"Lost Boys" Star Corey Haim Dies at 38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lost Boys" Star Corey Haim Dies at 38

Truly a sad story. I can't imagine how horrible addiction is.

Actor Corey Haim, who appeared in a number of movies during the 1980s, died early Wednesday of a possible drug overdose after being taken to a hospital, authorities said.

Haim, 38, was taken to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, California, where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 a.m. PT (5:15 a.m. ET), said Lt. Cheryl MacWillie, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County coroner's office. The hospital is a mile from Haim's apartment.

His death appears to be accidental and may possibly be due to an overdose, according to Los Angeles police Sgt. Frank Albarran.
    Source - Click here

Its sad and he was a Canadian as well.

Being a child actor in Hollywood sure messed up alot of people.

This is like the third death in the last 3 months.

Comment

a look back at his career:

http://atthefilm.com/film/corey-haim-dead-at-38
      http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

I loved the Lost Boys. The sequel that came out a few years ago wasn't very good though... Corey was not part of the movie. Is it just me or have an insane amount of celebrities in the film industry been dropping dead?

Comment

The drugs are unfortunately more and more popular by the day now. Especially in Hollywood.

Britney Murphy, that "Boner" dude from "Growing Pains" and now Coey Haim. Sadly I watched his and Corey Feldman's show "Two Corey's" and you could tell even then that he was struggling with the dope. It too bad because you could he geniune heart and deep down was a good guy. The drugs just got the best of him.

Comment

How about Michael Jackson? That was the worst of all. He had a doctor negligently giving him large doses of a cocktail of drugs. I think part of it is that some of these people have the wrong people around them; people who are friends for status and wealth, not for genius friendship.

Comment

Gentlemen.

Britney Murphy- Husband was concerned for years. Tried everything.

Michael Jackson - If that doctor didnt fill him with drugs, MJ would have found someone else to give them to him.

Corey Haim- Feldmen did all he could to clean his friend up. Including a TV show to help kick start his career.

Bottom line is if a person wants to self destruct, you cant stop them. All these deaths are on the person themselves. The people around them were either doing all they could or being paid to be negligent. These people live on the edge all their lives and when they finally fall off, they have only themselves to blame.
              http://www.raptorman.ca/
              raptorman@rogers.com
              Discounted Raptor Tickets
              *No Service Charges*

Comment

Working...
              X