New Nickname for Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    Nicknames are a funny thing. More often than not they come from a spur of the moment comment from an announcer and they stick, or or self-proclaimed a la Shaq. I'm not a huge fan or trying to incorporate his name into his nickname. I think some of the best have something to do with the way the player plays, or their appearance I.e. Air Jordan, 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing, Magic. All that being said, my favourites I've heard are:

Flight 31
    Northern Flights
    Tricky Rosay (albeit, this one is more for laughs)
    In light of this thought, how about "Stretch"... I was trying to find something focusing on how wiry he is, elastic man, but Stretch fits that and incorporates his 3 point shooting.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
      In light of this thought, how about "Stretch"... I was trying to find something focusing on how wiry he is, elastic man, but Stretch fits that and incorporates his 3 point shooting.
      hes stretchy and a marksman.

stretch marks.

Comment

Terror Ross?

Comment

I was just thinking, and didn't want to start a new thread for such a silly comment, but Chuck Hayes ought to be nicknamed Mr. Heavyfoot now that he's playing in Toronto.

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
            I was just thinking, and didn't want to start a new thread for such a silly comment, but Chuck Hayes ought to be nicknamed Mr. Heavyfoot now that he's playing in Toronto.
            But Chunk Hayes works so well.

Comment

How about either TyrannosauRoss or Tyrann-'soar'-Ross (i.e. the act of soaring to dunk). Short form for that is TRoss anyways so maybe it's all redundant.

Comment

Working...
              X