Bill Bayno: International spy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Bayno: International spy

This is very interesting to me and thus should be for you, too. Bayno is known as a excellent developer of players with a keen eye for talent. It's a big reason a lot of Portland players were incredibly upset when he was let go, most notably Lamarcus Aldridge. The upcoming draft is going to have quite a few euros, as always, but we have two second round picks this year and it would be wise to invest in a player or two that can develop overseas for a year or two and then come in when we sign Durant and become the next dynasty. And Bayno's going to be in the thick of it!
    @sweatpantsjer

Haha love the Durant dynasty throw in.

Good point though. We want our scouts in the best position to find that 2nd round gem. We could have 2. One I'd target overseas swing for the fences, the other a Jr or Sr player who can fill a niche role (Aaron Craft for backup PG?)
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Haha love the Durant dynasty throw in.

Good point though. We want our scouts in the best position to find that 2nd round gem. We could have 2. One I'd target overseas swing for the fences, the other a Jr or Sr player who can fill a niche role (Aaron Craft for backup PG?)
      I use to be pretty high on Craft, but other than his balls to the wall defense, I am not sure he can run an NBA team.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

the way i've always looked at it is with second round players you either swing for the fences on a super talented guy regardless of how many people he MAY have killed, draft a euro who you can stash away and come in and help later or just sit there and not actually waste your money or a guy who's really good at one thing (shooting, rebounding, defense, etc) and have him fill a roll.

if we do get the sac second rounder its basically a super late first rounder, someone's bound to fall a bit because they MAY have killed someone and boom MU's there to collect
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          I use to be pretty high on Craft, but other than his balls to the wall defense, I am not sure he can run an NBA team.
          Aaron Craft may be going to medical school ? Not the NBA. That's what was speculated on CBS.

Comment

Like the idea of a euro stash but euro's are scouted so well now a days that a stash is probably going to end up a bust anyways (look at the guy that BC drafted). I would prefer a niche player.. a guy that's really good at one thing (like rebounding, 3pt shooting, defense) and bring them in as role players (13-14th guy on the bench). Could blossom into a Faried type of player and that would be awesome.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Like the idea of a euro stash but euro's are scouted so well now a days that a stash is probably going to end up a bust anyways (look at the guy that BC drafted). I would prefer a niche player.. a guy that's really good at one thing (like rebounding, 3pt shooting, defense) and bring them in as role players (13-14th guy on the bench). Could blossom into a Faried type of player and that would be awesome.
              Agree with you on the Sac 2nd rounder, but the Thunder pick is highly unlikely to yield even a 15th man. Taking the euro allows him to develop without using a roster spot.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Wonder if Clint Capela will be there. Kid has tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Clint capela is a beast!!! I hope we can grab him in the second round
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    Clint capela is a beast!!! I hope we can grab him in the second round
                    Lol his projected as mid first rounder. Might not even be there at are first round pick. Which would be 19th in the league.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Lol his projected as mid first rounder. Might not even be there at are first round pick. Which would be 19th in the league.

I know haha but a man can dream cant he?
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                      X