Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Confession Time

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    Best Thread Ever...wow, how cathartic is this. Man yeah, a lot of this. I was back on the VC bandwagon until I saw the propaganda special and remembered how some of his choices seemed so mind bendingly self serving that I lost all respect for him. With the whole I'm not going to dunk anymore...wasn't he just taunting the fans? What the f*ck was that? I probably need a time out.

    I used to like Doug Smith...until his curmudgeonly old non-fan musicology ignorance just irked me one too many times and then I had to walk away before I hurt something.

    Second worst day in Raptors history for me...was when Chuck left for Chicago. Killed me. Whether you liked his style or not, the guy was absolutely passionate about this team. The fact that he became a Canadian citizen meant something to me. Yeah...there's still a big part of me that loves hearing those catch phrases.
    Loved me Swirsky. I was at the game vs the Bulls when he returned and got an ovation at half time. Then Noah blocked Bosh on the game-winner. ONIONS!!!
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Rookie Ion66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My wife won us some 2nd row seats to a pre-season game years ago. We played Lithuania, and I had no idea who Kapono or Delfino were, at the time, because the Internet sucked back then. The view was great. They have menu's and waiters running around to bring you things. Every seat I've actually bought since then, has just made me sad that I can't afford awesome seats, and I tend to prefer watching on TV.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm a homer, and proud of it.

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I joined this site because none of my friends care about the Raptors the way that I do.

  5. Like lilmamba_, tylerPraps, isaacthompson liked this post
  6. #65
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I miss Aaron Gray.

  7. Like S.R. liked this post
  8. #66
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    My name isn't akash, and I'm not even Indian, I started the account as a sort of racist joke.
    I could tell by your slippers.

  9. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mike, prague wrote: View Post
    I came to love basketball and the Raptors, because of the movie Like Mike starring Bow Wow. Lol
    (I was 7)
    Me too man lol after I saw Like Mike I started looking for basketball games on television to watch. I was 8.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

  10. #68
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JessJuice wrote: View Post
    I joined this site because none of my friends care about the Raptors the way that I do.
    AMEN. I'm waaay to hardcore for everyone else. lol
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  11. Like tylerPraps liked this post
  12. #69
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wanted the raptors to take Chase Budinger instead of DD

  13. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I knew we would lose last night.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  14. #71
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It was me who called the offensive foul on Lowry last night. I am the referee from the Sacramento game.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  15. #72
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh man I forgot my worst one... I defended BC into 2012 because I thought the Val pick meant he was really committed to rebuilding over the long term.

    Then came the horror.

  16. #73
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Oh man I forgot my worst one... I defended BC into 2012 because I thought the Val pick meant he was really committed to rebuilding over the long term.



    Then came the horror.



    oh, you fool.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  17. #74
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Oh man I forgot my worst one... I defended BC into 2012 because I thought the Val pick meant he was really committed to rebuilding over the long term.

    Then came the horror.
    A lot of us were fooled. That pick made perfect sense. Sadly, those types of moves were in the minority.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

  18. #75
    Raptors Republic Starter jacobdr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Murray Harbour Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    774
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I own a bargnani jersey and shirt.

  19. #76
    Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Me too man lol after I saw Like Mike I started looking for basketball games on television to watch. I was 8.
    Like Mike ... populating the raptorsrepublic forums since 2003 ...

    I used to play the CD with songs from that movie every time we went somewhere by car. Lol

  20. #77
    Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    *Ehem* *time to 'fess up*

    We we're watching that La Lakers game vs Raps
    I'd actually thought we'd win it, I bet on it, and lost my grey wolves to my brother (he ruined the hell out of them)

    Damn you Alan Anderson
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    dat Atlantic division dominance

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •