Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Casey not standing up for his team

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Well this is one of those stats that is kind of self-explanatory.
    6-19 is actually a little better than I would have expected.
    Why? Still 25% of the game to go; unless it's a blow-out.

That also means we are trailing entering the 4th Q in 25 games out of 49 games. So 50%. If you want to be a contender, you can't put yourself in that position and not be better in the 4th.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Why? Still 25% of the game to go; unless it's a blow-out.

That also means we are trailing entering the 4th Q in 25 games out of 49 games. So 50%. If you want to be a contender, you can't put yourself in that position and not be better in the 4th.
    Well we are 26-23 so trailing in 25 games after 3 isn't too much worse than trailing in 23 after 4!

I think it's safe to say that when playing a better team, it's not ever too surprising to be trailing at some point. When we're trailing after 3, either the other team has shown that it's better or we've had a bad start. I'd say the former probably occurs more often than the latter.

3. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Well we are 26-23 so trailing in 25 games after 3 isn't too much worse than trailing in 23 after 4!

I think it's safe to say that when playing a better team, it's not ever too surprising to be trailing at some point. When we're trailing after 3, either the other team has shown that it's better or we've had a bad start. I'd say the former probably occurs more often than the latter.
    haha ever the optimist!

Are bad starts acceptable? How many games is it acceptable for a pro athlete to not show up for half?

If the other team is better, absolutely, expectation is we'd lose. But bad starts are largely because we lack effort (don't drive, don't rebound, don't defend). The Sac game is a perfect example. There is no way we should be losing that game, but because the guys didn't show up focused, we lost. Plain and simple. As a coach, I find that unacceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

Another poor start hurts the team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information