Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 NBA All-Star Dunk Contest - go Ross go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    If you ask me I kind of like the new format, takes pressure of the dunkers
    Pressure makes diamonds.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      Pressure makes diamonds.
      ...and extreme heat!

(lilmamba needs all the info we can provide)

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        that's Vince Carter' esque
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          ...and extreme heat!

(lilmamba needs all the info we can provide)
          Well, let's not give him miss-information

Diamonds are barely within the physically possible P-T realms on Earth (due to the geothermal gradient, and high P, low T phase stable zones of Diamonds). When things heat up too much we are gifted with some wonderful graphite instead of diamonds. Also due to the stable isotope geochemistry of diamonds containing elevated stable isotope ratios of Carbon signifies that Diamonds are also only created solely from organic based carbon along high P, low T zones which are then brought to the surface quickly as xenoliths in rising magma so the diamond does not break down and reaches cooler surface temperature zones rather than being carried deeper into the earth along subduction zones and introduced to those higher T conditions. This is why Kimberlite Mines are so sought after, because they are old volcanic tubes that contain these diamond xenoliths (as well as other things).

PS: I love rocks

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

PS: I love rocks
            Jesus Christ Marie! They're minerals!
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              Jesus Christ Marie! They're minerals!
              Touche sir....

That said, I still love rocks and their respective mineral assemblages

Comment

he's such a douce
                http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/02...s=iref:nbahpts
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

This dunk competition is set up differently then the ones in the past if you haven't seen. NBA.com has the rulings as this being an east vs west comp, with either the East or West winning it. There's something like a 1 min dunk off for each player where they do many dunks as they can, before heading to the 2nd round which is a dunk off (with elimination) against an opponent from the other team or conference. It looks like it's going to have multiple winners this year, which i really hope is not the case cuz it will make the dunk contest soooo boring

Comment

Working...
                  X