THREE TRADES - Take your pick or take them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THREE TRADES - Take your pick or take them all

How can we make this current team a little stronger this year for a long playoff and not give away any of our current quality players on the roster?

There are teams out there that either need a tweak in their own rosters or are looking to blow things up for the season so lets start with

Trade #1 TO & DEN
    Toronto trades Vasquez , Daye and Buycks + 1M
    Denver trades Miller , Hamilton and 2nd rd pick (from Portland)

This gives us a better veteran point guard who knows how to run a team and would be and ideal player in reduced minutes behind Lowry. Hamilton is an expiring contract but would be good to have some depth in case of injury at the SF position. Miller has played his last game in Denver so they could really use a PG since Robinson went out.

Trade #2 - TO & HOU
    Toronto trades Novak , 2014 2nd rd pick (from Thunder) , 2014 2nd rd pick (from Portland via Denver trade)
    Houston trades Motiejunas and Garcia

Houston sits near the bottom of the league in 3pt shooting and Novak would be a good hired gun in that situation. Motiejunas is looking to find some more playing time and the possibility of hooking up with JV should be appealing. Garcia would be a nice bench player to have come in and play the 2 when needed.

Trade #3 - TO and NYK
    Toronto trades Fields , Hayes and returns 2016 NYK 1st rd pick and 2017 NYK 2nd rd pick
    New York trades Chandler and Udrih

Lets face it we need a quality back up center and yes we may be overpaying Chandler at 14M but when you look at the production we would have compared to what we will be getting out of Hayes and Fields. In reality the 2016 pick may really not be that valuable when the time comes around considering they will go thru a total rebuild after next season but in their eyes it may look better. New York is not going to anywhere this season so they may want to start the rebuild sooner.

In the end we go into the playoff hunt with this line up

JV / Chandler / Motiejunas
    Amir / Patterson / Hansbrough
    Ross / Salmons / Hamilton
    DeRozan / Garcia / Stone
    Lowry / Miller / Udrih

Thoughts?

The first one, sure.

The second one is kind of interesting because Garcia would give the team some added toughness, especially come playoff time. He seems like a bit of a crazy person. A Lithuanian frontcourt would be interesting. We'd have a lot of bigs, though, and i don't like the idea of trading 2 picks (even if they're second rounders) much less any.

The third one good god no
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah the glutton of bigs would be a concern but could be worked out next summer and considering the (2) second rounders are probably going to come in at #56 and #60 they seems to have more value than they really do have.

The third one kinda troubled me at first but honestly the picks may not amount to much and maybe we can squeeze Shumpert out of them too.

Honestly I would be happy with the first 2 trades as it would give us Motiejunas as another C option although he plays more of a PF style.

Comment

I wouldn't do the 1st one (because of cap space this summer).
        I think Houston wouldn't do the 2nd one (also cap space).
        I think neither team would do the 3rd trade. Toronto will prefer picks, and NY wants to stay a decent team so they stand a better chance to convince Melo to stay.

Comment

Working...
        X