No announcement yet.

What the Raps need to take them over !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Love (Lol) but I think we would have to give up too much for him, and he may bolt.

We should take advantage of the tankers with useful players.

I would like a Thad Young for Salmons deal, 76's save money as only 1 mill of Salmons is guaranteed, Thad is an Amir type player, not great a one thing but good at all.

And maybe a separate deal for Hawes he help JV up front? 76's take on Fields for a pick?
    Last edited by OzRapFan; Mon Feb 3, 2014, 08:18 PM.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
      I would like a Thad Young for Salmons deal, 76's save money as only 1 mill of Salmons is guaranteed, Thad is an Amir type player, not great a one thing but good at all.

And maybe a separate deal for Hawes he help JV up front? 76's take on Fields for a pick?
      I don't think an expiring is good enough for Thad Young, same idea with Fields... rumour has it they're shopping hard for picks.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        I don't think an expiring is good enough for Thad Young, same idea with Fields... rumour has it they're shopping hard for picks.
        76's take on Fields for a pick

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          So ironic given your handle. Haha

haha I know this handle is from '11 when we DID get a top 5 pck (JV) im done rebuilding it's time Masai goes for it and trades for Love to take us over the top ....hopefully !

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
            love is on his way to Los Angeles in 2015
            To play with Kobe & D league all stars, bec that's about all LA will have room for. Do the math: Kobe + Nash + Love=well over 50 mil. 10 guys at a minimum and what do we have? A championship team? Get serious.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
              I like Love (Lol) but I think we would have to give up too much for him, and he may bolt.

We should take advantage of the tankers with useful players.

Young for Salmons? Philly is so far under the cap they do not care.
              Hawes for Fields & a pick? If that is the best they can do for Hawes. Probably, as most solid playoff teams are already set. Yes, they have to carry/pay Fields next year, but they will suck next year anyway.

Comment

What I think the Raptors need, is more depth.

With the Raptors draft pick, they have an opportunity to draft a young talent. In the upcoming draft, they are placed at 19 taking Vasilje Micic (?), with guys like Willie Cauley-Stein, James Young, and James McAdoo still in the latter part of the draft via http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft. Adding a young player to whatever position is welcomed. I don't think there is one single position locked down on this current roster.

Than, go into free-agency looking to bulk up every single position on the roster. Personally, the power forward spot might be the closest to a lock if Hansbrough can re-sign with the team.

PG: Lowry/Vasquez*/Buycks*/Stone*
                SG: DeRozan/?
                SF: Ross/Salmons*
                PF: Johnson/Patterson*/Hansbrough*
                C: Valanciunas*/?

To me, another wing is needed. I personally would like Ross to stay at three, for it's been a positive impact having him start, and having him in that position, meaning another shooting guard in the upcoming draft, or a target.
                Than, it's the centre position, and that one might be the weakest of our positions depth-wise.

I do not trust Chuck Hayes playing +15 minutes a night, due to his limited (understatement) offensive abilities. An athletic, young, springy big man that likes to play defense (Brandan Wright, Ryan Hollins) is a thought. Or, a big bulky defensive presence, or veteran mentor like Kendrick Perkins (still limited offensively, but brings a lot rebounding wise, defensively, and sets terrific screens). Basically Perkins is a better version of Hayes, lol.

Along with hopes of internal growth for DeRozan, Valanciunas, Ross, this team definitely has the abilities to take another step if they build their depth of each and every position. Add in the right mix of veterans, along with continuing to collect every single asset (pick/prospect), and they're well on their way.
                Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Feb 4, 2014, 03:58 AM.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

This is what I would like to see the Raptors do in the next 12 months:

1. Resign Lowry and double Pat.
                  2. Trade some or all of DD, Hansborough, Vazquez, Fields and Novac. Getting anything for Fields and Novac would be nice, but throw them in with DD and Hansborough. If we are able to move all five I think the Raptors whould be able to get a 1st rounder in 2014, another future first or second rounder, and a long, big starting 3 that can play defence (might have a 'bad' contract, but that is what we may have to take back to get rid of Fields and Novac).
                  3. Package picks to move up to draft Tyler Ennis - Canadian kid who can back-up Lowry at the PG spot.
                  4. Find a true back-up centre or if we can't trade for a starting SF sign one as well.

The results of all this is:
                  PG: Lowry, Ennis
                  SG: Ross, Salmons
                  SF: Deng or Ariza (as free agents)
                  PF: Amir, Patterson
                  C: Valanciunas, ??

Looks crazy? It is really just trading DD, Hansbourough and GV for a pick and cap space to sign SF

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
                    People keep saying a scoring 3 but with the emergence of TRoss that allows DD to play the 3 and the great play of 2Pat, who should stay coming off the bench btw. Its pretty obv and that its a legit 4 and there's actually an elite 4 available who would fit perfect in Casey's offense.... Kevin Love ! all around player can score from anywhere and rebound with the best. I love Amir and so do a lot fans, and he's come a long way too but he's peaked at his position and with the pieces in place, thats what would take them over into a championship contending team.

As to how to get here i would think our 1st(this year)and next year, NY's 1st, Amir who is at his peak for trade value and some fill ins for salary purposes.

To Toronto - Kevin Love

To Minnesota - Amir, 3- 1st rd picks and some fillers.

I would think the Wolves would do it because as it looks right now Klove is going to opt out this year and explore the market and probably not resign with the Wolves, so for them to get a lot of value before he just leaves and they get nothing.

8 man rotation would be ;

Lowry
                    Ross
                    DD
                    Love
                    JV
                    Salmons(Hansborough if healthy enough)
                    2Pat
                    Vazquez

Pretty solid to go into the playoffs.
                    Three first round picks? What if Love leaves?

Comment

I do like the idea of pursuing Deng in the off season. However his asking price in Chicago was about 14 mil, so he could be quite pricey.

I think the premise of what you are going for is pretty good though.

Comment

Someone mentioned Thad Young whats his asking price right now ?
                        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Good question. I'm assuming Salmons+Prospect (ie Ross)+Pick or 2

Too rich for TO

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                            Someone mentioned Thad Young whats his asking price right now ?
                            Asking price for all Philly players is picks.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              I do like the idea of pursuing Deng in the off season. However his asking price in Chicago was about 14 mil, so he could be quite pricey.

I think the premise of what you are going for is pretty good though.
                              14$ million MIGHT be considered a steal, because of how much he adds to a team. Also being a multiple all-star helps. I do know Iggy is making around 12$ millison (correct if mistaken), but took less to play for GS.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                                This is what I would like to see the Raptors do in the next 12 months:

1. Resign Lowry and double Pat.
                                2. Trade some or all of DD, Hansborough, Vazquez, Fields and Novac. Getting anything for Fields and Novac would be nice, but throw them in with DD and Hansborough. If we are able to move all five I think the Raptors whould be able to get a 1st rounder in 2014, another future first or second rounder, and a long, big starting 3 that can play defence (might have a 'bad' contract, but that is what we may have to take back to get rid of Fields and Novac).
                                3. Package picks to move up to draft Tyler Ennis - Canadian kid who can back-up Lowry at the PG spot.
                                4. Find a true back-up centre or if we can't trade for a starting SF sign one as well.

The results of all this is:
                                PG: Lowry, Ennis
                                SG: Ross, Salmons
                                SF: Deng or Ariza (as free agents)
                                PF: Amir, Patterson
                                C: Valanciunas, ??

Looks crazy? It is really just trading DD, Hansbourough and GV for a pick and cap space to sign SF
                                We might have regressed in my opinion. Deng is nice, but I think him with Derozan is a better fit. Deng is a less athletic, but a play-makingish version of Ross. I think when trading DD, Hansbrough, Vasquez, Fields, and Novak, you can definitely get a better return than just Ennis. Lots of unproven on that roster as well, so team would be taking a step back because development becomes a factor here.

Really broken trade scenario; DD, Fields, and Novak alone make up for about $19 million if I'm not mistaken, and you mentioned that Deng/Ariza are acquired via draft, but have them listed as free agents.

I personally hate seeing "homegrown" talent. At this point, I'd take Jabari Parker over Wiggins. He's already shown more consistency, strength, and skill at this level to be a safe - but fantastic - first draft pick. Even Joel Embiid is looking awesome.

If there's homegrown talent that is realistically available, it's Nik Staukas, and I for one - aside from the homegrown shit that gets thrown around constantly - would take him. Safe pick; good scorer, shooter from the outside, solid shot creator, safe pick with NBA type offensive skills.
                                Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Feb 5, 2014, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X