Could the Raptors be Tanking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the Raptors be Tanking?

I remember BC saying something about how he thought that Atlanta and Boston were the bad matchups for the Raptors and how they match up well against Cleveland and Orlando.

Could the Raptors not be putting forth 100% effort in order for a more favourable matchup in the playoffs?

Or is slide slide actually a good thing for the Raps if they get their act together before the playoffs?

Thoughts?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

the big smoke

I was thinking the same thing today being the 7th or 8th seed might actually be better than the 5th or 6th because our beloved raps have a better chance against the cavs or magic than the celtics or hawks.

Comment

Stop talking crazy.

The Raptors are in no position to tank at this point since they haven't even secured a playoff spot.

Comment

If they are tanking I hope they get swept, I don't want to follow a club that doesn't give 100% all the time.

They should be ironing out a few kinks at this stage of the season not going backwards like they have been.

Comment

Tanking implies they can get their shit together anytime they feel like it.

Does anyone actually think this club can do this? They cant come back from a ten point deficit in a game for f*&$'s sake. btw, Boston at this time is the weakest of the top 4 imo.

Comment

The Raptors need to win every game they can. They aren't in control of anything.

Comment

This would absolutely be the worst time to "tank". Orlando and the Cavs are simply dominating, and anyone who thinks we match up well with those teams would be in for a rude awakening (Turkoglol?). Our best chance is with Boston. Yeah, they've owned us in the past, but they are coming apart at the seams and really showing their age. If we have a chance at beating any of the top 4 in a series, it's Boston.

Comment

I can't believe anyone would take this opinion even half seriously. Some of you guys are unbelievable.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raps are, at the moment, barley holding onto a playoff spot
                  They dont have a cushion of games to tank, and we have to remember they are professional athletes, its their job to put 100% into each game (tell that to turk..)
                  At this point they are free-falling, at the end of this road trip we might be out of the playoffs..

Comment

Raptors 4 - 8 since Evans started playing.

Now some of those games were without CB4 but karma is what it is, or is it?

Just saying.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i think they considered it. but, then they just ended up in a slump they are having trouble getting out of. there still going to make the post season and we can beat cleveland i know that
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                      X