So the Cleveland GM got axed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Cleveland GM got axed

I don't think i need to remind everyone how their last few first round picks have been head scratchers and thus i'm guessing whoever comes in might want to ship some of them out, especially Waiters and Bennett.

Time for the warlord MU to pilfer
    @sweatpantsjer

Novak for Bennett
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

BC, is shining his shoes and starching up his collars for the job interview

Comment

Fields for Waiters and a first round pick
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          BC, is shining his shoes and starching up his collars for the job interview
          Would not be surprised. The way the raps are playing only helps his case. Since his responsible for the whole starting line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Fields for Waiters and a first round pick
            The bad GM got fired, not given more power. LOL

Comment

Good. lol

Comment

we need to be asking about Jarrett Jack. Fields and protected 1st rounder gets that done for me. Saves them 12 million
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Chris Grant's problem was never that he was a bad trader - he was honestly a trade ninja when it comes to the "get more than you give" theory of trading - but that he was problematic as a drafter and terrible at assembling a coherent roster. Profitable trades with Cleveland are more likely now, not less.

That having been said, Cleveland is apparently elevating the assistant GM to the top chair for now and that guy has a solid rep for being good at all management aspects, so who knows.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    we need to be asking about Jarrett Jack. Fields and protected 1st rounder gets that done for me. Saves them 12 million
                    Protected as in they never get it?? OK done... Otherwise, no thanks.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      The bad GM got fired, not given more power. LOL
                      New GM on the block, take em to church, MU
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the thing is Cleveland should have a starting lineup of Kyrie Irving, Victor Oladipo, Harrison Barnes, Jonas Valanciunas...and thats not just hindsight talking...these guys were rated better by most of the media and scouts alike. aside from a PF how is this not a core to build around for ten years to come? Cavs gloriously shit the bed with picks 29 other teams would have salivated over
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Wanted to post the Vultures from Jungle Book ... feels appropriate here.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Protected as in they never get it?? OK done... Otherwise, no thanks.
                            If you dont see how Fields and a mid to late first rounder isn't worth Jarrett Jack we can't be friends anymore

Comment

Hold on to your pants folks. Before we get excited, out very own might get poached:

The Cleveland Cavaliers fired Chris Grant on Thursday and elevated David Griffin to interim general manager.

Sources say the Cavaliers have done background checking on Mark Hughes, who is currently director of pro personnel of Mark Hughes.

Jeff Weltman, who is currently with the Toronto Raptors, is also expected to receive interest.

Gary Sacks is also an under-the-radar possibility. Sacks is currently general manager of the Los Angeles Clippers, but Doc Rivers has final say on personnel moves.

Chris Wallace, Glen Grunwald and Jeff Bower are also available candidates with previous GM experience.

Weltman might be doing this right now:

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X