Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Game #48: Toronto Raptors 94 - Utah Jazz- 79

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Sacramento's a terrible team. No win is easy, but I don't understand why everyone is fearing them so much. It takes more than 3 guys to win a game. They play like a bad team most nights...as in not together, with no real purpose or sense of urgency. They trounced Chicago tonight, after losing 7 games in a row.
    That's true but weren't those 7 games against pretty good competition? And weren't they pretty close in all those games? I can't really recall. I just feel a win like that against Chicago can give them a lot of confidence which will make them even tougher. Oh and some of those loses were without Rudy and Cousins or just Cousins. We won't have that luxury.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    We always start the first quarter off good and then halfway through play zero defense and the team comes back
    That's been a common pattern lately. Funny that it seems to be happening when "no defense" DeMar goes out. Weird that. An extended trend that's starting to become more common is indicated by the pattern in this game:

- 1st qtr is kind coasting along, and DeMar leaves, at 4:33 mark, Raps up 6
    - 1st qtr ends, Raps down 3
    - 2nd qtr, DeMar comes back to start the qtr with the bench, 1:19 later Raps up 2, end qtr up 11
    - 3rd qtr, some coasting again, but Raps still up 9 when DeMar leaves at 3:45 mark, qtr ends Raps still up 9
    - 4th qtr, with DeMar out, Raps lose ground in 2.5 minutes, and only up 3 at 9:37 mark
    DeMar gets hustled back in, proceeds to put team on his back and leads team to another win.

Starting to become routine.

But then, he only had below avg 4 RBs and only below avg 4 ASTs (for the stat geeks), and Hayward is better than him. Oh, and that contract of his was stupid management, right OldSkoolCool? Sorry, after the "lessons" in NBA player management today, needed to vent a little smack.

Another cool win by the good guys! Atta boy DeMar! Get well Kyle! Go get them in Sactown, boys!!
    Last edited by salmon; Tue Feb 4th, 2014 at 01:23 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true but weren't those 7 games against pretty good competition? And weren't they pretty close in all those games? I can't really recall. I just feel a win like that against Chicago can give them a lot of confidence which will make them even tougher. Oh and some of those loses were without Rudy and Cousins or just Cousins. We won't have that luxury.
    jebus! isn't there medication for extreme worry-wortness?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Noah got himself ejected and only played 18 minutes...That means for much of the game it was a terrible terrible Chicago team.

My point is they're a bad team, regardless of who's playing. With the win tonight, they moved into a 2-way tie with Utah for worst team in the West. Cousins and Gay only missed a few games.....The rest of the time they've still been bad. There's no reason Toronto should fear them. They should take it seriously, and show up to play...but if they do, Sacramento should fear them a lot more than they should fear Sacto.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. We are definitely the better offensive team. But if Rudy keeps shooting as efficient as he has been and Cousins dominates JV like he does everyone else and Thomas gets on one of his hot streaks which he does pretty much every game, I don't see us outscoring Sacramento. We HAVE to stop them with our defense, but none of those guys are easy to stop. Rudy stops himself and it looks like he isn't doing that anymore. But I'm rooting for us to win. I really hope they pull it off.
    Come on man, this is a dangerous game but all your posts are like it's DOOMSDAY coming up.
    Cousins puts up huge numbers (and huge amounts of shots) but they don't exactly lead to many wins do they, they are 16-32. Like most other teams in the league they are dangerous and if they get hot they can win. I'm more worried about Gay going off tbh, or perhaps the 1 in 30 game where Thornton randomly explodes for 40.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Tue Feb 4th, 2014 at 01:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote salmon wrote: View Post
    That's been a common pattern lately. Funny that it seems to be happening when "no defense" DeMar goes out. Weird that. An extended trend that's starting to become more common is indicated by the pattern in this game:

- 2nd qtr, DeMar comes back to start the qtr with the bench, 1:19 later Raps up 2, end qtr up 11
    - 3rd qtr, some coasting again, but Raps still up 9 when DeMar leaves at 3:45 mark, qtr ends Raps still up 9
    - 4th qtr, with DeMar out, Raps lose ground in 2.5 minutes, and only up 3 at 9:37 mark
    DeMar gets hustled back in, proceeds to put team on his back and leads team to another win.

But then, he only had below avg 4 RBs and only below avg 4 ASTs (for the stat geeks), and Hayward is better than him. Oh, and that contract of his was stupid management, right OldSkoolCool? Sorry, after the "lessons" in NBA player management today, needed to vent a little smack.

Another cool win by the good guys! Atta boy DeMar! Get well Kyle! Go get them in Sactown, boys!!
    That's really cool to see. It's seems Demar does contribute to winning more than people think. I never understood people's love for Hayward over Demar just because he gets a few more rebounds. He is good but he isn't all that. People love to focus on Demar's negatives but never seem to see the negatives of any other players. Everyone seems to be better than Demar to some on this forum. If you average a couple more rebounds or assists than Demar you're automatically better than him.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote salmon wrote: View Post

Also worth noting in these rotations. The middle of the half stints (as in late 1st and late 3rd) where DeMar went off were I think also around (or exactly) when Vasquez and Hayes came on together...

*If a team isn't too fast or long, it isn't so bad. Hayes is solid fundamentally. But tonight was awful as Utah had quick perimeter guys, and Hayes was useless against Gobert. And on O, Gobert was usually floating a good 6+ feet away from Hayes to patrol the paint with no fear of him doing anything. Casey likes vets...I get that...but he really needs to pick his matchups better.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Feb 4th, 2014 at 01:51 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Hayes has flashes of old vet brilliance at times, but he just doesn't have near the height he needs against the much taller dudes. We need Hansbrough back healthy, big time

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys I really do need to chill. I guess I'm just still affected by past Raptors teams and how the same problems would always seem to appear every year. Old Raptors would lose the game to the Kings. I just need to develop more faith in this Raptors team.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

best 2 things about this game Raps just fed JV and he proceeded to abuse the hell out of Kanter and DeMar coming in to bail out the team when things got sloppy. Close 3 would be Casey going wtf? when DeMar got hit in the face..

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Come on man, this is a dangerous game but all your posts are like it's DOOMSDAY coming up.
    Cousins puts up huge numbers (and huge amounts of shots) but they don't exactly lead to many wins do they, they are 16-32. Like most other teams in the league they are dangerous and if they get hot they can win. I'm more worried about Gay going off tbh, or perhaps the 1 in 30 game where Thornton randomly explodes for 40.
    i think we have to remember that SAC have had the hardest schedule in the entire league.

12. Like BigCamB liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Game #48: Toronto Raptors 94 - Utah Jazz- 79

I hope we see T ross posterize Rudy and show him Toronto ball.

Should be a fun win. While our old guys are going to look to have a big game against, remember their old guys are coming back, and a lot more players tend to explode going back to their old arena vs playing at home against their old teams
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Gay seems to rip his former teams. The Utah and Sacramento games for me are measuring sticks. Raps should win both. These are teams good teams beat. A loss says to me Raps are not that good and haven't learned from previous losses to lesser teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Gay seems to rip his former teams. The Utah and Sacramento games for me are measuring sticks. Raps should win both. These are teams good teams beat. A loss says to me Raps are not that good and haven't learned from previous losses to lesser teams.
    This is the NBA, and no game is a gimme. This Kings team is very capable of beating good teams on any given night:
    - They've had wins against Portland, Houston x 2, Miami, Dallas, LAC, GSW
    - they've been squeezed out by 1/2 pts against Spurs, OKC, GSW, LAC

Are all these teams "not that good"? Seriously, people need to stop with this rhetoric:
    -this game is THE "measuring stick"
    -this game will show their true colours
    -this game.......

Somebody (s) have been throwing these kind of lines out for every game the past month and a half. In an 82 game schedule, every team in the NBA gets beat by lesser teams at times. Lesson: don't take much from any single game, or even several games (humans slump), whether bad or good. Important things are win more than lose, be well positioned for playoffs, be healthy and playing as a team for playoffs, after 82 games, not 1 or 2 here or there.

16. Like iblastoff, wallz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's really cool to see. It's seems Demar does contribute to winning more than people think. I never understood people's love for Hayward over Demar just because he gets a few more rebounds. He is good but he isn't all that. People love to focus on Demar's negatives but never seem to see the negatives of any other players. Everyone seems to be better than Demar to some on this forum. If you average a couple more rebounds or assists than Demar you're automatically better than him.
    Some people here prefers Hayward over DeRozan because they want Wiggins. It's that simple.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Some people here prefers Hayward over DeRozan because they want Wiggins. It's that simple.
    That's true.

Thread Information