Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Veteran mentors

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Do you, or anyone else for that matter, know how much ball JV is planning on playing this summer? I understand that he played a lot of ball last summer. Just trying to build on your point about improving his offence, because I am concerned that if he plays a significant amount of time playing this summer, he may not get the practice time necessary to expand his low post game.
    I would expect he's planning on playing for Lithuania at the worlds, which probably means a couple weeks of camp, a couple warm up games, and anywhere from 5 and 9 tournament games. On the other hand, I think it's safe to say that he won't be going to summer league this year (his dominance last year would suggest there's little he can gain there), so he can use that time to practice. The FIBA Worlds is late in the summer - late August to mid September, so after our season is over, he's got a good window to rest up and then hit the gym for a couple months before training with the national team.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Lithuanian team should be just as invested as the Raptors in improving his post game. So I'm sure he'll get plenty of reps practicing with them. Jonas is a workaholic. I'm more concerned about him getting some solid foundational instruction in things, so he can do the right reps all summer.

Raptors Republic Rookie 92TillInfinity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    I'm not down with any of those guys lol
    KryptoNate interests me, purely for his intensity off the bench. I just don't see him as a fit with this unit.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    I'm not down with any of those guys lol
    I couldn't think of any other "old man" point guards who would never be mistaken for a starter.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I couldn't think of any other "old man" point guards who would never be mistaken for a starter.
    derek fisher lol but he's taken.

Post Thanks / Like

Vince would be great I saw this segment on Nba Tv where he was working with Oj myo and Jae Crowder last season seems like a GREAT locker room guy
    #BringBackUzoh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    Vince would be great I saw this segment on Nba Tv where he was working with Oj myo and Jae Crowder last season seems like a GREAT locker room guy
    I would absolutely love to get Vince back.
    Can't think of a better choice.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The raptors or Lithuania national team need to add sabonis. No better vet for JVal!

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    That's ironic
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking it might be nice to poach Kaman from the Lakers. Good veteran, bit of a scorer

Post Thanks / Like

@jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I was just thinking it might be nice to poach Kaman from the Lakers. Good veteran, bit of a scorer
    Ew no. Chris Kaman is garbage and he whines for playing time, no thanks haha
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I dislike Vince and what he ultimately forced the franchise into doing, I think he could be a decent addition to this team. He knows all about the hype, and I'm sure he has changed many aspects of his life and seems to have found a new respect for the game as his career dwindles down.
    He's also been there, in Toronto, when we had moderate success. I wouldn't be mad if we signed him afterall..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We need a vet starter. Someone like boozer to smash guy around, in the game and practice. He or Pau would help these young guys with their post moves. SF we can see what we can pull out of the draft.( hopefully wigs) But the down low attitude is whats needed. If we have someone legit to score down low, the perimeter will open up a hell of a lot more than it does right now. And there will be plenty of lanes to slash.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think for the VC thing, well it might take away to much from the team. Too much of a distraction for this young team. I think the media will create a distraction, our young guys are winning with no supposed superstar. Bring VC or Bosh or someone like that takes all the light off our guys, and the media will blow it up saying how we had to go and get someone back as the major piece we needed. It takes all the credit away from how hard these guys have been working, for the team city and country. There young so they will need to be given credit, not having it taken away for the sake of Air Canda's return. I like VC a little more, after the special, it would hurt us to bring him back as a major piece in the rotation. NO doubt he might be 6th man of the year, playing rejuvenated, but it will take away from the team to much. And I just don't see the media not blowing this story up, creating some major problems in the locker room. It could work, I am not saying that, but I think the media will be too much of the instigator in the hype. Screwing with the chemistry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote delman21 wrote: View Post
    I think for the VC thing, well it might take away to much from the team. Too much of a distraction for this young team. I think the media will create a distraction, our young guys are winning with no supposed superstar. Bring VC or Bosh or someone like that takes all the light off our guys, and the media will blow it up saying how we had to go and get someone back as the major piece we needed. It takes all the credit away from how hard these guys have been working, for the team city and country. There young so they will need to be given credit, not having it taken away for the sake of Air Canda's return. I like VC a little more, after the special, it would hurt us to bring him back as a major piece in the rotation. NO doubt he might be 6th man of the year, playing rejuvenated, but it will take away from the team to much. And I just don't see the media not blowing this story up, creating some major problems in the locker room. It could work, I am not saying that, but I think the media will be too much of the instigator in the hype. Screwing with the chemistry
    My thoughts exactly. I actually like Vince's niche right now as a veteran role player, but he'd be way too much of a distraction. Carter-era discussions, questions, and flashbacks would be overshadowing everything this team is accomplishing right now. Let these guys build their own legacy (I hate that word).

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I actually like Vince's niche right now as a veteran role player, but he'd be way too much of a distraction. Carter-era discussions, questions, and flashbacks would be overshadowing everything this team is accomplishing right now. Let these guys build their own legacy (I hate that word).
    If we get Carter, it would have to be in the offseason, and I don't think it would take away too much from our team.
    Hopefully the media circus would be out of the way by the time the season starts, and hopefully Carter would apologize for what happened the first time around.

VC wouldn't be a superstar, he'd be a role player like Salmons. From the looks of his role in Dallas, he's more than happy acting as a mentor and seems to play within himself.

I think the young guys would still earn their due.

Thread Information