Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

consmap wrote: View Post
    Is that banning rule actually serious? I thought it was a joke. o_O
    It is. I just don't want him going around making new posters feel like he has any authority on the matter.

Comment

Wow this isn't all one big joke? What a joke

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Well the guy makes up the rules AFTER you create the thread, and then calls for your head constantly for a whole day. Its ridiculous, and that is NOT how we work around here. Welcome to the board jshchn.
        I am sorry about being such a dick. Ya I know it was a joke, I guess I just took it too seriously. Sometimes I do get carried away. I have a reputation of taking everything TOO seriously.:O
        My friends usually have to remind me to calm down.

jshchn wrote: View Post
        Thanks for the vouch of confidence. I was serious about wanting to take it down. My bad. Rookie mistake.
        Ya we started the joke on the Orlando game thread. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I do realize that I was chasing u around. Sorry if u were offended. Take no offense. Nice try tho trying to sneek away with a win jshchn:-P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
          I am sorry about being such a dick. Ya I know it was a joke, I guess I just took it too seriously. Sometimes I do get carried away. I have a reputation of taking everything TOO seriously.:O
          My friends usually have to remind me to calm down.
          All good man! Its a neat idea to add something to the games, just want to make sure the mods are doing the moderating around here. Its fine as a joke, but lets keep it as such.

Comment

All good man! Its a neat idea to add something to the games, just want to make sure the mods are doing the moderating around here.
            I do realize I do not have that much authority here. I am kinda a rook too but I've been reading for a while. It is just in my blood to lead and take things seriously. Sorry about it, didn't want it to end like this.

Comment

I do realize I do not have that much authority here. I am kinda a rook too but I've been reading for a while. It is just in my blood to lead and take things seriously. Sorry about it, didn't want it to end like this.
              HAH Alright alright, like I said, its all good man!

Comment

I'm liking all the goodwill here! yeah I tried to sneak a win in. Shouldn't chosen the blazers though.

Comment

I am I only one who thinks that trying to coordinate game day threads is a project doomed to failure? I enjoy game day threads as much as the next poster, but I'd like to go on record as saying it's a bad idea. You want to post a game day thread go ahead. You shouldn't need anyone's permission to start a new thread as long as it's posted in the proper forum. It's not like you can't add your own pre-game thoughts to an existing thread. Whose going to keep track of the rules and make sure the appropriate people are posting the game day threads? Whose responsible for decided what the rule are and enforcing them? Banning people for posting threads is completely backwards. Shouldn't we be encouraging new people to post threads and be activity, instead of creating a barrier?

It seems to me that there are only two arguments against a first come first post rule. One, people being territorial, and feeling like other posters are stealing there thunder. Two, superstition. Do either of these arguments justify alienating posters?
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'm witnessing transition to teen forums, too bad.
                    WTF rule.
                    "4. If someone interrupts a winning streak of a thread starter, he shall receive boos and shall get a ban from Dr. James Naismith. The treatment will be worse if it is a loss."
                    How it could be worse than ban?
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Do we get a prize if we have the most wins

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        How it could be worse than ban?
                        Made it worse.

4. If someone interrupts a winning streak of a thread starter, he shall receive boos and must change their avatar to one depicting Andrea Bargnani or Hedo Turk.
                        I give this whole thing a week. Lol

Comment

Made it worse.

I give this whole thing a week. Lol
                          Haha

I will try to go against the "rules" then

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            I am I only one who thinks that trying to coordinate game day threads is a project doomed to failure? I enjoy game day threads as much as the next poster, but I'd like to go on record as saying it's a bad idea. You want to post a game day thread go ahead. You shouldn't need anyone's permission to start a new thread as long as it's posted in the proper forum. It's not like you can't add your own pre-game thoughts to an existing thread. Whose going to keep track of the rules and make sure the appropriate people are posting the game day threads? Whose responsible for decided what the rule are and enforcing them? Banning people for posting threads is completely backwards. Shouldn't we be encouraging new people to post threads and be activity, instead of creating a barrier?

It seems to me that there are only two arguments against a first come first post rule. One, people being territorial, and feeling like other posters are stealing there thunder. Two, superstition. Do either of these arguments justify alienating posters?
                            First of all the banning is all a joke. Second of all, Dr. James Naismith proposed this for superstition purposes. We rode Kazan as long as he kept getting us wins. That's the whole idea I guess in summary.

Comment

First of all the banning is all a joke. Second of all, Dr. James Naismith proposed this for superstition purposes. We rode Kazan as long as he kept getting us wins. That's the whole idea I guess in summary.

You don't name it "rule", sticky it and then state it all was a joke...

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                You don't name it "rule", sticky it and then state it all was a joke...
                                Well it clearly was a joke, designed to provide some fun for people. It's not like I really care if I'm the one who starts the game-day thread, and don't see why other people would either.

If you don't care for this rule, let the ones who are having fun keep it going.

Again, I don't see this as infringing on anyone's enjoyment, so why hassle it.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X