Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Greivis Vasquez, or Jose Calderon?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greivis Vasquez, or Jose Calderon?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...140129-3128478

Man, I don't know about you, but it's hard for me not to like Greivis Vasquez.

Well spoken, obviously team first, and wants to learn and stay a Raptor.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

calderon. i'd take a dependable 3 point shot than an ugly ass floater any day.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    calderon. i'd take a dependable 3 point shot than an ugly ass floater any day.
    Honestly the ugliest thing i've ever seen.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vasquez is Calderon without a jump shot !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Vasquez is Calderon without a jump shot !
    Because they both speak Spanish? Because they're both white?

Jose's game and Vasquez's game are nothing alike. Nothing.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Because they both speak Spanish? Because they're both white?

Jose's game and Vasquez's game are nothing alike. Nothing.
    They were supposed to be though. The white/spanish speaking thing, of course. But also they're supposed to be pass first point guards who can run the floor and excel in the pick and roll but can't guard other players 1 on 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a serious question? Calderon in a HEARTBEAT.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorsForever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon. He used to be so consistent taking those jumpshots off of screens. Vasquez is a streaky shooter which can be a problem. One thing that vasquez has to work on though are his floaters, man those are ugly. But other than that, they are very similar players.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is that was the one thing people from Sacramento said he did well. They said he was almost automatic with the floater. It's funny how since he's come here it's become non existent.

Post Thanks / Like

Calderon...and that's not a slight to GV.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon and that 07-08 Assist to Turnover Ratio. Although Greivis' numbers are down across the board and I don't think he has shown us his true game yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we all give GV a little to hard of a time. He makes some bone headed mistakes that Jose never would but Jose was just on another level when it came to running a team. Most point guards aren't that good. For a backup point guard GV is pretty good. He's also been playing better of late. You can see he is finally starting to feel better from that surgery he had in the offseason.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JC is the better player, but I'd rather have GV for a couple of reasons. Most importantly GV is cheaper. $4M cheaper. Also GV is a true backup and would not create any kind of PG controversy. When was the last time the Raptors did not have a PG controversy? Seems like its been forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    JC is the better player, but I'd rather have GV for a couple of reasons. Most importantly GV is cheaper. $4M cheaper. Also GV is a true backup and would not create any kind of PG controversy. When was the last time the Raptors did not have a PG controversy? Seems like its been forever.
    This is true. Also from the eye test he's a slightly better defender than Jose. I think him being 6'6 helps him a bit. He's able to recover decently well when he gets beat at times because his length disrupts the other teams point guard.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorsForever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say that Greivis is showing that he really wants to be a part of the team. You can tell he's putting in a full effort game in and game out, and everytime you watch his post game interviews, he is so excited to talk about his team. Man is so humble. I love it!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

GV has much larger balls than Calderon. Isnt afraid to make things happen on his own Calderon passes too much and is reluctant to shoot on his own despite have a beautiful shot.

I like gutsy players and GV is one of em.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    GV has much larger balls than Calderon. Isnt afraid to make things happen on his own Calderon passes too much and is reluctant to shoot on his own despite have a beautiful shot.

So do I. That's why I always liked Kyle over Jose when everyone was feeling Jose. We got accustomed to Jose but I always said Jose was WAY too passive on our team. And he couldn't get to the basket like Kyle and just change the game the way Kyle can. And let's not talk about defense lol. Kyle was more like the new age point guards and I just knew in time he would be successful. Jose is still good and I love him as a person and appreciate what he did for us but I'm so glad we picked Kyle over Jose.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Greivis Vasquez, or Jose Calderon?

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

Having balls is useless when you constantly hoist them almost entirely over the backboard.

Lowry is gutsy in a good way. Vasquez is gutsy in a fumbling, desperate, embarrassing way.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Having balls is useless when you constantly hoist them almost entirely over the backboard.

Lowry is gutsy in a good way. Vasquez is gutsy in a fumbling, desperate, embarrassing way.
    hmm debatable, Vasquez makes some extremely nice dishes to our bigs who are just too clumsy to catch the pass. Vasquez also doesnt mind being a back up need I remind you how Calderon sank the team when he came off the bench? guy forgot how to play... like he was sabotaging us.

Calderon was a turnover machine when he came off the bench. Vasquez floater hasnt been dropping lately which is a shame in New Orleans that thing was automatic.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the two can be compared at least at the moment. Jose is a much superior PG.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Thread Information