X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon and Wright to Start Tonight?

From Doug Smith's blog the other day.

Time for a change

Remember the other day when I mentioned that there were those in the hierarchy who thought change might be coming to the starting lineup?

I am sure their voices are louder now and should be listened to.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the starting lineup in Golden State on Saturday wasn’t Jose Calderon, Antoine Wright, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani.

It’s not entirely a knock against Jarrett or DeMar – and Lord knows there’s enough under-performing going on now that everyone shares the blame – but it’s got to be time to do something to see if they can find a spark.

There’s still a quarter of the season to go and that’s plenty of time and they remain right in the thick of a race for fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth.

But the events of the past couple of weeks, plus some private conversations I’ve had with a bunch of people, leads me to believe change is afoot.

And, frankly, I think it should be.
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...e-do-here.html

What do you guys think? Good move, bad move? Change for the sake of change? All I know is something needs to be done in order to get the Dinos back on track.

DeMar out is definitely the right decision, but I don't think Jack should be removed from the starting lineup. Sure at times his defense has been suspect, but no worse than Jose's. If there's been another player consistant throughout this season along with Bosh (when healthy) its been Jarrett.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      DeMar out is definitely the right decision, but I don't think Jack should be removed from the starting lineup. Sure at times his defense has been suspect, but no worse than Jose's. If there's been another player consistant throughout this season along with Bosh (when healthy) its been Jarrett.
      Fully agree with you there.

They should bench Hedon't though.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
        You know what, it might not hurt. It seemed to work for the Spurs in San Antonio with Jefferson who until last night came off the bench for 7 or 8 consecutive games. I think more of these recent collapses by the Raptors and perhaps Jay might make such a bold move in sending Hedo to the bench.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          Fully agree with you there.

You know what, it might not hurt. It seemed to work for the Spurs in San Antonio with Jefferson who until last night came off the bench for 7 or 8 consecutive games. I think more of these recent collapses by the Raptors and perhaps Jay might make such a bold move in sending Hedo to the bench.

JT doesn't have the balls to make a move like that, let alone even consider it. Jay is no Popovich, so for him to pull a move like that would def require balls of steel.

I'd like to see Wright replace Hedo in the SL. Maybe having Hedo coming off the bench will light a fire under his ass. Not sure if that diva can handle it though. Ego anyone?

Comment

Its broken, time to fix it or at least band-aid it until the off season when major change could be coming again.

They need to make the playoffs if want any hope of keeping Bosh.

Comment

i've been pushing for wright to be a starter for some time now so im ok with that move...not too high on the jose replacing jarrett move though

Comment

I think Jack will still finish the game. It sounds like they're looking for a spark right out of the gate.

Comment

I don't think starting Jose and Wright is a bad idea...
                  I still like Hedo even after all the hating on him, but, a demotion to the bench wouldn't be such a bad idea...

Comment

As long as Jose gets time with Weems, DeRozan and Johnson, I could live with a shake-up. I think Jose has done a good job of turning himself into that guy who finds his players cutting to the net. Good transformation.

Comment

OK, according to Jay via Eric Smith's Twitter there will be no changes to the lineup tonight.

"(Nobody) has played themselves out of a spot & I don't think anybody has played themselves into a spot the way we've been playin." - Triano
                      Source - Click here

Comment

This was via Matt Devlin's Twitter:

Talked to Triano..bigs rotation will be tighter..wants to give Belly a shot tonight v. former team. No change to starting 5.
                        So, no Reggie I'm assuming unless Bosh, Andrea and Amir are in foul trouble?

Source - Click here

Comment

This was via Matt Devlin's Twitter:

So, no Reggie I'm assuming unless Bosh, Andrea and Amir are in foul trouble?

Source - Click here
                          That is how it should be every night. Reggie should be used only for "special assignments"

Comment

against Chris kaman....lol

Comment

Working...
                            X