• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Hmm I have a bit of a different view.

Hill was improving, Lowry is at his peak
    DD and Granger are very similar in their respective 5th seasons
    Ross has a long way to go before becoming the next George
    We have no one with the abilities of Lance Stephenson, or anyone who will improve like Lance has
    The combo of Amir/2Pat is not equal to West with his ability to operate out of the low block
    Hansborough = Hansborough
    Hibbert was actually worse than JV so far (comparing 2nd years)...so if there is any reason for gaining an advantage it is here.

Although there is room for us to improve, we wont be able to improve as much as the Pacers have been, with Hill, George and Lance vs Lowry and Ross and [nobody compared to Lance].

IMO we are still missing a post presence, 3 point shooting, and a 'catalyst' (for lack of better words) in order to improve as much as the Pacers have.
    Ideally (and likely enough that I think it's worth taking the shot):

Derozan will end up better than Granger.
    Ross will end up worse than George.
    JV will end up slightly better than Hibbert
    Lowry = West
    Hill's current contribution = Amir's current contribution (eh, this is one I'm not too sure about)

DD can't become a non-factor like Granger has and hopefully avoids any career threatening injuries.

Then we still have this years draft pick, and a SAC 2nd rounder. We need to score someone that contributes. We should be able to get one borderline starter.
    And we have cap room in 2015 to add a good player if we don't stumble into a Stephenson before then.

Obviously this couldn't be further from being a sure thing. But it's not so implausible as to be foolish to wait and see.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Ya I guess that's fair^

Comment

Love the randomness of stuff in this thread

Comment

I hate the NBA, but love the Raptors (and Basketball in general).

BUT, fuck the NBA media, fuck the NBA refs, fuck NBA politics, etc etc etc.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

didn't get to catch yesterdays game, fell asleep like 20 min before tip off lol. Anyways, are you telling me we lost to a scrub ass team like the sacramento kings?! And these players are our future? I notice a disturbing trend with our defense, it is getting worse with each game and is not something we can hang our hat on anymore. Sure, from the highlights I saw it looked like the refs blew the call on lowry yesterday, but why were we even in that position to begin with against a crappy team like the kings? This team is not consistent at all.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              didn't get to catch yesterdays game, fell asleep like 20 min before tip off lol. Anyways, are you telling me we lost to a scrub ass team like the sacramento kings?! And these players are our future? I notice a disturbing trend with our defense, it is getting worse with each game and is not something we can hang our hat on anymore. Sure, from the highlights I saw it looked like the refs blew the call on lowry yesterday, but why were we even in that position to begin with against a crappy team like the kings? This team is not consistent at all.
              OMG. I totally agree with you. We won't win the championship this year. And we're not sucking badly enough to get top 5 pick, which will 100% guarantee us to be in the conference finals for 10 years straight, starting 7 years from now. We're soo stuck in mediocrity with this exact group that we see before us, for the next 17 years. ;-)

Oh, about last nights game. I didn't see it either, but do realize that the Kings have a some talented pieces, actually, but they just don't fit that well together. They are just one Rudy Gay trade away....

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                Ideally (and likely enough that I think it's worth taking the shot):

Derozan will end up better than Granger.
                Ross will end up worse than George.
                JV will end up slightly better than Hibbert
                Lowry = West
                Hill's current contribution = Amir's current contribution (eh, this is one I'm not too sure about)

DD can't become a non-factor like Granger has and hopefully avoids any career threatening injuries.

Then we still have this years draft pick, and a SAC 2nd rounder. We need to score someone that contributes. We should be able to get one borderline starter.
                And we have cap room in 2015 to add a good player if we don't stumble into a Stephenson before then.

Obviously this couldn't be further from being a sure thing. But it's not so implausible as to be foolish to wait and see.
                And last (but not least): Our ownership is willing to pay tax if there is a chance of excellence, Pacer's IS NOT. This may be demonstrated this year is some teams offers Lance max (or close to it). Listening to Bird "there is no chance they pay Lance & Granger 18+ mil next year". Paying tax is not an option.

Comment

TRADE THEM ALL

Comment

Since this is an unpopular opinions thread, I say Demar wins the Skills Challenge.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Even good teams lose to bad teams. I think every one of the top teams this year has lost to a sub .500 team.

Sacremento has beaten Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix all this season. I think people are being a litle over dramatic about this team and we still have future with this core. Again even great teams lose to bad teams.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Since this is an unpopular opinions thread, I say Demar wins the Skills Challenge.

Im with you on that haha
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Artophwar wrote: View Post
                          Even good teams lose to bad teams. I think every one of the top teams this year has lost to a sub .500 team.

Sacremento has beaten Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix all this season. I think people are being a litle over dramatic about this team and we still have future with this core. Again even great teams lose to bad teams.
                          Sometimes it is not about losing, it is about how you lose.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            haha, I'm scared he's going to epically fail the passing component, causing a mental spiral towards depression that leads to Vince-level moping. He then grows a beard and join Marbury on the Beijing Ducks Dynasty (looking for 2nd title in 3 yrs).
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sacramento actually played well that game. Most are focusing on the Raps inefficiencies or the poor officiating, but the Kings have been playing better recently and Malone is trying to get them to commit to defence. They actually played pretty good defence in that game, and held CHI to 70pts the game before. If they commit to playing decent D, they can be a good team.
                              Also, our defence is probably getting worse, and is certainly a reflection of Amir's play. When he is on, we play great D, and when he isn't we struggle. Amir has been half-assing it as of late, probably due to injury.

Anyways, the Raps have potential, and whether we continue with this group or not there is no reason to think we are stuck in mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                              X