No announcement yet.

Vasquez on the trade block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should keep him for the season, at least. I see much improvement over the past few weeks compared to when he first arrived.

Comment

I think if the plan going forward is to keep Lowry, I would try to keep Vasques as well. He is a nice compliment to Kyle, brings great size, can easily play both at the same time, and, I am sure, Vasques' numbers will will get better as he plays more with his team.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Vasquez isn't likely a long term answer, so if you can get a nice return, absolutely trade him. Our back-up PG (or starting PG) will likely come from the draft.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

GV's on a good contract.. can be locked up due to his RFA status.. has great character and can help your bench. Wouldn't mind keeping him but if we could get a pick in the 25-35 range for him than I'd probably accept that offer.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Good to hear.

All separate deals:

Novak/OKC 2014 2nd rd and for Miller
            Vasquez for Mosgov (Gay TPE for Mosgov)
            Daye for Hamilton

That is a solid team moving towards playoffs.

Struggling to see why Denver does it outside of money and need for PG right now.
            Saves them $3.3M next year.
            Takes the Miller distraction away.
            Late 2nd round pick for their troubles.
            Andre Miller please!!!
            3rd spot is ours if we get him.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              Andre Miller please!!!
              3rd spot is ours if we get him.
              How is a 38 year old PG who can't defend anymore, can't shoot 3's, has lost the little bit of step he had going to put us firmely in 3rd spot?
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I don't think GV is going to swing this team one way or the other.

Take a look at back-up PG's around the league. GV is top 30 in plenty of statistical categories, which means he's actually as good as some starters in certain aspects, and certainly better than many backups. Of course his defense sucks.

Back-up/future PG and a SF with size and athleticism would be ideal targets in the draft. I always believe in drafting for talent over position, but hopefully Ujiri can come up with some solutions. An extra second rounder this year and an extra first rounder next year, right?
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I don't think GV is going to swing this team one way or the other.

Take a look at back-up PG's around the league. GV is top 30 in plenty of statistical categories, which means he's actually as good as some starters in certain aspects, and certainly better than many backups. Of course his defense sucks.

Back-up/future PG and a SF with size and athleticism would be ideal targets in the draft. I always believe in drafting for talent over position, but hopefully Ujiri can come up with some solutions. An extra second rounder this year and an extra first rounder next year, right?
                  More or less. We have Sac 2nd rounder (56-60 protected) likely coming and OKCs 2nd rounder coming. We have to send the less favourable of the Sac and our own 2nd rounder to the Bucks, so in essence, yes we have 2 picks in the 2nd round unless the Sac pick doesn't come through, in which case we are left with only the OKC pick for round 2 (as we send our own to Milawukee).

We have an extra 2016 (not next year) 1st rounder, the worse of NYK and Denver (Denver holds the rights to swap). We owe our 2016 2nd to Memphis and have NYK 2017 2nd rounder coming in.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

GV is exactly where he needs to be. He knows the idiosyncrasies of the second unit because he's played with them so long. He's finally healthy and rounding into form. He likes playing behind Lowry and him and Lowry play great off of each other. Sure he has some deficiencies the way every player in this league has deficiencies. Trading Vazquez is a bad idea and short term thinking.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                      GV is exactly where he needs to be. He knows the idiosyncrasies of the second unit because he's played with them so long. He's finally healthy and rounding into form. He likes playing behind Lowry and him and Lowry play great off of each other. Sure he has some deficiencies the way every player in this league has deficiencies. Trading Vazquez is a bad idea and short term thinking.
                      I think you have your short term and long term mixed up. Keep GV because he knows the players of the 2nd unit? You plan on building a dynasty around the bench unit of Salmons, Patterson and Hayes?

Comment

I say keep him for now. He's not great, but a decent backup. He held the fort down nicely last night in Kyle's absence. He's on a cheap contract. Sure his D isn't where it should be and he can be streaky and has a pretty ugly floater, but compare him to Stone and Buycks and he's golden. Plus he likes playing here and has pre-established chemistry with Salmons, Patterson and Hayes. When they play together there is a familiarity that we would sorely miss from our second unit.

Comment

If sefolosha is available I'd be a fan of bringing him in...
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Good to hear.

All separate deals:

Novak/OKC 2014 2nd rd and for Miller
                            Vasquez for Mosgov (Gay TPE for Mosgov)
                            Daye for Hamilton

That is a solid team moving towards playoffs.

Struggling to see why Denver does it outside of money and need for PG right now.
                            Saves them $3.3M next year.
                            Takes the Miller distraction away.
                            Late 2nd round pick for their troubles.
                            No way Denver gives up Mozgov given how thin their frontcourt is. I could be wrong but if that happens, it'll be a fleecing.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

who would be in the market for him?
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                who would be in the market for him?
                                GSW or Brooklyn immediately come to mind as wanting back-up PG help. GV isn't going to be a great return.

Comment

Working...
                                X