy for your GM he has 2 pieces to build around dynamic wings its a hard part to find.
                DD isn't a leader on the team from everything I've heard. There was talk earlier about it being Lowry and Amir, but it seems like Lowry's taken over the role as team captain.

I am looking at the big picture. I'm curious to see more of how the raptors perform without DD. Things seem to be moving pretty smoothly so far.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  DD isn't a leader on the team from everything I've heard. There was talk earlier about it being Lowry and Amir, but it seems like Lowry's taken over the role as team captain.

I am looking at the big picture. I'm curious to see more of how the raptors perform without DD. Things seem to be moving pretty smoothly so far.
                  We played Brooklyn and Orlando....... and where did you hear that about DeMar? he and Lowry are team Captains. Guy goes down team wins without him against weak opposition and simply forget everything hes done, Fans are so silly....

Comment

DeMar haters wow you really think hes that bad? DeMar shots not falling makes passes/gets to the line and has shown real leadership this season. Ross had an amazing night where he seemingly couldnt miss has been his usual self since.Cant we just have em both and look at the big picture these guys compliment each other extremely well. Be happy for your GM he has 2 pieces to build around dynamic wings its a hard part to find.
                    Frankly, I disagree with the idea that they compliment each other very well, because they're both natural shooting guards. Ideally you'd pair both of them with a bigger wing.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Amen! DD is about 4 hours away from potential being named an All-Star. I think it's night to start giving him respect.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

We played Brooklyn and Orlando....... and where did you hear that about DeMar? he and Lowry are team Captains. Guy goes down team wins without him against weak opposition and simply forget everything hes done, Fans are so silly....
                        I can't remember where I read that, but whatever. I think it was in an interview in mid-december. Whoever it was said that Lowry and Amir had really stepped up as leaders.

I'm not forgetting anything. There've been many debates about the Demar's efficiency problems.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Amen! DD is about 4 hours away from potential being named an All-Star. I think it's night to start giving him respect.

Amen, AMEN!!

Unbelievable. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete.
                          We have 2 All Stars? Shit, let's trade the all-star PG, because we don't trust management to keep him. Forget about the other one, because he's a non factor. Should tell every coach in the league that, because they all gear their defense toward stopping him. But, but, look how well we did in last 2 games,,,,, lol

It's almost as insane as what I saw earlier in this thread. Never read through a game thread before but it's hilarious. After a few minutes, some were talking of taking a bag of chips for Amir. Yeah, the same Amir that wound up with 22/11, with 3 ASTs, 2 STLs. hahahahaha

We may be closer to a #1 than I thought! At least #1 in a Letterman Top 10 list of wacky fans.

Comment

The fact that DD accounts for roughly 20% (16% if cap were set at $60M) of the team's total salary cap has to factor into the analysis. Personally, I'd much rather keep Ross as the starting SG, with a true SF playing alongside him (likely starting next season).
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I can't remember where I read that, but whatever. I think it was in an interview in mid-december. Whoever it was said that Lowry and Amir had really stepped up as leaders.

I'm not forgetting anything. There've been many debates about the Demar's efficiency problems.
                              Perhaps you should forget about silly debates. What do they prove? Should Houston unload Harden too? This year, his numbers, across the board, are near identical to DeMar's. Ugh, people need to pay attention to a lot more than number crunching to support a misguided narrative, imo.

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
                                Perhaps you should forget about silly debates. What do they prove? Should Houston unload Harden too? This year, his numbers, across the board, are near identical to DeMar's. Ugh, people need to pay attention to a lot more than number crunching to support a misguided narrative, imo.
                                Haha yeah, and a 4 year old's finger painting is nearly identical to Picasso. Giveyaheadashake brotha, Harden is way more efficient and causes a million times more headaches. Have you ever watched a Rockets game LOL.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X