Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 386

Thread: Game #45: Orlando Magic 83 - Toronto Raptors 98

  1. #341
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    How about neither? Afflalo got shut down by a second year player. We are winning without DD's inefficient hero ball antics.
    So true.

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    We've beat two bad teams. Let's not get a head of ourselves.
    BKN has been on fire.

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Yes and we barely won. I'm just stating the fact that this team is not better with out DD.
    No, we definitely are NOT BETTER without DD. However, we are NOT WORSE either. DD is a non factor player, been thinking this for a while and saying it for the past week and a half.

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    No, I'm saying we don't know either way. And of course, most likely we're a better team with DeMar. But, you used the word 'fact' - we can't accept anything as fact without evidence.
    I really don't think we are too far from this proclamation being fact. I would say if DD is out a total of 10 games, we will be able to look at a limited scope and put a pretty good label on his impact level.

    Personally DD is a non-factor player.

  2. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  3. #342
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    No, we definitely are NOT BETTER without DD. However, we are NOT WORSE either. DD is a non factor player, been thinking this for a while and saying it for the past week and a half.

    I really don't think we are too far from this proclamation being fact. I would say if DD is out a total of 10 games, we will be able to look at a limited scope and put a pretty good label on his impact level.

    Personally DD is a non-factor player.
    I agree with you on DD.

    One important thing to remember is that we will probably play slightly worse through this stretch of games because our wing position is SO shallow. The only guys we have right now are GV in part time duty, Ross, Salmons and Novak.

    The question isn't whether we will play worse without DD, but whether adding a decent, cheaper wing like Al Farouq Aminu would make us a better team for less money.

  4. Like OldSkoolCool, mcHAPPY, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  5. #343
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man, DD misses one game and some of you are ready to give his minutes away already.

  6. Like isaacthompson liked this post
  7. #344
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Man, DD misses one game and some of you are ready to give his minutes away already.
    Eh, haha. Except for early on in the season when he was showing signs of having turned a corner to being very efficient, I've always kind of thought DD is a net wash.

    On the other hand, he could carry a second unit comprised of defensive specialists to an average offense, which I think is where his true value lies.

  8. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  9. #345
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So DD is inefficient so let's give it his shots to a more inefficient player like Ross


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  10. #346
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    So DD is inefficient so let's give it his shots to a more inefficient player like Ross


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Demar Derozan 2013-14 True Shooting %: 51.7

    Terrence Ross 2013-14 True Shooting %: 54.4

    Obviously Ross has a long way to go, and yes, I know DD is the focus of the opponents defense, etc., but i don't think DD handles double teams very well, and I don't think he benefits the team as much as someone who plays elite defense with more length and better spot up shooting at the 3 could.

  11. #347
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    So DD is inefficient so let's give it his shots to a more inefficient player like Ross


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ross shoots and makes 3's. That right there means he could make 2 less shots a game on the same attempts and it would be the same end result as double dee
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

  12. #348
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Ross shoots and makes 3's. That right there means he could make 2 less shots a game on the same attempts and it would be the same end result as double dee
    Ross shoots and makes 3's only. His FG% is lower than his 3pt %

  13. #349
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Ross shoots and makes 3's. That right there means he could make 2 less shots a game on the same attempts and it would be the same end result as double dee
    Ok when the shoots aren't falling. Who gets to the free throw line?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  14. #350
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Ok when the shoots aren't falling. Who gets to the free throw line?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just look at the TS%. Derozan may be a better basketball player, but he doesn't shoot more efficiently.

  15. #351
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeMar haters wow you really think hes that bad? DeMar shots not falling makes passes/gets to the line and has shown real leadership this season. Ross had an amazing night where he seemingly couldnt miss has been his usual self since.Cant we just have em both and look at the big picture these guys compliment each other extremely well. Be happy for your GM he has 2 pieces to build around dynamic wings its a hard part to find.

  16. #352
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeMar haters wow you really think hes that bad? DeMar shots not falling makes passes/gets to the line and has shown real leadership this season. Ross had an amazing night where he seemingly couldnt miss has been his usual self since.Cant we just have em both and look at the big picture these guys compliment each other extremely well. Be happy for your GM he has 2 pieces to build around dynamic wings its a hard part to find.
    DD isn't a leader on the team from everything I've heard. There was talk earlier about it being Lowry and Amir, but it seems like Lowry's taken over the role as team captain.

    I am looking at the big picture. I'm curious to see more of how the raptors perform without DD. Things seem to be moving pretty smoothly so far.

  17. #353
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    DD isn't a leader on the team from everything I've heard. There was talk earlier about it being Lowry and Amir, but it seems like Lowry's taken over the role as team captain.

    I am looking at the big picture. I'm curious to see more of how the raptors perform without DD. Things seem to be moving pretty smoothly so far.
    We played Brooklyn and Orlando....... and where did you hear that about DeMar? he and Lowry are team Captains. Guy goes down team wins without him against weak opposition and simply forget everything hes done, Fans are so silly....

  18. #354
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeMar haters wow you really think hes that bad? DeMar shots not falling makes passes/gets to the line and has shown real leadership this season. Ross had an amazing night where he seemingly couldnt miss has been his usual self since.Cant we just have em both and look at the big picture these guys compliment each other extremely well. Be happy for your GM he has 2 pieces to build around dynamic wings its a hard part to find.
    Frankly, I disagree with the idea that they compliment each other very well, because they're both natural shooting guards. Ideally you'd pair both of them with a bigger wing.

  19. #355
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeMar haters wow you really think hes that bad? DeMar shots not falling makes passes/gets to the line and has shown real leadership this season. Ross had an amazing night where he seemingly couldnt miss has been his usual self since.Cant we just have em both and look at the big picture these guys compliment each other extremely well. Be happy for your GM he has 2 pieces to build around dynamic wings its a hard part to find.
    Amen! DD is about 4 hours away from potential being named an All-Star. I think it's night to start giving him respect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  20. #356
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    We played Brooklyn and Orlando....... and where did you hear that about DeMar? he and Lowry are team Captains. Guy goes down team wins without him against weak opposition and simply forget everything hes done, Fans are so silly....
    I can't remember where I read that, but whatever. I think it was in an interview in mid-december. Whoever it was said that Lowry and Amir had really stepped up as leaders.

    I'm not forgetting anything. There've been many debates about the Demar's efficiency problems.

  21. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    We played Brooklyn and Orlando....... and where did you hear that about DeMar? he and Lowry are team Captains. Guy goes down team wins without him against weak opposition and simply forget everything hes done, Fans are so silly....
    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Amen! DD is about 4 hours away from potential being named an All-Star. I think it's night to start giving him respect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amen, AMEN!!

    Unbelievable. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete. Let's tank because we need all-stars to compete.
    We have 2 All Stars? Shit, let's trade the all-star PG, because we don't trust management to keep him. Forget about the other one, because he's a non factor. Should tell every coach in the league that, because they all gear their defense toward stopping him. But, but, look how well we did in last 2 games,,,,, lol

    It's almost as insane as what I saw earlier in this thread. Never read through a game thread before but it's hilarious. After a few minutes, some were talking of taking a bag of chips for Amir. Yeah, the same Amir that wound up with 22/11, with 3 ASTs, 2 STLs. hahahahaha

    We may be closer to a #1 than I thought! At least #1 in a Letterman Top 10 list of wacky fans.

  22. Like TRex liked this post
  23. #358
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    DD isn't a leader on the team from everything I've heard. There was talk earlier about it being Lowry and Amir, but it seems like Lowry's taken over the role as team captain.

    I am looking at the big picture. I'm curious to see more of how the raptors perform without DD. Things seem to be moving pretty smoothly so far.
    The fact that DD accounts for roughly 20% (16% if cap were set at $60M) of the team's total salary cap has to factor into the analysis. Personally, I'd much rather keep Ross as the starting SG, with a true SF playing alongside him (likely starting next season).
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 30th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

  24. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I can't remember where I read that, but whatever. I think it was in an interview in mid-december. Whoever it was said that Lowry and Amir had really stepped up as leaders.

    I'm not forgetting anything. There've been many debates about the Demar's efficiency problems.
    Perhaps you should forget about silly debates. What do they prove? Should Houston unload Harden too? This year, his numbers, across the board, are near identical to DeMar's. Ugh, people need to pay attention to a lot more than number crunching to support a misguided narrative, imo.

  25. #360
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote salmon wrote: View Post
    Perhaps you should forget about silly debates. What do they prove? Should Houston unload Harden too? This year, his numbers, across the board, are near identical to DeMar's. Ugh, people need to pay attention to a lot more than number crunching to support a misguided narrative, imo.
    Haha yeah, and a 4 year old's finger painting is nearly identical to Picasso. Giveyaheadashake brotha, Harden is way more efficient and causes a million times more headaches. Have you ever watched a Rockets game LOL.
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •