Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar and Kyle to Contenders?

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/3...eorge-hill.htm

This is a total speculation thread! I thought it would be interesting and realistic that a contender would look to trade for arguably two of the hottest players in the east. yea yea i know, latino post? what a credible source right. The ESPN insiders that the Latino Post had access to gave me a good laugh but it actually made me think. How great would Kyle be on the Heat or the Pacers, are they possible trade partners? Masai is more likely to get rid of Kyle's expiring, but Demar Derozan might be targeted as well. All i know is the only way I'm trading Demar and Lowry is if we get Lebron back. OR PAUL GEORGE. Not gonna happen but its fun to dream.

I will try to dig something out from BalticPost
    Good find
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

i remember reading a thing from the latinopost and laughing because i thought it was just some terrible rag but it turns out they're actually an extremely credible source. this is the second time i've heard Lowry to Indy...

where there's smoke there's often fire.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Unless raps are getting a killing in return, no trades for Lowry or DeRozan.

They've come this far, finish the year.

If we're talking Novak or Vasquez, then sure, entertain offers. But major pieces, keep them.

After season, draft night, or free agency wheel and deal whoever.

This team given current state of league and east is good, so let them roll on. Ujiri said they'd determine their eon fate, and they have.

Comment

i don't buy the "MU is worried about PR backlash" line. dude is a ruthless killer. he traded Nene away months after resigning him. he's the kind of guy who shoots the hostage in a hostage situation.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Well, look at it this way....maybe the Pacers & Heat are "scared" of leaving these guys on the Raptors and then meeting them in the second round

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Well, look at it this way....maybe the Pacers & Heat are "scared" of leaving these guys on the Raptors and then meeting them in the second round
              Pacers should be if they are not.

Comment

lol, These two are providing us the most fun basketball to watch in many years, but aside from throwing that away, trade them to what contender, and get what in return? Anything that makes sense for both sides?

Comment

I'm offended by this article as a Raptors fan. The Raps are not some kind of a minor league team where you can just snatch their best young players for nothing when they become good.

The guy that wrote this article i'm guessing is a Heat fan. If not, then he's just flat out stupid. I mean, the Heat obviously need a SG. Wade is injured a lot. The guy plays like once a week. So he probably looked at teams with good young SG. So he saw Raptors. Without doing any research about the team, about where the Raps are in the standings. He just probably assumed that DeRozan is available and the Heat can get him for nothing because he plays for the Raptors.

It's ridiculous and it's stupid. This kind of perception about the Raptors is what Leiweke and Ujiri needs to address.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Heat or Pacers don't have enough to give for Derozan or Lowry.
                    Their picks are likely going to be in the 20s for a long time.
                    Their good young players (Hibbert, George, Stephenson) are untouchable or they are bench players (Cole, Chalmers).

The only teams that have assets to land Lowry or Derozan are:

Pistons
                    Rockets
                    Lakers
                    Celtics
                    Sacremento
                    Charlotte
                    Suns

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                      The Heat or Pacers don't have enough to give for Derozan or Lowry.
                      Their picks are likely going to be in the 20s for a long time.
                      Their good young players (Hibbert, George, Stephenson) are untouchable or they are bench players (Cole, Chalmers).

The only teams that have assets to land Lowry or Derozan are:

Pistons
                      Rockets
                      Lakers
                      Celtics
                      Sacremento
                      Charlotte
                      Suns
                      Gotta agree with this here.

It's just not possible for either of those teams to offer anything good enough to even entertain the idea of sending them Demar or Lowry. I can see them inquiring though, but no way does Masai entertain the idea. Its just not possible to make a good trade with either of em.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

This article was written by the tooth fairy.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

What really pisses me off is how many articles about Lowry trade rumors are based on a single tweet from a American reporter quoting "insiders" or other GMs
                          Being a Toronto Raptors fan is like being in an abusive relationship... Every time you've reached your breaking point after years of disappointment and neglect, they do just enough to give you hope for the future... Only to let you down again.

Here's hoping 2014-2015 breaks the cycle!!! #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                          X