No announcement yet.

Greivis Vasquez, or Jose Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jose is the better player but Vasquez is key to our team for a number of reasons.

- Size to guard the 2 spot (certain match ups)
    - Legit back up PG (no controversy)
    - Pushes it up the court better than Jose

I actually like the 2 PG line up with Lowry & Vasquez. On offense, Lowry plays off the ball more looking to attack. On defense, Vasquez can cover the wing (less talented wing of course) because he has the size to do so. I think his defense is actually underrated.

He does commit some boneheaded decisions that make you want to cringe, but I think it's a love-hate thing. Vasquez has this certain command with the ball & we are fortunate to have him as a back up.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Calderon is the better player pretty comfortably. But yeh the price of Calderon is a lot higher. Starting to like the fit of Vasquez as a backup though, his size allows him to play with Lowry on occasion. I'd be a much bigger fan if he didn't take those awful shots in the paint. That floater has to go, one of the worst shots i've seen.

Comment

Because I'm biased I'll choose Jose.

I'm not completely sold on Vasquez yet because of his inconsistency and the numerous mistakes he makes on the court. If he were to settle down a bit on offense I'd like him more, right now when he plays it feels out of control.
        Jose provides that steady hand that helps the offense run smoothly but his style of play is passive. Vasquez is aggressive, but instead of being a steady hand he feels like a hand suffering from extreme tremors.
        OG is our king

Comment

Greivis Vasquez, or Jose Calderon?

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          GV has much larger balls than Calderon. Isnt afraid to make things happen on his own Calderon passes too much and is reluctant to shoot on his own despite have a beautiful shot.

I like gutsy players and GV is one of em.
          Having balls is useless when you constantly hoist them almost entirely over the backboard.

Lowry is gutsy in a good way. Vasquez is gutsy in a fumbling, desperate, embarrassing way.

Comment

Jose would be the perfect backup for Kyle this season. Offense wouldn't lose a beat, and the rest of the team plays defense well enough to hide Ocho's deficiencies. But if we're talking contract in the mix, then I'll go with Vasquez. I like his tenacity, and I know he can perform much better than he is.

Comment

WOW! Hahahaha, everyone took the title the wrong way!

I made a question posing how similar their personalities are, not who would you take!! :/
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Vasquez still making those nonchalant passes that inexplicably get intercepted? Just checking. Jose all the way.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

I made a question posing how similar their personalities are, not who would you take!! :/
                  In that case, yah I'm glad he loves being here and has no issue expressing it! Just wish he gets a little more consistent and stops attempting floaters.

Comment

You've started a war!!!

But I guess they are kinda similar in terms of personality.
                    OG is our king

Comment

Vasquez is solid, and I think he is only going to get better with this team. Very much like Jose as well, which is a good thing! I hope we pick up his option.

Comment

If the comparison is in a vacuum, then it's Calderon without hesitation.

But in terms of fit with this current roster, I can't see how anyone could choose Calderon. Lowry is our alpha dog. Calderon being too good for permanent backup duties, and not good enough for permanent starter duties, had a tendency to neuter Lowry (unintentionally of course).

Comment

Comment

We're guilty of assuming you were talking basketball....not psychology

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              Having balls is useless when you constantly hoist them almost entirely over the backboard.

Lowry is gutsy in a good way. Vasquez is gutsy in a fumbling, desperate, embarrassing way.
                              hmm debatable, Vasquez makes some extremely nice dishes to our bigs who are just too clumsy to catch the pass. Vasquez also doesnt mind being a back up need I remind you how Calderon sank the team when he came off the bench? guy forgot how to play... like he was sabotaging us.

Calderon was a turnover machine when he came off the bench. Vasquez floater hasnt been dropping lately which is a shame in New Orleans that thing was automatic.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                                Vasquez is Calderon without a jump shot !
                                Because they both speak Spanish? Because they're both white?

Jose's game and Vasquez's game are nothing alike. Nothing.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X