Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyrie Irving.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kyrie Irving.

Obviously, Congratulations to Demar Derozan on making his first all star game, hoping for many more to come!

I was reading on B/R and it said that Kyrie Irving is unhappy in Cleveland and he's gonna bolt as quick as he can. Do you think we could be able to get him? Give them Lowry and Terrence Ross for Kyrie and Dellavedova. I think it could work, we get a young new PG who's still growing and could be really nice in the backcourt with Derozan. And I think Cleveland gets a PG who could want to stay there who is a vet and bordeline all-star/ all star who got snubbed. He could work well with the young guys and Terrence Ross would be really good for them.

Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no fucking thanks. that sounds like a horrible trade.

3. Like Blacklash2k4, KeonClark, ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyrie Irving is injury prone in my opinion.

5. Like Blacklash2k4, Miekenstien liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    no fucking thanks. that sounds like a horrible trade.
    That's why I wanna know what you would give for Irving.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    Obviously, Congratulations to Demar Derozan on making his first all star game, hoping for many more to come!

I was reading on B/R and it said that Kyrie Irving is unhappy in Cleveland and he's gonna bolt as quick as he can. Do you think we could be able to get him? Give them Lowry and Terrence Ross for Kyrie and Dellavedova. I think it could work, we get a young new PG who's still growing and could be really nice in the backcourt with Derozan. And I think Cleveland gets a PG who could want to stay there who is a vet and bordeline all-star/ all star who got snubbed. He could work well with the young guys and Terrence Ross would be really good for them.

Thoughts?
    No to giving up TR.

8. Like isaacthompson, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely like the trade, but would Cleveland even consider it?
    For us, it gives us a game changing point guard with a ton of upside who can be a legit number one option.

Lowry is balling out of his mind and all, but when the Raptors are set to contend in 2015/2016, Lowry won't be that championship point guard. He will be on the decline, and his style of play isn't sustainable.

With DD, Irving and Big V, we have 3 young players with a ton of upside who can be a force out East. Players would want to sign here (with great ownership, good roster, Drake factor) and we can chase after a max-player.
    Really, this trade gets us out of the underdog picture

The question is: Why would Cleveland want to lose another franchise player? Lowry and Deng would probably not re-sign and it leaves Cleveland in a giant black hole, re-starting the rebuild again.

The whole reason for the Deng trade was to please Irving. I don't think they are going to give up on him yet

10. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    That's why I wanna know what you would give for Irving.
    i don't really care for irving. so unless we can get him for friggin landry fields, than nothing.

12. Like RPT23, salmon liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't blame him for wanting out of Cleveland, people think nobody wants to come here, but there it is much worse.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle for Irving maybe I dont know
    but no way is TR going with him

but at the end of the day lowry is playing better than kyrie and if we do get him its more of a 'trying to gain respect from the rest of the league' kinda thing didn't work out with rudy so no

EDIT: I dont think Kyle wants to leave this squad
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching the Cleveland game now. I want out of Cleveland. And it's just on TV. They say they're going to go all out this year to make the playoffs but I don't see what they have to give up. Cough..2014 pick...cough. I guess there's that

16. Like Bendit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's absolutely no way Cleveland gives up Irving for Lowry and Ross and if we were offered that package, Uriji shouldn't even take a second to think about it.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the key to the Raptors success has been Lowry's effectiveness, and more importantly, his ability to run the offense efficiently. He scores when he needs to,passes a whole lot more, but he makes winning players regardless of what he does.

Irving would likely destroy that given his scoring mentality. I for one say we stick with this core/ pick up a veteran big (if possible) for the playoffs.

Or, we trade Lowry, get some assets, get some publicity in the playoffs, and sign him again in the off season. (I like option one more).

Either way, Lowry is playing like a winner for this team.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would trade Lowry and DD for Irving+Bennett pretty quickly....

HOWEVER, we need a 6'11" guy in the locker room that will beat the shit out of Irving when he steps out of line in order to help him grow up. Kid has been coddled more than Bargnani was....

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching this Cleveland game right now. They reminds me a lot of the Jay Triano Raptors team. Just horrible in all areas of the game.

As for Anthony Bennett, i don't want to say the word "B" yet. But he's pretty bad. He's very slow, he looks fat and out of shape.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All flash, no dash. No thanks.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Irving is suspect on the character front and MU has a strong viewpoint on that aspect of a player he'll acquire. What good is so much talent if the rest of the team dont have particularly good feelings for him...and he has the ball in his hand every play. Does he make his team mates better? I am not sure.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Watching this Cleveland game right now. They reminds me a lot of the Jay Triano Raptors team. Just horrible in all areas of the game.

As for Anthony Bennett, i don't want to say the word "B" yet. But he's pretty bad. He's very slow, he looks fat and out of shape.
    He looks like he lost some weight actually.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vásquez_Valančiūnas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyrie Irving is the most overrated point guard in the nba IMO

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vásquez_Valančiūnas wrote: View Post
    Kyrie Irving is the most overrated point guard in the nba IMO
    agreed

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Irving is actually a really good player.. he just plays on a bad team. The sign of a great PG is if they can make the players around him better and that doesn't seem to be the case, I get that but.. I really don't like the Cavs roster at all and that has to play a part in his teams record. Even Wall can't carry Washington for example.

I personally would love to have Irving on the Raptors. He's only 21 years old.. if JV or Ross can have a long leash, then someone like Kyrie better have one as well.

If he really wants to be traded.. I hope MU gets on the phone and makes an offer.

I really don't think Kyrie is going to be traded though. Cavs will want a lot back and he's still on his rookie contract. The only assets we can really offer are JV, Ross, DD or any one of our picks. Lowry is a rental so he would not be worth much. Amir is too much of a veteran.. and every one else is really a bench player. The cavs are pretty set in their wings with Waiters and Deng as well. They would love JV I'm sure, but its so hard to find a center to replace someone like him if he were to be traded.

Anyway I don't put too much stock in him being upset. Love was upset last year and he's still on Minnesota.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information