Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Delon Wright

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Delon Wright

Discuss!
    Last edited by MACK11; Sat Aug 15th, 2015 at 04:13 PM.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post

Discuss!
    A guard that can't shoot or draw fouls. Casey will love him

Raptors Republic Superstar Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    A guard that can't shoot or draw fouls. Casey will love him
    you do mean a guard who shot above 50 from the floor right?

4. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I like him because hes anti-Lou

Passes,Plays D, Takes smart shots

Raptors Republic Superstar OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Wright.

Getting a complete player at 20 is a damn good feat.

Love that he is a defense first guy and that he makes the people around him better. Not too sure we have many of those on the Raptors
    Haters gonna hate. 'Taters gonna potate

7. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So how would you compare him to Elfrid Payton and Tyler Ennis guys?
    First round exit until proven otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Just Filthy

10. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    elfrid is sick. i think that ennis is a better prospect but wright is a better defender and player at this stage

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Looking at his game that is the first thing that came to mind. Although I think he finishes a bit better than Elfrid. He is also half an inch taller. I don't think he is a Tyler Ennis. He also shoots free throws at a higher clip. But yeah he rebounds like Elfrid.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

elfrid is sick. i think that ennis is a better prospect but wright is a better defender and player at this stage
    Are you kidding me Elfrid is a triple double machine. So much better than Ennis at this point. Once he gets a decent midrange (forget about 3 point shooting) and better free throws he will go from averaging 13 points a game to 15-16. Guys like this though are good cause they are always looking to make the smart play cause they understand their limitations. That being said we have a better overall prospect in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Are you kidding me Elfrid is a triple double machine. So much better than Ennis at this point. Once he gets a decent midrange (forget about 3 point shooting) and better free throws he will go from averaging 13 points a game to 15-16. Guys like this though are good cause they are always looking to make the smart play cause they understand their limitations. That being said we have a better overall prospect in my opinion.
    you misunderstand me. elfrid is sick is a statement of his ability to play basketball. where as the next sentence, which had a full stop, finished the comparison asked by the original question. where i think that ennis is a better prospect than wright but wright is a better defender and player at this stage.

Raptors Republic Superstar KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All I wanted was a DEFENSIVE backup pg that can handle the ball. This guy seems to be able to do that, and there weren't many available currently employed in the NBA. Vasquez was a net negative as far as I'm concerned. Now we have more money to bring back either Lou or Amir AND sign potentially a semi higher tier player while still filling out the bench. If he can play 12-18 minutes a night and not fuck up the game, perfect. It also keeps Casey from playing a PG at the 2 position for extended periods, I'd assume. I would focus entirely on a GOOD PF and replacing T Ross for a nice upgrade at the SF position, which should in turn force Caseys hand into giving JJ 15-20 minutes a night again and restores natural positions
    I'm in LOVE with CA-BO-CLO!

16. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    All I wanted was a DEFENSIVE backup pg that can handle the ball. This guy seems to be able to do that, and there weren't many available currently employed in the NBA. Vasquez was a net negative as far as I'm concerned. Now we have more money to bring back either Lou or Amir AND sign potentially a semi higher tier player while still filling out the bench. If he can play 12-18 minutes a night and not fuck up the game, perfect. It also keeps Casey from playing a PG at the 2 position for extended periods, I'd assume. I would focus entirely on a GOOD PF and replacing T Ross for a nice upgrade at the SF position, which should in turn force Caseys hand into giving JJ 15-20 minutes a night again and restores natural positions
    Casey will not play a rookie, especially one who can't create his own shot. If MU doesn't get a PG, Lou if he re-signs or even Demar will be playing PG. Not sure if Wright as a rookie is better than Julyan Stone

Post Thanks / Like

I like this pick but his age is just such a downer. The guy will be 24 halfway into his rookie season. He's basically gonna be in his prime by his sophomore season.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

So, it appears that Wright is friends with DeMar and has played with Amir on Drew League teams... take that as you wish...

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/tea...ONEmp4-3630364

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest concern about Wright's transition to the NBA revolves around his outside shooting. He made just 38 of 126 attempts the past two seasons (30%), and is especially limited as an off the dribble shooter. Wright's pull-up jumper is virtually non-existent at this stage, as he sports a low and slow release on his shot, and gets little to no elevation, which makes it difficult for him to create separation from defenders. His hesitance to shoot off the dribble is something that better defenses scouted and were able to take advantage of consistently the last two years, sagging way off him, going underneath screens on the pick and roll, and generally mucking up Utah's offense

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3e9Mverrq
    http://www.draftexpress.com

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest concern about Wright's transition to the NBA revolves around his outside shooting. He made just 38 of 126 attempts the past two seasons (30%), and is especially limited as an off the dribble shooter. Wright's pull-up jumper is virtually non-existent at this stage, as he sports a low and slow release on his shot, and gets little to no elevation, which makes it difficult for him to create separation from defenders. His hesitance to shoot off the dribble is something that better defenses scouted and were able to take advantage of consistently the last two years, sagging way off him, going underneath screens on the pick and roll, and generally mucking up Utah's offense

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3e9Mverrq
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    Are those the only shots he can take now? Last year Kobe made 28% of his threes. I didn't know that when we talk about pgs that can't shoot we ignore the above 50% from the floor and only focus on behind the 3pt line. Seems like he is a player that excels at making shots but struggles from behind the arc.

Very different image, and more truthful, than a pg that can't shoot

22. Like Wild-ling#1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are those the only shots he can take now? Last year Kobe made 28% of his threes. I didn't know that when we talk about pgs that can't shoot we ignore the above 50% from the floor and only focus on behind the 3pt line. Seems like he is a player that excels at making shots but struggles from behind the arc.

Very different image, and more truthful, than a pg that can't shoot
    NBA is 82 games + playoffs with a 24 sec clock and better defenders. Whether a guy can shoot is more than %. Against NBA players college FG% sometime doesn't translate. Danials was OK in college but is still very inconsistent even against players in Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

NBA is 82 games + playoffs with a 24 sec clock and better defenders. Whether a guy can shoot is more than %. Against NBA players college FG% sometime doesn't translate. Danials was OK in college but is still very inconsistent even against players in Australia.
    yeah but 50% man. don't sell that short. that points directly to a player who understands his limitations and strengths.

25. Like BallerFromMTL liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Also don't forget this isn't your typical NCAA player. He regularly practices with NBA players because of his brother's connections. Not my personal pick, but he understands his game, how to make it work, excellent at changing speeds and already has NBA ready skills in how he splits defenses and uses the pick and roll. Combine that with defense, for a bench player how can fans complain?

He's not a pick I'm enthused about, but I understand the rationale.

27. Like Wild-ling#1 liked this post
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information