Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacers Sign Bynum

So crazy it just might work.

“It really wasn’t a hard decision, I think it’s the right fit for me and, in all honesty, I think we’ve got the best chance of winning,” said Bynum. “It will be great to back up Roy and I’ll do whatever I can to help this team.”
    Source
    Its the perfect situation for Bynum. If he doesn't want the spotlight on him, doesn't want the attention, doesn't want the scrutiny, then ya, I can't see a better fit.

Good signing by the Pacers....wonder how much they are paying him...he did not want the minimum I heard. Maybe they got him because of Oden?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Good signing by the Pacers....wonder how much they are paying him...he did not want the minimum I heard. Maybe they got him because of Oden?
      I think it's just $1M for the rest of the season.

Comment

I cannot wait for the Bynum v. Oden battles in the playoffs.

Comment

The Pacers biggest advantage is that they are... er... bigger than everyone else. At the very least signing Bynum for 1 million ensures that another contender can't use him to neutralize that advantage. I've always felt that Ian Mahimi did a pretty decent job of being a Hibbert-Lite, and also felt that the Pacers are favourites to come out of the East even before this signing. I can actually seem them playing him 1 million just to stay home, and be okay with it.

For Bynum he's got an ideal situation and if he screws it up he's throwing away money on his next contract, and possibly not even getting another contract. Low risk/high reward for the Pacers.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
          X