No announcement yet.

Kyrie Irving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Irving is suspect on the character front and MU has a strong viewpoint on that aspect of a player he'll acquire. What good is so much talent if the rest of the team dont have particularly good feelings for him...and he has the ball in his hand every play. Does he make his team mates better? I am not sure.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Watching this Cleveland game right now. They reminds me a lot of the Jay Triano Raptors team. Just horrible in all areas of the game.

As for Anthony Bennett, i don't want to say the word "B" yet. But he's pretty bad. He's very slow, he looks fat and out of shape.
      He looks like he lost some weight actually.

Comment

Kyrie Irving is the most overrated point guard in the nba IMO

Comment

Vásquez_Valančiūnas wrote: View Post
          agreed

Comment

Irving is actually a really good player.. he just plays on a bad team. The sign of a great PG is if they can make the players around him better and that doesn't seem to be the case, I get that but.. I really don't like the Cavs roster at all and that has to play a part in his teams record. Even Wall can't carry Washington for example.

I personally would love to have Irving on the Raptors. He's only 21 years old.. if JV or Ross can have a long leash, then someone like Kyrie better have one as well.

If he really wants to be traded.. I hope MU gets on the phone and makes an offer.

I really don't think Kyrie is going to be traded though. Cavs will want a lot back and he's still on his rookie contract. The only assets we can really offer are JV, Ross, DD or any one of our picks. Lowry is a rental so he would not be worth much. Amir is too much of a veteran.. and every one else is really a bench player. The cavs are pretty set in their wings with Waiters and Deng as well. They would love JV I'm sure, but its so hard to find a center to replace someone like him if he were to be traded.

Anyway I don't put too much stock in him being upset. Love was upset last year and he's still on Minnesota.

Comment

Vásquez_Valančiūnas wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't call Irving overrated. He's a talent surrounded by bad players and bad coaching staff. I'm also not a fan of the Cavs management. Just look at some of their draft picks after Irving.
              Last edited by The Great One; Fri Jan 31, 2014, 01:22 AM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's just relative to all the hype he gets. He's very good, but People calling him a superstar, best young PG in the league, Voted Allstar starter, so many ads and billboards etc which I believe makes him very overrated for what he produces right now. Obviously the cavs are terrible in all areas, but he really does not make his teammates better at all, I can understand if he isn't the most popular teammate.

Comment

I wouldn't call Irving overrated. He's a talent surrounded by bad players and bad coaching staff. I'm also not a fan of the Cavs management. Just look at some of their draft picks after Irving.
                  Irving was the only 'obvious' pick they've had. Every pick where there has been some room for actual decision making, they've completely botched it. I love TT, but even he was a questionable pick. Waiters is fat.

Comment

one of the key elements i look for in a player is character...Irving is not a player I want around
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

For all his foibles Kyle makes his team better. Can't say the same thing for Kyrie. I honestly think Wall and Lowry are better PGs than Irving.

Comment

Watching this Cleveland game right now. They reminds me a lot of the Jay Triano Raptors team. Just horrible in all areas of the game.

As for Anthony Bennett, i don't want to say the word "B" yet. But he's pretty bad. He's very slow, he looks fat and out of shape.
                        I guess him having a shoulder injury side-lining him the entire summer and some of training camp really helped his ability to be great.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

omfg who is better than kyrie irving that he's overrated?
                          you kids need to look up the meanings of these big words you're throwing around.
                          wait don't tell me. kyle lowry is better than kyrie irving right? ROFL i don't even have the words.

Comment

Irving is a hell of a scorer but not, and I am sure he won't become a point guard. Yes he puts up stats, but they haven't got any better since drafting him. This leads me to believe he is a me guy, that believes he should be part of a big three. Especially when he is talking of leaving so early in his career. Winning never just happens, you have to work for it, and loose to get there. But he doesn't make anyone around him better. Even the boys on TNT say the same thing. How can u be there and not make anyone better. He looks for his shot way to often, yes he gets his assists but not before he puts up his shots. Point guards lead and dictate tempo. The great ones do anyway and it all starts and ends with them. He is not a leader that way, just a stat stuffer, that is shot first and not pass. I beg to differ for him even making the all-star game based on performance of his team. Yes the points are nice, but they haven't won like 25 games since drafting him. So in reality he is another score first guard, not a point guard. If we can get him he is only worth it if he can change his game to become a Point Guard. And judging from his previous 3 seasons, he is not doing that just looking to score more.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              one of the key elements i look for in a player is character...Irving is not a player I want around
                              Coming out of college and high school his character was one of the biggest things going for him.

It would appear that a weak locker room, insane hype, and poor coaching/management has caused him to become a little bit of a knob. Also the constant feud between him and Waiters is not helping the environment.

If I was Cleveland I would look to trade Waiters and hire Charles Oakley as an assistant coach.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                                I was reading on B/R and it said that Kyrie Irving is unhappy in Cleveland and he's gonna bolt as quick as he can.
                                That idea comes from a Chad Ford chat wrap and in it he states that while Kyrie is unhappy, almost no rookies ever turn down an extension due to the risk involved (especially with his injury history) and that he only stated it because it helps show why Cleveland should be buyers around the deadline in an effort to keep him happy. Their GM is on the hotseat and might be going into full Colangelo mode right about now. There's more here:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ture-cleveland

Comment

Working...
                                X