No announcement yet.

Kyrie Irving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see the NY Knicks throwing in maybe shumpert and Hardaway Jr. and they're 2026 draft pick (among other things to make it work) in order to keep Melo happy.

...but maybe I just want to see Melo and Uncle Drew each shoot at least 10 3pt/game

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      That's a whole lotta speculation. And again, could easily have said the same thing about Lowry coming in last year, and early on it looked like his past reputation was going to repeat itself. But he turned it around this year. So why is it you're willing to give Lowry the benefit of the doubt based on a small sample size of play this year but also willing to throw Irving under the bus based on an equally small sample size.

If you have any kind of faith that the organization you support can develop players and get guys to play the right way (which I think we've seen evidence of with the Raps), then this should be a non-issue.
      You are aware that all of this is speculation right?
      Me, you and everybody.
      Right, moving on.

I'm not throwing Irving under the bus, I'm just not encouraged by what I see.
      Lowry and Irving have not had even remotely similar paths.
      They have both had issues, but they have been seperate issues.
      At no point in his career was Lowry porous on defense.

The organization could get Irving to work, and Irving could become a good player.
      But he's not right now, and Lowry is, and there is absolutely no doubt that swapping those two would change the chemistry significantly. I like what I'm seeing right now, and so it doesn't strike me as a gamble worth taking.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
        Looks like the best pgs hands down are Mario Chalmers and George Hill not because they are more skilled but because they are better winners and the nba is all about winning. Lowry is a backup pg playing well. Lowry over Irving ... Wow. You win. Lol.
        You need to chill They're saying Irving is overrated but that doesn't mean he's trash, he's still a top 10 pg. Lowry is playing out of his mind right now and it's leading to wins... Good wins and Irving just lost to the Knicks. As of right now I would take Lowry over Irving and any other pg in the East save for maybe Wall but Irving has a BRIGHT Bright future but he's stuck on a team that is an absolute train wreck. You just have to accept that Lowry is not only a good pg but a great player and maybe just maybe you'll actually fall in love with this team the way me and soooo many others have this season
        #BringBackUzoh

Comment

lol i'd love to be a gm in a league with these fools.
          irving for lowry sure. lol ... btw i'll trade you fields for lebron, hayes for durant and novak for curry. duh ... ok ...

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
            You need to chill They're saying Irving is overrated but that doesn't mean he's trash, he's still a top 10 pg. Lowry is playing out of his mind right now and it's leading to wins... Good wins and Irving just lost to the Knicks. As of right now I would take Lowry over Irving and any other pg in the East save for maybe Wall but Irving has a BRIGHT Bright future but he's stuck on a team that is an absolute train wreck. You just have to accept that Lowry is not only a good pg but a great player and maybe just maybe you'll actually fall in love with this team the way me and soooo many others have this season
            Dude you committed a serious crime here, that is trying to reason with this Wiggins guy.
            I genuinely think Kyle ran over his pet dog or something and the grudge remains. Although maybe more likely that Kyle has been so damn good that the raptors have next to no chance to get his name sake in the draft..although he's probably not alone there

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Kyrie Irving is injury prone in my opinion.
              It's official now.

Irving got injured again, may miss rest of the season.

Kyrie irving IS injury prone.

Comment

Look around the league and tell me how many starting PG's aren't "injury prone"?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Look around the league and tell me how many starting PG's aren't "injury prone"?
                  You say that like it makes it ok. He also still struggles to actually play proper team basketball, and you know, actually run the point.

He's never played a full season, this season at 64 games being his highest. He also doesn't get his injuries doing explosive things, which is a big reason guys get injured. Kyrie just seems soft. I wonder about his strength and conditioning, and if he is actually injury prone and those are question marks, it could mean a guy you can never really count on long-term.

Comment

Kyrie Irving is softer then some fresh baked muffins
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      You say that like it makes it ok. He also still struggles to actually play proper team basketball, and you know, actually run the point.

He's never played a full season, this season at 64 games being his highest. He also doesn't get his injuries doing explosive things, which is a big reason guys get injured. Kyrie just seems soft. I wonder about his strength and conditioning, and if he is actually injury prone and those are question marks, it could mean a guy you can never really count on long-term.
                      I'm no Kyrie fan either, and yeah, Irving has had more injuries than most but you're answer reeks of bs. How many PG's can you count on long term not to have mulitple injuries? PG and injury prone are almost synonymous. Wasn't that the tag a lot of us put on Lowry? Look at the abuse he takes and it's almost a miracle Kyle hasn't missed more time than he has.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Same things were said about John Wall, and now look at him; he's back in the conversation as one of the best PGs.
                        I think Kyrie will be juuust fine.

Comment

Difference being that Wall always played defense and always got his teammates involved.

Comment

Add ankle injury to this list too.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Add ankle injury to this list too.

Kyrie's injury and Cavs gelling process early in the season, D Rose's rust early in the season and now Bradley Beal broken wrist missing 8 weeks, Raps should establish a strong start to the season and secure a top seed. its all working in our favor.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                                Same things were said about John Wall, and now look at him; he's back in the conversation as one of the best PGs.
                                I think Kyrie will be juuust fine.
                                You can say the same about Lowry for that matter. He had an attitude problem coming into the league but his injuries didn't help.

That being said, I'm not a big Irving guy. His defense is atrocious.

Comment

Working...
                                X