Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 NBA All-Star Dunk Contest - go Ross go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the new format but there Isnt an individual winner!?!? The individual winner is a fan vote!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, of course this weekend I won't be able to watch most of it.
      Shjndjsjdjsjdkdn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      OG is our king

Comment

So apparently there can't be a winner, it's by conference. Is this correct?
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Demar is in the skills challenge, good luck!

Comment

I got PVR just in time for the ASG!
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
              This year’s event will feature the participants competing as a team – three players representing the Eastern Conference and three players representing the Western Conference – in an above-the-rim two-round format.

In a significant first in the event’s history, the competition will tip off with a Freestyle Round where the dunkers for each conference will have 90 seconds to showcase as many dunks as they want. At the conclusion of the Freestyle Round, the panel of judges will then choose a winner by voting “East” or “West.” The winning conference will earn the advantage of deciding whether its dunkers will dunk first or second in the head-to-head battles that take place in the Battle Round.

The Battle Round will feature head-to-head matchups pitting East dunkers vs. West dunkers, with the judges choosing a winner for each battle. Upon losing a head-to-head battle, that dunker is then eliminated from the competition. The first team to win three battles will win the competition and be crowned 2014 Sprite Slam Dunk champions.

The participants are Terrence Ross, Paul George, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Ben McLemore and Harrison Barnes.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-c
              So there's no individual winner this year?? man, NBA really needs to stop fucking up with the rules for this event. They change it every year i swear. Just go back to the old rules back in the Michael Jordan era.

Anyway, East is loaded with Ross, PG and Wall. Can't see them losing this one. West basically have one dunker and that's McLemore. The other two(Barnes and Lillard) are not built for this event.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

East are going to win because they have the most popular player- PG. When Griffin won it, he wasn't as impressive as demar or javale. A superstar is back in the contest, so east wins. Period. the thing is a joke.
                @Boymusic66

Comment

Can't say I'm at all interested in a Team Dunk Contest :/ I'm not one to be overly interested in the All Star weekend anyway, but would've loved to see Ross get the chance to defend his title.

Comment

I like the freestyle format, that seems pretty cool...but all-star weekend, yawn, great time to do some fishing.

Comment

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/06/new-sla...-rules-format/

well written
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

RANT: Seriously, what is this BS of a title?

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/as.dunk...iref%3Anbahpts

George, Lillard and Wall headline the 2014 Slam Dunk?

Uh, isnt Terrence Ross the effing defending champion?

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

Yes, but he is not a all-star. Though I do get your point.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                            This years all star weekend is looking a lot better then it has been in years past
                            It's about time...last year I only got hyped over the 3 point comp. which was oozing big names.

Comment

Don't understand why everyone is so down on Ross. I think he has a great chance and of the list I say he is the most pure dunker of all the guys listed. He's gonna kill it!

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

It's HEADLINING the competition, and those players all have 20x the star power Ross does. Did you want the title the year before to say "Jeremy Evans is back!" or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X