Game #49: Toronto Raptors 101 - Sacramento Kings 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #49: Toronto Raptors 101 - Sacramento Kings 109

By the way. those of you in GTA, who is enjoying yet ANOTHER snow storm today... crazy.

Game #49: Toronto Raptors @ Sacramento Kings
    10:00PM
    TV: Sportsnet
    Radio: TSN 1050

So, the Toronto Raptors (26-22) are currently 2-1 going to the 4th game of this road trip against the Sacramento Kings (16-32).

Things to watch for

The return of the Sacramento Guys:

How much emotion will play into this game. Not much I suspect because each player has been to multiple stops. But nonetheless, there is always that feeling of going back to an old home. Gay will have too play against his former team mates as well. Raptors are 20-10 since the trade and 18-10 since the Sac guys joined us. Kings are still below .500 since the trade (11-19)

DeMar DeRozan vs. Rudy Gay:

Both players have gone up against each other bunch of times in practice. Rudy will most likely guard DeMar, but it'll be interesting to see who wins the battle.

Demarcus Cousins vs. JV

This match up is going to pose problems for JV as Cousins is a MUCH bigger guy than him. He will have to box out. The only time these guys went at it, Cousins had 20-13 and JV was held to 3-3.

Raptors will win this game if they play defence. Sacramento can pose trouble with their offence. Their defence is not as good and Raptors will have to take advantage.

Say what you want about Gay he's a very Handsome fellow #NoHomo thats why BC wanted him in Toronto #NoHomo

Comment

Finally, a game thread lol.
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Raptors can win this. Just need to play solid defence and force IT, Rudy, and DMC to take contested 2's.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Isaiah Thomas running on Lowry all night could be a serious problem too.

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
            Raptors can win this. Just need to play solid defence and force IT, Rudy, and DMC to take contested 2's.
            cousins has been making less long 2 attempts, something demar needs to get onboard with (or get a lot better at).

Comment

gonna be weird to see acy get all dancy on the SAC bench!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                gonna be weird to see acy get all dancy on the SAC bench!
                Lol it would be funny if he accidentally cheered for the Raps during the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                OG is our king

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  cousins has been making less long 2 attempts, something demar needs to get onboard with (or get a lot better at).
                  I agree. Especially on a night like this. SAC's defence isn't too great, and he can put a lot of pressure on Cousins by drawing fouls on him. Maybe even get some frustration and a Technical foul call on him haha.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                    I agree. Especially on a night like this. SAC's defence isn't too great, and he can put a lot of pressure on Cousins by drawing fouls on him. Maybe even get some frustration and a Technical foul call on him haha.
                    I'd like the Raptors do a better job of drawing fouls... or particularly at focusing on going after a guy who takes a couple early fouls. Especially when they've got one of the best bigs at drawing fouls in Hansbrough. I know TH has slipped down the rotation, but five minutes where he comes on, draws a few fouls, and holds his own in the rebounding department is 5 minutes well spent.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      I'd like the Raptors do a better job of drawing fouls... or particularly at focusing on going after a guy who takes a couple early fouls. Especially when they've got one of the best bigs at drawing fouls in Hansbrough. I know TH has slipped down the rotation, but five minutes where he comes on, draws a few fouls, and holds his own in the rebounding department is 5 minutes well spent.
                      sacramento are actually slightly better at drawing fouls than we are and are almost just as good at the line (77.1 vs 77.3 for the raps)

Comment

For a team so bad (record wise) Sacramento actually has a lot of talent.

Bryan Colangelo of all people could be the guy that rights that ship. BC loves character guys and Sacramento needs them. He also drafts really well, and that's one thing Sacramento hasn't been very good at.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          For a team so bad (record wise) Sacramento actually has a lot of talent.

Bryan Colangelo of all people could be the guy that rights that ship. BC loves character guys and Sacramento needs them. He also drafts really well, and that's one thing Sacramento hasn't been very good at.
                          I question this.

I think their roster looks a lot like what BC would put together. Frankenroster of talented players.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                            By the way. those of you in GTA, who is enjoying yet ANOTHER snow storm today... crazy.
                            Just got home and realized my neighbour snow-plowed my driveway. So happy as he saved me at least 2hrs of snow shoveling.

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
                              Just got home and realized my neighbour snow-plowed my driveway. So happy as he saved me at least 2hrs of snow shoveling.
                              Haha... Got the day off... U have a really nice neighbour

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X