Kyrie Irving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    one of the key elements i look for in a player is character...Irving is not a player I want around
    I can't believe people throw around statements like this. Remind me again what the knock on our current point guard was until he found the right situation/coach/organization? This is a guy that coach K loves, and there's a reason for it. But the Cavs are a dysfunctional organization right now and their roster is full of guys that don't fit together, run by a GM that can't draft to save his life, and Kyrie probably feels like he has to put the entire team on his shoulders most nights and is trying to do too much. This same narrative plays out over and over and over in the NBA; some players just need a better situation than the one they've been thrown into to thrive. See: Sacramento and Cousins.

Comment

I tried to watch the Cavs/Knicks game last night and made it to half before turning it off. Absolutely awful basketball to watch.

What I don't understand about Kyrie is, why is he so easy to defend at times? First 5 mins of the game he barely touched the ball. Then when he does get it, he basically gets shut down by the dynamic defence of Raymond "don't call me fat" Felton, and Pablo "pass the walking stick" Prigioni. How does a young athletic guard get stopped by two slow guards? How does he manage to dribble into their double team then throw the ball away when he realizes he is in trouble?

Kyrie is talented and certainly would be better with more talent around him but he seems to have a sort of tunnel vision.

At this point, Lowry is the better player.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

People need to start looking at Mike Brown a little harder, dude is the absolute worst. He's abysmal at developing young talent and Bennett is the perfect example front row center. While i don't think he should have been the #1 overall pick, he IS a talented player with a lot of potential and that jackass is straight ruining him.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          People need to start looking at Mike Brown a little harder, dude is the absolute worst. He's abysmal at developing young talent and Bennett is the perfect example front row center. While i don't think he should have been the #1 overall pick, he IS a talented player with a lot of potential and that jackass is straight ruining him.
          This. Brown somehow has a good reputation because he had LeBron for a while.

Comment

The only reason how won coach of the year that one year was because he had LEBRON JAMES! On his team and basically Lebron was calling all the shots
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Vásquez_Valančiūnas wrote: View Post
              Kyrie Irving is the most overrated point guard in the nba IMO
              I nominate Kemba Walker.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I nominate Kemba Walker.
                Kemba gives off a Tyreke Evans vibe for me.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I nominate Kemba Walker.
                  Really? I don't hear much praise for Kemba.

Rubio gets my vote.

Comment

I fully agree....

But Irving also had Byron Scott for 2 years. Scott is not a bad coach (nor do I think he's the greatest or anything). And he's had success with PGs, including a young Chris Paul.

Management has definitely been the biggest problem in Cleveland, as it was totally stupid to bring back Mike Brown and they've made questionable player moves.

But I still don't like what I've seen from Irving. I don't think he's toxic or anything, but I haven't seen traits that I look for in a lead guard, especially with his talent level. I don't see leadership. I don't see a strong competitive edge. His ability to get other involved and run the O seems to have been stalled since he came into the league. I don't see the right effort level or attention to detail. And I don't want Toronto to be the team to try and figure out if he can change those things, especially given his likely future cost and apparent fragility.

Comment

For most overrated PG i'm going with Deron Williams

All the talent in the world but dude's a maroon
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Rubio gets my vote.
                        Agreed. Rubio, I think, is probably the only thing that is wrong with Minny. They have top 10 defence and offence, I do believe, as well as a positive points differential. They really should be winning more games, but when defences can just sag off a ball dominant PG like Rubio, then it becomes increasingly difficult to score as a team when you're PG can't make the defence pay for leaving him open. It's too bad really, they have a pretty good lineup that would look much better than they do if only their PG could shoot.

Comment

For most overrated PG i'm going with Deron Williams

All the talent in the world but dude's a maroon
                          I view him as a Baron Davis type dude. Can be a top 5 PG when healthy and happy. Can be a useless fat fuck the rest of the time.

And holy crap, he managed to get Jerry Sloan out of Utah....

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                            omfg who is better than kyrie irving that he's overrated?
                            you kids need to look up the meanings of these big words you're throwing around.
                            wait don't tell me. kyle lowry is better than kyrie irving right? ROFL i don't even have the words.
                            Answer my question:

Where is Cleveland with Kyrie Irving as the top dog? He's a great player, right? RIGHT? Because crossovers and +20 point games are what define greatness in this league.

By no means is Kyle Lowry better than Kyrie Irving; Irving is miles head more skilled, and a more talented basketball player. But, Lowry is a leader, his production and his abilities are the reason why this Raptor team is anywhere in the top of playoff picture.

Irving is an awful point guard. He does not look for his teammates as much as he should (and he should, because Cleveland has some really good talent), he's obviously a shoot-first point guard (nothing wrong with that, but no balance whatsoever i.e. Jerryd Bayless-like) and isn't anywhere near mature or a leader.

Look, at the end of the day, if Kyrie Irving were to come to Toronto, I'd accept him with open arms, he's a wonderful talent! But, he's not that player that is advertised all across the league. In the NBA, it's more then just an outside court full of scrubs *cough* Uncle Drew *cough*.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                              This. Brown somehow has a good reputation because he had LeBron for a while.
                              And he came from San Antonio.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Rubio gets my vote.
                                Overrated point guard? Tough one, there are a TON in the league. Deron Williams is one. John Wall is arguable. Brandon Jennings is awful. Jrue Holiday in my opinion is overrated.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X